I Just Heard Schein and Wilcox talk about

and I gotta tell you, they were absolutely spot on!!!

Remember I am paraphrasing, but here goes.....

They said that it was GREAT that JP EARNED his job this year, and that he wasn't so good in camp/pre-season in 05.

They didn't like the way he was handed the job last season, and neither did the team.

They said that TD and MM put their "personal stamp" on JP, and I believe this 100%. Getting nothing for Drew and signing Holcomb was stupid. (that last sentence was ME talking) :doh:

They liked the way he looks this year, and they implied that it will be cool with the players as well.

What they also said is that this is only the beginning, and that he has to go out and WIN regular season games, and that he has to prove himself all over again to the players and the fans when the games count.

Sorry for the LAMP, but I have felt like this from day 1. JP stunk last year, but he had no business being in there early in the season. As far as I'm concerned, he deserves a clean slate. He DOES have the talent. Nobody ever disputed this. Now, it is time to see what he can do.

Unlike some, I don't think he should be given a whole season if he truly sucks. This aside, I consider this season his first fair chance. He was thrust into a place where he didn't belong last year because 2 idiots lost a game to their old team, but this is over and done.

C'mon kid......Give us Bills Fans something to cheer! We are the best fans of any team in any sport, and we deserve as much!!! Oh, and good luck!!!!

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think most of what Schein and Wilcots said is what many of us have echoed throughout the process; namely, that JP needed to win the job and earn the confidence of his teammates, and he wasn't given a fair chance last year.

All that remains is to see what he does when the games actually count.

Impossible to answer. It would depend on how many mistakes JP is making, and how the rest of the team is playing.

755573[/snapback]

Great point. For example, in Jim Kelly's first season w/ Buffalo the Bills went 4-12, but there was no question he was "the man." If the Bills are losing games but Losman isn't making "dumb" mistakes, there's no reason to pull him.

Great point.  For example, in Jim Kelly's first season w/ Buffalo the Bills went 4-12, but there was no question he was "the man."  If the Bills are losing games but Losman isn't making "dumb" mistakes, there's no reason to pull him.

755575[/snapback]

Dumb mistakes like Kelly's multiple INT games early on when he threw late over the middle? Glad we dumped him early :doh:

Sorry, just saying :unsure:

It is NOT unusual for a young QB to mature throughout an ENTIRE season. Dick Jauron can NOT feed him to the wolves early by benching him. The possibility exists that J.P.'s best games in '06 will likely be the last eight!! It is simply a process and that has to be played out. I say give him a season to REALLY see if he's the guy. This regime has time.... use it wisely to help him succeed in this league, to learn how to win games, and get a sense of poise and confidence!

It's too bad Wilcots has to endure Schein. The guy has sounded so ignorant w/ his "Whitner was a reach" rants that still continue. Hey Adam, the pick was made 4 months ago; find something else to whine about.

On the plus side, @ least Wilcots is on and not Jerry Rice. Ugh! I'm telling you, there's something about these 49ers when it come to broadcasting. They suck. Rice, Brent Jones, Cross, and the worst of them all, Ronnie Lott.

They said that it was GREAT that JP EARNED his job this year, and that he wasn't so good in camp/pre-season in 05.

They didn't like the way he was handed the job last season, and neither did the team.

They said that TD and MM put their "personal stamp" on JP, and I believe this 100%. Getting nothing for Drew and signing Holcomb was stupid. (that last sentence was ME talking)  :doh:

They liked the way he looks this year, and they implied that it will be cool with the players as well.

What they also said is that this is only the beginning, and that he has to go out and WIN regular season games, and that he has to prove himself all over again to the players and the fans when the games count.

Sorry for the LAMP, but I have felt like this from day 1. JP stunk last year, but he had no business being in there early in the season. As far as I'm concerned, he deserves a clean slate. He DOES have the talent. Nobody ever disputed this. Now, it is time to see what he can do.

Unlike some, I don't think he should be given a whole season if he truly sucks. This aside, I consider this season his first fair chance. He was thrust into a place where he didn't belong last year because 2 idiots lost a game to their old team, but this is over and done.

C'mon kid......Give us Bills Fans something to cheer! We are the best fans of any team in any sport, and we deserve as much!!! Oh, and good luck!!!!

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

755555[/snapback]

OK....who the $*&& are you and what have you done with Bill?

They said that TD and MM put their "personal stamp" on JP, and I believe this 100%. Getting nothing for Drew and signing Holcomb was stupid. (that last sentence was ME talking)  :)

755555[/snapback]

Great post brother!

Is it really you?

:devil:

It's too bad Wilcots has to endure Schein.  The guy has sounded so ignorant w/ his "Whitner was a reach" rants that still continue.  Hey Adam, the pick was made 4 months ago; find something else to whine about.

On the plus side, @ least Wilcots is on and not Jerry Rice.  Ugh!  I'm telling you, there's something about these 49ers when it come to broadcasting.  They suck.  Rice, Brent Jones, Cross, and the worst of them all, Ronnie Lott.

755592[/snapback]

Bill Walsh sucked too.

Why wait?  There's a 50-50 chance that his first pass attempt will suck.  Those are better odds than you'll get in Vegas.  So pull him now.

755611[/snapback]

Actually worse than that. Isn't it Levy that used to say that there are 3 possible outcomes to every throw, two of which are bad?