Aaron Gibson

Griff28

Yes.  3 times.  And Gibson is still working with the third unit.

752877[/snapback]

I believe you're missing the point. Gibson is and always has been a "tackle". The team is taking a look at him at guard to determine his versatility. Switching from tackle to guard is more than just getting up from the other side of the bed.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You aren't getting it. He's always been a bad tackle. He wasn't moved to guard because he's a competent tackle and doesn't need any more work there. Example Greg Jerman - a journeyman at best - played exclusively tackle last year, in order to increase his versatility, he played guard with the second unit for most of camp. The key point, however, is that now he is again getting reps at tackle and played there exclusively against Cleveland. He has shown versatility.

So what you are saying is that they are so comfortable with Gibson at tackle that he needs zero reps at tackle in an effort to become versatile? Very hard to believe.

I would also like to add Steve Tasker to this list that consists of Rich Gannon, Kurt Warner, and Ted Washington. Takser was cut by the Houston Oilers and Marv brought in an undersized Caucasian Male that went on to be a stellar special teams player and have a spot created on Pro Bowl teams, FOR HIM.

Shall i go on? if so, wait, i need to walk my dog, and we can continue this shalacking when i return.

I tried to make this playful at first but then you have to insult my opinion and say that i have no basis for my arguments. If you want to be a big dog, don't sh-- and piss with the puppies.

752922[/snapback]

I wouldn't add Tasker to that list. The only reason Tasker was waived was the Oilers wanted to activate him from IR. The Oilers were NOT happy that the Bills "stole" him from them.

You aren't getting it.  He's always been a bad tackle.

753130[/snapback]

Maybe I don't know as much about Gibson's career as you, but I thought it had failed due to injury history and not necessarily due to lack of talent as a tackle.

You could be right, though. Not breaking into second-string is suspicious, despite my comments in post #9.

At this point, the only reason why I still think Gibson could make the team is because of our total lack of depth on the OL. If you cut Gibson, the most experienced players left become Preston and Jerman :devil: . Unless we're going with a complete youth movement and don't really give a sh-- about this season, which is entirely possible....

I still have not seen anyone tie together why his playing a total of 20 minutes in 3 games with the third unit equates to him making this team.

753119[/snapback]

Maybe Gibson has only played 20 minutes in 3 games because there are so many unanswered questions on the first unit on the offensive line and they want to get a look at the younger guys that will more than likely take the place of Chris Villarrial.

Or are you for Villarrial too?

You're probably right - another well thought out comment on your part. Gibson has been such a star in the league that more than likely they don't want to burn him out in the pre-season like they have the rest of the starters.

You then go on to ask the hard hitting question of - Or are you for Villarrial too? I can't really answer that question because I have no idea what you are asking. Have you ever really watched a game from beginning to end? Keep up the good work.

You're probably right - another well thought out comment on your part.  Gibson has been such a star in the league that more than likely they don't want to burn him out in the pre-season like they have the rest of the starters.

You then go on to ask the hard hitting question of - Or are you for Villarrial too?  I can't really answer that question because I have no idea what you are asking.  Have you ever really watched a game from beginning to end?  Keep up the good work.

753524[/snapback]

Buddy, you were doing well up until this post. Gibson getting so little playing time and him not breaking into the second string are both valid concerns. But Boond had a convincing-sounding explanation for the lack of playing time at least. You know Villarrial won't last forever, so you want to use the preseason to see if his replacement is already on the roster.

You're probably right - another well thought out comment on your part.  Gibson has been such a star in the league that more than likely they don't want to burn him out in the pre-season like they have the rest of the starters.

You then go on to ask the hard hitting question of - Or are you for Villarrial too?  I can't really answer that question because I have no idea what you are asking.  Have you ever really watched a game from beginning to end?  Keep up the good work.

753524[/snapback]

Can you please try to convince me even more how ignorant and mornic you could truly be?

I started with my first post as a joke, then you have to challenge me and my methods of judgement. Not a good idea.

As for me watching football; I've been watching this sport since i was in dipers, and i have been judging talent in this sport since probably around 5th grade.

My comment was well thought out, where as this one i am replying to sounds like the reaction of a bitter man who either is short in height, or short in other areas. It was a harsh and stupid reaction and i think the best thing you can do is relax, go back to your corner, let the air out of your tires, and face reality.

The following two paragraphs are an excerpt from a robotic arm that frequents the site...

"Is there a relationship between taking offensive linemen early and winning? Not according to my analysis. I looked at how many offensive linemen each team took in the first two rounds of the draft, from 2001 - 2005. I then compared that number with each team's winning percentage in the 2005 season. There was no meaningful relationship between the two (R^2= -0.015).

This surprised me, because I'm firmly convinced a team needs a good offensive line if it's going to win games. Thoughts?"

Where could these successful linemen on these successful teams come from? Could they be free agents from other organizations that are given a second chance? Probably some atleast?

Aaron Gibson may make this team, but certainly does not go in this first line of cuts.

The Buffalo Bills made the required nine cuts they needed to a day before the league deadline of 4pm Tuesday. The coaching staff released cornerback James Bethea, defensive end Josh Cooper, wide receiver Chris Denney, offensive lineman Aaron Gibson, quarterback Kliff Kingsbury, safety Rob Lee, wide receiver Martin Nance and kicker Nick Setta. Offensive lineman Dylan McFarland was waived-injured.

Lolol

Gibson might not be playing much because the coaches have more or less come to a conclusion about what he offers, and are just trying to play the younger unknown guys to see what the younglings have got.

752864[/snapback]

...or maybe he just sucked and wass going to get cut. (hindsight is extrememly clear)

It really doesn't make a lot of sense that they signed this guy already knowing they were looking for athletic players on the line. I suppose one could argue that Jauron knew him and said he liked him and wanted to give him a shot. IF the injuries were a thing of the past AND he came in in great shape AND he for once started living up to his potential AND he showed that he could play both tackle positions and perhaps guard because we were looking for versatile linemen, then and only then would he have a legitimate shot at the roster.

In other words, a huge long shot, but we simply had crappy back-ups here in the first place. It wasn't a totally stupid idea to bring him in. It just didn't work. Just like the 30-40 other long shots that every team brings to camp.

As for me watching football; I've been watching this sport since i was in dipers, and i have been judging talent in this sport since probably around 5th grade.

753693[/snapback]

It appears that your 5th grade year was the peak of your talent judging capabilities.

Stop with the unrealistic negativity. He will make this team, i thought i told you on the other thread as well. HAHA

752853[/snapback]

Bon appetit!

Would you like a little steak sauce with that crow? Maybe you can take Aaron Gibson out for an all-you-can eat buffet. I hear they are serving famous last words.

BTW, what have you been doing for the last three years since you left fifth grade? HAHA

Back to the boondocks never to be heard from again!

Well...looks like I was wrong about Gibson....:devil:

Wonder if they might be looking at other waiver wire players.

754003[/snapback]

Many comments from Juron have indicated that he is not thrilled with the depth along the OL.

Many comments from Juron have indicated that he is not thrilled with the depth along the OL.

754005[/snapback]

What this also shows is that Jauron was willing to give the guy a chance but won't play favorites with his old comrades. Anthony Thomas, keep renting for now.