Eat this Peter King

Of course I'm not sure how much I trust a group that expects the dolphins to make it to the superbowl.   :devil:

755981[/snapback]

Um, IIRC, this would also require beating the Steelers and Colts on the road in a playoff game in January. :) Is it me or do the Dolphins get this same treatment every year and then, when they suck, everyone talks about the "inexplicable collapse".

Remember these words for later:

"And offensive coordinator Mike Mularkey, who did exotic things in Pittsburgh with his combination wideout-quarterback, Antwaan Randle El, has found another one in Marcus Vick, the free-agent quarterback who was bounced out of Virginia Tech for on- and off-the-field misbehavior. Vick has had a remarkable camp as a receiver. He looks as if he'd played the position all his life. Just another plus for a team that could have a ton of them." -- Paul Zimmerman, SI

This was the first draft of this article:

"Come on down to Miami and see our wacky, wacky fun offense. The key: our crrraaazy ringleader - Mike Mularkey. And don't forget our new attraction - Super Marcus! He not only entertains - he will buy everyone booze and crack after the game! It's all part of the crrraaazy time down in Dolphelon Land: where the fun never stops 'till you see the Judge!"

I can't wait until Whitner picks off the first(of many) ridiculous half-back option passes they call - passing accuracy being a strength withing the Vick family and all. How about when Fletcher reads the flea flicker and intercepts the ball on the way back to Culpepper. Doesn't this guy remember that MM was our coach last year? The way he wrote this it's like MM went from Pitts to MIA, no stops. Are our guys gonna forget our old offense in one year?

Is it me or do the Dolphins get this same treatment every year and then, when they suck, everyone talks about the "inexplicable collapse".

Every year, they are pretty much picked to be the winners of the AFC East, and every year they fall flat on their faces in december. It's probably part of ESPN's plot to severely piss us off every year seeing as they usually pick the Dolphins or Patriots to win it. Then on opening day, usually, the Patriots remind everyone their dominance over the east (Hopefully not this year).

People always say the Dolphins look great because they make moves in the offseason and have a guy very similar to Donahoe doing their public relations and hyping the team. The guy makes everyone think that the Dolphins are the next great team, but every december we are reminded that the Dolphins just don't have what it takes to cut it in the later part of the season or the post season.

they picked the same team I pick to win, the panthers, however 11-5 going into the playoffs, more like 14-2. on paper their defense might be one of the best of all times.

the dolphins, maybe no one has told them that Culpeppers' coming off a injury, their defense didn't improve in the off season. and their special teams are not so special. Also, I can't see them winning in Pitt in Jan.

and the bengal, 8-8?

I would be very happy with 8-8

Picking Miami every year is simply wishful thinking on the national sports media's part. If you're a sports reporter and you know you'll be traveling to cover the 'hot team' in Nov and Dec, where do you want to go: Buffalo or Miami?

756008[/snapback]

Interesting, perhaps that's why the Cowboys, Chargers, and Cardinals are always either "poised to break out/going to surprise" or "going to be dominant in their division/conference" every year as well.

they picked the same team I pick to win, the panthers, however 11-5 going into the playoffs, more like 14-2.  on paper their defense might be one of the best of all times. 

the dolphins, maybe no one has told them that Culpeppers' coming off a injury, their defense didn't improve in the off season.  and their special teams are not so special. Also,  I can't see them winning in Pitt in Jan. 

and the bengal, 8-8? 

I would be very happy with 8-8

755991[/snapback]

not mention that their OL is worse than the Bills.

they have Fat Bennie starting at RG.

Can't wait till MM sits Ronnie Brown on 3rd down in favor of Sammie Morris

not mention that their OL is worse than the Bills.

they have Fat Bennie starting at RG.

Can't wait till MM sits Ronnie Brown on 3rd down in favor of Sammie Morris

756017[/snapback]

We can onl;y hope my friend that it happens week 2.

Ronnie Brown's a pretty good back, but I think Miami's defense is beatable.

I think Miami is going to have a good year (and a great year from a fantasy perspective). Culpepper/Chambers/McMichael/Brown is probably one of the best, if not the best, nucleus of offensive talent in the NFL. I think the Fins' defense is slipping, so you might see them get into some shoot-outs. But they're going to win some games this year.

(I still think, however, that the Bills will split the season series with them).

Thinks we actually have talent.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/...port/index.html

Of course I'm not sure how much I trust a group that expects the dolphins to make it to the superbowl.  :devil:

*Apparently

755981[/snapback]

Well they certainly put themselves on an island picking the Dolphins in the superbowl. Doubt there will another single national publication that predicts that. It doesn't hurt because it's too laughable.

We can onl;y hope my friend that it happens week 2.

Ronnie Brown's a pretty good back, but I think Miami's defense is beatable.

756026[/snapback]

They key will be to neutralize Jason Taylor. If we can find a way to do that, or even slow him down to where he's not nearly as effective, we have a shot. Their secondary isn't that great, and their LBs, save Channing Crowder, aren't much better.

Well they certainly put themselves on an island picking the Dolphins in the superbowl.  Doubt there will another single national publication that predicts that.  It doesn't hurt because it's too laughable.

756030[/snapback]

The AFC would appear to be wide open this season.

NE lost some pretty important players and coaches as of late. Big Ben is a question mark, and they lost people too. If Palmer is healthy, Cincy would look to be the favorite, but that is a big if. Denver is solid yet unspectacular. The Chiefs are going down the toilet imo, and it looks like a reach for Rivers to step in and take SD to the superbowl. Jax? Not quite enough talent imo.

While I do not pick Miami to get to the superbowl, I don't think that doing so is taking a huge risk.

NE lost some pretty important players and coaches as of late. Big Ben is a question mark, and they lost people too. If Palmer is healthy, Cincy would look to be the favorite, but that is a big if. Denver is solid yet unspectacular. The Chiefs are going down the toilet imo, and it looks like a reach for Rivers to step in and take SD to the superbowl. Jax? Not quite enough talent imo.

While I do not pick Miami to get to the superbowl, I don't think that doing so is taking a huge risk.

756042[/snapback]

From what I've seen of both guys this preseason, Roethlisberger and Palmer look okay. Time will tell, of course, but they're looking alright so far.

756042[/snapback]

You didn't mention the Colts ... though their running game without Edge hasn't been very spectacular so far in the preseason, Manning is still Manning. But I really think Cinci is going to be right back at the top this year as well.

From what I've seen of both guys this preseason, Roethlisberger and Palmer look okay.  Time will tell, of course, but they're looking alright so far.

756046[/snapback]

But Joe Theisman said he detected some odd glitch in how Big Ben looked last week and he felt as though he would have a bad year. Theisman said it so it must be true.

I think Miami is going to have a good year (and a great year from a fantasy perspective). Culpepper/Chambers/McMichael/Brown is probably one of the best, if not the best, nucleus of offensive talent in the NFL. I think the Fins' defense is slipping, so you might see them get into some shoot-outs.  But they're going to win some games this year.

(I still think, however, that the Bills will split the season series with them).

756029[/snapback]

LOL :D

756042[/snapback]

When is the last time a team with an OL that bad made the Super Bowl? Miami is solid at the skill positions on offense but that isn't usually enough to get the job done. Hell, if it was all about the skill positions Arizona would be booking their flight to the SB right now.

As for Miami's D, it's still a decent D but getting old and I wouldn't trust it to be the unit that carried the team come playoff time. I wouldn't be surprised if Miami limped into the playoffs with a WC only to get demolished in game one.

Thinks we actually have talent.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/...port/index.html

Of course I'm not sure how much I trust a group that expects the dolphins to make it to the superbowl.   :D

*Apparently

755981[/snapback]

It's a requirement that as soon as the Dolphins win at least 8 games in the season all the sportswriters at SI have to declare them the superbowl favorites. They were the AFC East and superbowl favorites every year during the 90s despite the Bills 4 year run and I think 8-2 record during that run over the Dolphins (including the 2 playoff drubbings we gave them).

And yes it'll be great to watch coach Mularkey work his magic like line up a WR behind center to throw a 1 yard swing pass - this should have the defense so confused they'll all fall over. At least we'll know if it's 1st and goal at the 1 we can take all of our DL off the field and replace with the DBs.

I think Miami is going to have a good year (and a great year from a fantasy perspective). Culpepper/Chambers/McMichael/Brown is probably one of the best, if not the best, nucleus of offensive talent in the NFL. I think the Fins' defense is slipping, so you might see them get into some shoot-outs.  But they're going to win some games this year.

756029[/snapback]

You could be right. A lot will hinge on Culpepper's abililty to make a comeback from a terrible 2005 season with the Vikings. He will have to answer questions about why that was, but no one argues about his arm or his athleticism. He has a cannon and he can move like a running back while carrying TE size. That is a formidable combination. Chambers, McMichael and Brown are all more than solid at their respective positions.

They key will be to neutralize Jason Taylor.  If we can find a way to do that, or even slow him down to where he's not nearly as effective, we have a shot.  Their secondary isn't that great, and their LBs, save Channing Crowder, aren't much better.

756037[/snapback]

A punch in the nut sack should slow him down !

I wouldn't be surprised if Miami limped into the playoffs with a WC only to get demolished in game one.

756297[/snapback]

That is about where I see them. They would need to split with NE and go perhaps 3-1 or even 4-0 in their remaining divisional games to even achieve this.