Bob Costas sucks

Dan Gross

This is just a placeholder for now. You know that this weekend he may likely say something smarmy about the Bills, so I just wanted to make sure I created the first Bob Costas sucks thread. Of course if he says only nice things about the Bills, then I will change the thread title, but for now, since he's part of that evil conglomerate known as the "National Sportscasters" we will assume he's part of the "Anti-Bills Conspiracy." Besides, it's not about who's good, it's about who sucks...

This is just a placeholder for now.  You know that this weekend he may likely say something smarmy about the Bills, so I just wanted to make sure I created the first Bob Costas sucks thread.  Of course if he says only nice things about the Bills, then I will change the thread title, but for now, since he's part of that evil conglomerate known as the "National Sportscasters" we will assume he's part of the "Anti-Bills Conspiracy."  Besides, it's not about who's good, it's about who sucks...

762310[/snapback]

Agreed. Bill O'Reilly? Arriana Huffington? Thomas Friedman? They all suck, too. When was the last time they said anything great about the Bills? Conan O'Brien? Okay, so he's hysterical, but he hates the Bills. Not one good thing to say about them in, like, forever. Okay, so maybe those four aren't sportscasters, but if they were, they'd suck big time. And don't even get me started on all the stations ESPN has that I don't have to watch if I don't want to. All that stuff I don't watch sucks. And they never show the Bills.

Am I the only one that's noticed the fact that, when at all possible (I'm talkin 95% of the time or greater), on any highlight for any player; they show them making a play against the Bills?

Whether be a back breaking tackles, a guy intercepting a ball, laying a hit, scoring a td, you name it, they stick a Bill being burned highlight in there.

I'm not saying this is part of the national conspiracy against Buffalo... I'm just sayin.

Am I the only one that's noticed the fact that, when at all possible (I'm talkin 95% of the time or greater), on any highlight for any player; they show them making a play against the Bills?

Whether be a back breaking tackles, a guy intercepting a ball, laying a hit, scoring a td, you name it, they stick a Bill being burned highlight in there.

I'm not saying this is part of the national conspiracy against Buffalo... I'm just sayin.

762342[/snapback]

If you suck for so many years, you're going to be on a lot of other teams' highlight reels.

If you suck for so many years, you're going to be on a lot of other teams' highlight reels.

762345[/snapback]

True. so true. But I see it on players past and present; on players we don't even play against often. If there's a player highlight reel being shown, you can almost guarantee, you'll see a Bills helmet in there being bowled over.

I'll never understand what happened to Costas.

I used to really dig him because he was a down-to-earth sportscaster whose love of sports carried him.

Now? He's a...how would you say...caricature of himself.

762322[/snapback]

Part of his early charm is that he came off as a guy like the rest of us. Someone who likes sports and give us the straight scoop.

After years of celebrity status his ego has taken over a bit. He tries to funny and he tries to be hip. IMO he lost the innocence that worked for him in the early days.

I liked his interview a while back w/ Vince McMahon.  Vince tried to intimidate Costas, who wasn't scared in the least, even as Vince kept inching his seat closer to Costas as if he were about to hit him or something.  Great stuff.

762317[/snapback]

I saw that interview. Good stuff. Vince even tried to smack the papers out of Bob's hand, dude never flinched.

Bob Costas = pompous arrogant a$$.

PTR

762449[/snapback]

bingo. Did you ever see his late night show years ago? Costas during the interview would cite every bit of knowledge he knew about his guest and never allow the guest a chance to speak. It was nauseating

Bob Costas = pompous arrogant a$$.

PTR

762449[/snapback]

Yep.

Between his Olympic gigs and his unabashed love of baseball the guy is useless.

How many times has he complained about the DH and this newfangled thing called the Wildcard?

Memo to Bob:

It is 2006, not 1959. If baseball didn’t have the wildcard no one would care about the sport.

Yep. 

Between his Olympic gigs and his unabashed love of baseball the guy is useless.

How many times has he complained about the DH and this newfangled thing called the Wildcard?

Memo to Bob: 

It is 2006, not 1959.  If baseball didn’t have the wildcard no one would care about the sport.

762542[/snapback]

I forgot about his Olympic coverage. God I almost threw my TV out the window when Costas would go on and on during the opening and closing ceremonies. I can see it's a group of guys dressed up as greek athletes, Bob. It's TV. It comes with pictures. You don't have to describe everything you see.

PTR

I forgot about his Olympic coverage.  God I almost threw my TV out the window when Costas would go on and on during the opening and closing ceremonies.  I can see it's a group of guys dressed up as greek athletes, Bob.  It's TV.  It comes with pictures.  You don't have to describe everything you see.

PTR

762594[/snapback]

How could you possibly forget the last 3 Olympics with the endless "feel good" stories about some lumberjack from North Dakota who beat all the odds to finish 17th?

That is much better than watching live Olympic action!

Agreed. Bill O'Reilly? Arriana Huffington? Thomas Friedman? They all suck, too. When was the last time they said anything great about the Bills? Conan O'Brien? Okay, so he's hysterical, but he hates the Bills. Not one good thing to say about them in, like, forever. Okay, so maybe those four aren't sportscasters, but if they were, they'd suck big time. And don't even get me started on all the stations ESPN has that I don't have to watch if I don't want to. All that stuff I don't watch sucks. And they never show the Bills.

762319[/snapback]

Even when the Bills were good they got no respect. I remember one show with Jay Leno in Sept. at the beginning of the season. Here's the punch line

" The only thing we don't know about this year is who is going to kick the crap out of the Bills in the Super Bowl this year !"

Thunderous applause and laughter erupts !