Spikes not happy with Witner selection

IIRC, there was one of those unsubstantiated radio interviews a few weeks after the draft that no one seemed to have heard where Spikes allegedly almost began to kinda sorta nearly imply that some days he may think perhaps he may have not been particularly fond of every pick in the entire draft.

In fact, it often mirrors TBD's message boards.

728501[/snapback]

Do you ever wonder just how much info is "borrowed" from TSW, even by major news sources?

Seriously, I have met in (person) posters on TBD who:

1) Have attended every home game for more than a decade.

2) Are college fanatics who actually watch film for the draft.

3) Have at their fingertips, every Bills stat one could imagine.

4) Have been following the team closely for 40 years.

5) Watch and understand virtually every offensive and defensive formation to the point that they can see trends.

6) Keep track of free agents to the degree that one person told me (at a tailgate) that Bledsoe would be a Bill, and he was signed the following season.

7) Are friends with former Bills.

If I was a sportswriter, I would want to know what these people thought about the Bills. Oh, and before anybody thinks this is a LAMP, allow me to make it crystal clear that I am in NO WAY placing myself in the category of these sensational posters.

I am just happy to be here. :unsure:

Spikes said the cutting of Milloy shocked the team...

728454[/snapback]

Good. They need some shock therapy.

Do you ever wonder just how much info is "borrowed" from TSW, even by major news sources?

I am just happy to be here.  <_<

728525[/snapback]

W/o a doubt, they pay attention to what the (football) topics are. Glean article ideas. Absorb some info/history. Etc.

I too am just happy to be here among people who know the team and the game. And when I can contribute (usu. in stuff about kicking and ST), I try.

Three words: "consider the source."

Kudos.

Folks... CONNOR BYRNE is simply a message board troll that makes up stuff, writes about his fantasies, and publishes them on a blogger site called realfootball365.

Their disclaimer reads as follows...

realfootball365, Inc. is not affiliated with the NFL or NFL Enterprises LLC.

The only Connor Byrne that achieved any fame is a "B" grade movie actor.

Is there a whole lot of difference between what Conor Byrne writes and what you and I might read in the National Enquirer?

Spikes on Witner

has anyone else heard any public statments from Spikes with regard to this?

I haven't....so I was a bit surprised to read this.

If this is true....

Hey Takeo.....take care of Takeo!

728441[/snapback]

If he has an opinion, he can keep it to himself. If he doesn't like it, he can take his achilles, and go somewhere else!

Milloy was Spikes' best friend on the team -- so he was disappointed he got cut.

But he's definitely not disappointed about the Whitner pick.

Spikes on Witner

has anyone else heard any public statments from Spikes with regard to this?

I haven't....so I was a bit surprised to read this.

If this is true....

Hey Takeo.....take care of Takeo!

728441[/snapback]

I hope it is Spikes just showing allegiance toward one of his friends (LM) on the defense.  The guy is right though: Whitner should not  be holding out, get his azz to camp, and prove these vets that he can run with the big boys.

728446[/snapback]

So much for "character". Let's hope he's got a smidgen of talent.