Report: Bills and Whitner Over 1 Million Apart!

It's all about the guaranteed money. Pick before DW gets $15M guaranteed on a 5 year deal, pick after him gets $12M quaranteed on a 5 year deal. Bills are offering $12.9M guaranteed on a 5 year deal. Let's meet in the middle and offer $13.5M and get this over with.

It's all about the guaranteed money. Pick before DW gets $15M guaranteed on a 5 year deal, pick after him gets $12M quaranteed on a 5 year deal. Bills are offering $12.9M guaranteed on a 5 year deal.  Let's meet in the middle and offer $13.5M and get this over with.

733924[/snapback]

As far as I am concerned if this is true the Bills ARE lowballing him.....

They said they are offereing even money between the 2 slots above and behind....well that is 13.5 million....OFFER HIM 13.5 MILLION....

They said they are offereing even money between the 2 slots above and behind....well that is 13.5 million....OFFER HIM 13.5 MILLION....

733934[/snapback]

Yeah we're only talking about under 10% difference either way. It's not like DW is at $20 mil and the Bills are at $5 mil. The Bills already agreed to pay 12.9 guaranteed. What real difference does another 1.1 million make - especially spread over 5 years? That's only an extra $225,000 a year when we are already paying $2.6 million. I don't get it.

733934[/snapback]

Wait a second, I thought Whitner's agent was at fault?

I guess it's pointless to argue this, but if they didn't want to frigging pay him they REALLY should have traded that damn pick.

734110[/snapback]

Wasn't he supposed to be a Marv kind of guy who wanted to be here and would give 120% on every play? He should have been here long ago for whatever the Bills were willing to pay.

733934[/snapback]

Yeah just like I said in the other thread: Not so "down the middle" as we were led to believe. It is in the middle somewhere, but skewed to the low side!

I don't understand the need to posture over what should be only about $600,000. Hardly worth keeping your #1A out of camp. Of course, it may have been necessary to take the lower position first to force them into the middle. If they started out asking for $14Million, Overdorf may have felt it necessary to take a below half position first, knowing that they's ultimately meet in the middle.

Wasn't he supposed to be a Marv kind of guy who wanted to be here and would give 120% on every play?  He should have been here long ago for whatever the Bills were willing to pay.

734143[/snapback]

The NFL cliche.....There is a business side of playing in the NFL <_<

i still cant believe they are going to be paying that much for a rookie safety...that to me is just a waste unless you are getting a game changer

734188[/snapback]

Your statement holds true for any position, not just safety.

Should read...

i still cant believe they are going to be paying that much for a rookie ...that to me is just a waste unless you are getting a game changer