Gas Prices

erynthered

2.17 now.  Damn those evil republicans. 

If they were nice they would give me the gas prices from Gainsville, about 15 miles west of me.  They are down to 1.95.  Damn them.

779042[/snapback]

Don't worry. When the Democrats win in November, you will see prices skyrocket. Debbie said so. Thanks Dems!!!

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry. When the Democrats win in November, you will see prices skyrocket. Debbie said so. Thanks Dems!!!

779046[/snapback]

Or if you listen to that Mr Magoo looking guy on CNN (sorry, forget his name) gas prices will skyrocket if the Republicans keep control of Congress because the drop in gas prices is just a plot by Big Oil to keep their cronies in office

The most trusted name in news :pirate:

Or if you listen to that Mr Magoo looking guy on CNN (sorry, forget his name) gas prices will skyrocket if the Republicans keep control of Congress because the drop in gas prices is just a plot by Big Oil to keep their cronies in office

The most trusted name in news :pirate:

779092[/snapback]

No..no...You don't understand. The Democratic wave is upon us. There is no possible way that the Republicans keep control. The same people saying that the Dems are going to regain power are the ones telling me that gas prices will skyrocket after the election. Therefore, the Dems are already telling us that they will raise gas prices when they gain control.

779046[/snapback]

And maybe so... Heck we were paying almost 4 bucks a gallon...

I have always said my personal budgetary threshold is about 6-7 bucks a gallon...

Why is everybody whining and crying about gas going up and down

There is a lot of "fat" in America's personal budget's that can fall by the wayside before we all start pissing an moaning about what is now a necessity!

<_<

And maybe so... Heck we were paying almost 4 bucks a gallon...

I have always said my personal budgetary threshold is about 6-7 bucks a gallon...

Why is everybody whining and crying about gas going up and down

There is a lot of "fat" in America's personal budget's that can fall by the wayside before we all start pissing an moaning about what is now a necessity!

<_<

779979[/snapback]

It would be a good thing for gas to hit $10 a gallon. Poor people take the bus anyway so they won't care. Rich people don't give a shirt. So it's the folks in the middle who will get squeezed, as usual, and maybe becuase there are so many of them their screaming will be heard.

Or not...I think eventually they'll catch on.

It would be a good thing for gas to hit $10 a gallon.  Poor people take the bus anyway so they won't care. Rich people don't give a shirt.  So it's the folks in the middle who will get squeezed, as usual, and maybe becuase there are so many of them their screaming will be heard.

780053[/snapback]

Maybe...

I am just saying that I can cut out a lot of useless crap before squaking about gas.

Just think of all the stuff we don't need before gas that gets us to work...

The problem is that everybody wants everything NOW.

They want the big house, cell phones, dish and new cars... Don't they understand that things are a give and take. Jesus a Christ... Are there actually people out there that put the crap before their kid's education, civic responsibility or tax liability???

Maybe I just go against the grain... It just seems that when people start moaning about this or that... I always seem to have extra cash in my pocket...

What I am I doing right I say?

Saving CONSISTENTLY and living conservatively during the boomtimes???...

Or maybe I just approaching 40... :angry::angry:

It would be a good thing for gas to hit $10 a gallon.  Poor people take the bus anyway so they won't care. Rich people don't give a shirt.  So it's the folks in the middle who will get squeezed, as usual, and maybe becuase there are so many of them their screaming will be heard.

780053[/snapback]

In other words: it'll be a good thing because it'll further eliminate the American middle class. :angry:

Poor people take the bus anyway so they won't care.

780053[/snapback]

Last I knew, busses run on gas (I know there are a few running on alternative fuels, but not enough to make an impact). Gas prices go up...bus fares go up. Yeah Dems...F the poor!!!

Last I knew, busses run on gas (I know there are a few running on alternative fuels, but not enough to make an impact). Gas prices go up...bus fares go up. Yeah Dems...F the poor!!!

780327[/snapback]

No, taxes that subsidize mass transit would go up. Bus fares will stay the same.

780327[/snapback]

Natural gas in DC. And I believe they're looking into making them wind-powered, given the large, cheap supply of blowhards and hot air here.

Down to 2.06 locally.  But supposedly along the eastern shore of Virginia (Nelsonia) it is 1.49.  Not sure where the hell that is, but keep going down locally please.  Daddy wants it under $1.00

781231[/snapback]

Imagine if we opened up some drilling in Colorado and Alaska and then built a refinery or two from time to time.

Imagine if we opened up some drilling in Colorado and Alaska and then built a refinery or two from time to time.

781619[/snapback]

The gawddam hippies would protest and accuse GW Bush of raping Mother Earth

The Arabs we buy oil from now would riot and kill people

So in reality, wouldn't make much difference

The gawddam hippies would protest and accuse GW Bush of raping Mother Earth

The Arabs we buy oil from now would riot and kill people

So in reality, wouldn't make much difference

782329[/snapback]

And the places the refineries would be built would be closest to where they would be needed, Northeast or southwest. No way liberal new englanders or liberal californias want them in their backyard. Yet they are the first to B word about gas prices.

780327[/snapback]

Actually most buses run on diesel fuel... And I don't see why munis can't get them to run the off road kind (no taxes) or lower grade heating fuel stuff... :lol::lol:

Not like diesels have to meet the strict air quality standards that gas engines do (at least in some states)... :doh::lol: