Coy Wire may start

Kelly the Dog

This just in, Coy may start...

STARTER AT STRONG SAFETY: Bills top pick Donte Whitner isn't a lock to start at strong safety Sunday. Veteran Coy Wire is a possibility to start.

"We're really not ready to say that Coy is the starter, but we like Coy," said Jauron. "He has the most experience of those guys and we're trying to bring Donte along. Whoever starts, Donte is going to play. If he doesn't start he's going to play a great deal in the game. Coy is coming back from injury so whoever is out there is going to need a blow at some time or another."

Whoever is out there is also going to be facing a major challenge in New England's talented tight end combo of Ben Watson and Daniel Graham. Watson has been a beast in the preseason and finished with an eight catch 97 yard performance against Washington in a 41-0 rout. With some new players in their receiving corps Brady figures to be leaning on his tight ends in the passing game.

Frankly, I think it is a bunch of gamesmanship, and that Whitner will start and play as long as he is not getting burnt repeatedly and caught out of position. I did notice Coy in on the goalline defense with the first stringers a couple times in the pre-season and perhaps he will play in certain defenses. But I doubt Wire will play ahead of Whitner.

It does, however, bring up the question of whether Jauron knows he has one of the worst players in the history of football according to many here, or isn't the stand up guy we're led to believe, or that perhaps as a highly regarded defensive mind/coach over the last 45 or so years he notices that Wire has some talent.

Psssss...

Oh sure, Dick Jauron has been "a top Defensive mind for 45 years" and "working in the NFL" and may have even "actually played football".

But *I* have been hard at work sitting on my ass watching games on TV, reading the Interweb and drinking Labbat Blue's and I know this much - COY WIRE MUST NOT START! Clearly with my background I know more than 'ol Jauronamo does ;)

Also, LOL @ detoxsmurf's post...

Sweet Fancy Moses, this is one hilarious thread.

Kelly, you didn't include the link to your quote -- where'd you find it?

763253[/snapback]

I don't know where Kelly found it, but George Seifert tipped me off to this when I was taking a leak in the Buffalo airport this afternoon.

I TOLD YOU FOOLS HERE AT TBD THAT I WOULD STILL BE HERE. READ IT AND WEEP SUCKAS.

The C to the O to the Y is in the hizzzzouse! I am headed back ova to Bills lnsider to hang wit the COY Soldiers. The Homies over there got mad love for me.

763239[/snapback]

I forgot about our entertaining yet infrequent visits from the C to the O to the Y. I'm not sure who's my favorite. Coy, the plastic cup, or Jesus H. Christ.

Psssss...

Oh sure, Dick Jauron has been "a top Defensive mind for 45 years" and "working in the NFL" and may have even "actually played football".

But *I* have been hard at work sitting on my ass watching games on TV, reading the Interweb and drinking Labbat Blue's and I know this much - COY WIRE MUST NOT START!  Clearly with my background I know more than 'ol Jauronamo does  ;)

Also, LOL @ detoxsmurf's post...

763250[/snapback]

Totally envious of the Labatt Blue drinking, moved to knoxville no Blue Lights sold here for me ;)