Gas Prices

erynthered

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Bush admin already has the power to control the price of oil, then why are they going to war for oil?

769164[/snapback]

How do you think they got the power to control the oil prices...They invaded Iraq. Duh. <_<

but you gotta wonder how the media would be reporting this if Republicans campaign workers were the one's buying gas

769319[/snapback]

The evil Republicans are just lining the pockets of their evil Big Oil buddies. On top of that, they are stealing the money of hard-working people who contributed to their campaigns in order to pimp themselves out for votes because they are scared that the Democratic wave is upon us and is sweeping the nation. A new CNN poll says that 150% of Americans hate the Republicans and will be voting for the Democrats in the upcoming election.

The evil Republicans are just lining the pockets of their evil Big Oil buddies. On top of that, they are stealing the money of hard-working people who contributed to their campaigns in order to pimp themselves out for votes because they are scared that the Democratic wave is upon us and is sweeping the nation. A new CNN poll says that 150% of Americans hate the Republicans and will be voting for the Democrats in the upcoming election.

769356[/snapback]

don't forget the CNN story highlights:

BushBad!

Republicans pass bill replacing Ethanol in gasoline with babies blood

Scientist discovers alternative fuel - sent to Abu Gharab

I blame Jimmy Carter.

Before he was elected, I was paying 30 cents a gallon!

769171[/snapback]

How much were you making a year?

Now if you say 40k or above back then... I admit, you have a point!

This was the mid 1970's... I am pretty sure yearly wages started to go up too.

During the first Gulf war and the late 1980's what was gas? .79 a gallon?

:lol::P:D

Just busting your chops Rock... Not like you were sounding like a geezer or something...

:doh::lol::P

I'm still paying $3.00 a gal. But that's because CT has some of the highest gas taxes in the nation. But that's ok because after all, you can't expect a state government to operate on a measely 4.5% of all the income from the wealthiest state in the union!

Go Liberals!!

Lessee, I was 17 and was paying 30 cents a gallon for gas - but that was when Nixon was still Prez. I was working part-time as a dishwasher (I was a junior in high school). The minimum wage was $1.65 :D

By the mid-70's minimum wage was $2.10, but I do not remember the price of gas - just under 50 cents a gallon is probably close.

A min wage hour's labor ($1.65 pretax) in 1970 bought 5.5 gallons of gas.

A min wage hour's labor now ($6.75 pretax) with gas at $2.73 today would buy about 2.5 gallons of gas.

The gas crunch actually started and grew through the Nixon > Ford > Carter years.

p.s. Bust my chops anytime. ;)

How much were you making a year?

Now if you say 40k or above back then... I admit, you have a point!

This was the mid 1970's... I am pretty sure yearly wages started to go up too.

During the first Gulf war and the late 1980's  what was gas?  .79 a gallon?

:flirt:  :blush:  :P

Just busting your chops Rock... Not like you were sounding like a geezer or something...

:P  :P  :P

772255[/snapback]

Lessee, I was 17 and was paying 30 cents a gallon for gas - but that was when Nixon was still Prez. I was working part-time as a dishwasher (I was a junior in high school). The minimum wage was $1.65  :D

By the mid-70's minimum wage was $2.10,  but I do not remember the price of gas - just under 50 cents a gallon is probably close.

A min wage hour's labor now ($6.75 pretax) with gas at $2.73 today would buy about 2.5 gallons of gas.

The gas crunch actually started and grew through the Nixon > Ford > Carter years.

p.s. Bust my chops anytime.  :blush:

772983[/snapback]

Since you asked... :flirt:

The US gas mileage average in 1960 was something like 11 miles per gallon. Tetraethyl lead was spewed all over from vehicle exhaust.

In the '90's, under Bill's administration, there were numerous mergers throughout the oil industry - price competition took a hit.

Lessee, I was 17 and was paying 30 cents a gallon for gas - but that was when Nixon was still Prez. I was working part-time as a dishwasher (I was a junior in high school). The minimum wage was $1.65  :doh:

By the mid-70's minimum wage was $2.10,  but I do not remember the price of gas - just under 50 cents a gallon is probably close.

p.s. Bust my chops anytime.  ;)

772983[/snapback]

Which one of those presidents controlled OPEC?