Bought a Jersey Lately?

I have to hang up my Moulds jersey for a while and had a tough time deciding who to get.  Hopefully Spikes comes back strong this year.  Who do you feel warrants your hard earned $ this year?  What are your criteria when buying a jersey?  Longevity...Attitude...Skill...

723744[/snapback]

Longevity...Attitude...Skill...

I'd say all three of these factor into the decision. If I were to buy an authentic, today, I'd get Lee Evans'.

One thing factors into my decision: my wife. She and my son were nice enough to buy me an authentic McGahee jersey for Father's Day. That's the good news. The bad news is the last two jersies she bought for me were Bledsoe and Moulds.

I'm gonna miss Willis.

One thing factors into my decision: my wife. She and my son were nice enough to buy me an authentic McGahee jersey for Father's Day. That's the good news. The bad news is the last two jersies she bought for me were Bledsoe and Moulds.

I'm gonna miss Willis.

723762[/snapback]

:( I hope you're wrong...I have a WM Replica Throwback hanging in my closet.

I'm not the best judge when it comes to authentics. I have a Bledsoe AND an RJ! :):)

Others (older): Bryce Paup :( and Cornelius Bennet :(

When buying authentic jerseys I tend to only get players who've been good for a long time or of older/retired players like TT, Bruce, Reed

Everytime I buy a replica either that player leaves or gets injured like price/bledsoe/moulds/spikes/milloy or has a sub par year like willis. So this year I promised not to buy any jerseys

The Bills Pro Shop now has a powder blue Losman jersey (for ladies). Maybe I'll get that. Of course, now I'll have to get a powder blue hat to go with it. Or maybe I'll get the white/pink McGahee jersey.

723851[/snapback]

Get the pink jersey. You know you want it! :)

I have to hang up my Moulds jersey for a while and had a tough time deciding who to get.  Hopefully Spikes comes back strong this year.  Who do you feel warrants your hard earned $ this year?  What are your criteria when buying a jersey?  Longevity...Attitude...Skill...

723744[/snapback]

You can't go wrong with Evans or MaGee.

still have the home spikes in the closet...hopin that stays viable for a couple more years...ya know the one i would really like is a moorman, seems like a pretty interesting guy...really like that he completed the skills challenge at the pro bowl and skipped the blocking dummies...haha, typical punter... :)

After having to get rid of to many jerseys for players that didn't hang around, or players that down right sucked, I deceided to go with a player jersey that would be good forever...

Jim Kelly

I love this shirt.

723744[/snapback]

I've taken a gameroom approach with the Bills sucking ass under the Tom Donahoe era. Instead of buying jerseys of our current players the last 5 years, I've been buying throwbacks. I even got the Mitchell and Ness Joe Cribbs jersey for 1/2 price. The all-time Bills greats are displayed on my gameroom wall.

Last year I took a big leap when the Bills started stocking the 90's replithentic players under their throwback category. Looks like this year will be much of the same again, unfortunately. Maybe Tasker and Kemp.

I would however, like to maybe get McGee. Truly an exciting player.

I even got the Mitchell and Ness Joe Cribbs jersey for 1/2 price.  The all-time Bills greats are displayed on my gameroom wall. 

Last year I took a big leap when the Bills started stocking the 90's replithentic players under their throwback category.  Looks like this year will be much of the same again, unfortunately.  Maybe Tasker and Kemp.

Where'd ya get the Joe Cribbs jersey ? He was a favorite of mine, and my heart was broken when he signed with the USFL. I really enjoyed those BILLS teams from '80, '81, '82 with Cribbs, Fergie playing so well, and Butler & Lewis at WR along with our white helmets & blue pants on the road. Good era.

Joe Cribbs photo

Those replica shirts you speak of, are you sure it wasn't the throwback from '65 ? You can tell if the numbers are on top of the shoulders rather than on the sleeves, plus the '90's was Royal Blue, a much brighter shade of blue than the '65 throwback version which was 'Colbalt Blue'.

:)

I haven't bought an NFL jersey in years. I have a various amount of College jerseys, but not NFL. I don't really know if there's an NFL jersey I would even want right now. Now if we draft Brady Quinn next year, it'll be a different story. I got his ND jersey already along with Darius Walker's. I'd get a #10 Quinn jersey.

Where'd ya get the Joe Cribbs jersey ? He was a favorite of mine, and my heart was broken when he signed with the USFL. I really enjoyed those BILLS teams from '80, '81, '82 with Cribbs, Fergie playing so well, and Butler & Lewis at WR along with our white helmets & blue pants on the road. Good era.

Joe Cribbs photo

Those replica shirts you speak of, are you sure it wasn't the throwback from '65 ? You can tell if the numbers are on top of the shoulders rather than on the sleeves, plus the '90's was Royal Blue, a much brighter shade of blue than the '65 throwback version which was 'Colbalt Blue'.

:)

724637[/snapback]

JOE CRIBBS JERSEY - About a year or so ago, the only Buffalo Bills throwback jersey from the Mitchell and Ness company they were making was the Joe Cribbs jersey. It's awesome. I think the price of it at that time was like $260 or something crazy. I got it from a dealer going out of business in Baltimore, of all places, for $130. It's an unreal jersey. I love it. Price is listed at $275 now, but it has said that the jersey has been sold out for months, so I'm not sure they are even making it anymore. I see that they have Kelly, Reed, and Thomas now too. If you can find them cheaper, they are awesome.

Joe Cribbs Mitchell and Ness Link

The REPLITHENTICS, are the jerseys from BuffaloBills.com under the throwback section. They are between the authentics and the replicas. They have the 90's style of Thurman, Reed, Kelly and Tasker. Sewn on letters and numbers......and a throwback tag on the front. Very nice jerseys for about $125 I think. Great looking apparel. I see that they now have Jack Kemp too, but I think those are the printed replicas. I've emailed the Bills numerous times to try to get them to make replithentics of Joe Ferguson, Joe Cribbs, and other players of that era, but so far, they have balked, saying that the players sometimes restrict them from doing that, which I think is just a BS answer.

Tasker Replithentic

At any rate, if the Bills suck ass again, I'll continue to stock up on some Bills greats when I get some extra money. It's a real treat when stuff like that comes in the mail. Christmas in July.....lol.

I see that they now have Jack Kemp too, but I think those are the printed replicas.

I'm sure that KEMP was good in leading us to back to back AFL Titles in mid 60s, but I'd never want his jersey.

He should have be let go of rather than trading Darryl Lamonica to the RAIDERS.

That to me remains the WORST TRADE in Buffalo BILLS history !!! :)

For that reason alone, I'd never want to purchase that jersey of his . .

You can't go wrong with Evans or MaGee.

724576[/snapback]

After reading a lot of TKO's quotes and watching some interviews, I had to go with an authentic away jersey. He really impressed me with his drive and sincerity when talking about his love for the game. I hope he comes back 100% this season. He made an interesting comment on NFL total access about not being 100% for a while before the injury. He could actually be better than before the injury. Lee Evans would be my second choice.

I'd go with Lee Evans or London Fletcher, two guys that I think represent the Bills well, every week. I am sure Evans will be around for a few more years, London maybe not after this year...I am going to hold off on buying a Bills jersey this year...I was going to buy a Sabres throwback, but was waiting to see the "new look" for next season. I can't get behind that! I will be scouring the internet for an old-school Mike Foligno jersey I guess.

I have a few Bills jerseys, but have never owned a hockey jersey. I might pull the trigger, if I could find one of those Cribbs jerseys (80-82 Bills are my all-time faves), or a Bruce Smith.

So....you're the one that was bidding on that. I was watching that one.  :D

:doh:

725825[/snapback]

are you serious???? wow that is crazy if it's true.. but thank you for not bidding cause my maximum bid was for 100 and it stayed at 57! there will be another one on there soon though...he sells one every 10 days or so (78 dollar avg sale price)

Yeh so that whitner jersey arrived... it is all sewn tackle twill but the sleeves are not fitted like the real ones... :unsure: Oh well it was 65 bucks and still is pretty nice.. but the real deal is certainly better.. does anybody know about that type of jersey? It has all the reebok patches and the NFL emblem and everything.. but is not quite authentic...has theese like almost rubbery thin bands at the end of each sleeve?

I even got the Mitchell and Ness Joe Cribbs jersey for 1/2 price.  The all-time Bills greats are displayed on my gameroom wall. 

724611[/snapback]

You planted the seed....I have been itching to buy a Bills jeresy for a year or so, but I am just not all that sold on this team...plus I really don't love the "new" jerseys....I found a Cribbs throwback (the Mitchell & Ness) you mention on EBAY, and just won it...only $60 + 6.00 for shipping....I think it went for $180 at one time...the one I won, was worn once. The scans were nice, the guy selling it guarantees it, says it looks brand new...money back if not satisfied...I don't have it yet, but I think I am very satisfied! :unsure:

BTW- first person at the sportsbar who asks me "When did Cribbs play for the Giants" gets a knuckle sandwhich!

Anyone have an opinion on the best place to order a custom jersey. I would love to get a Whitner authentic throwback. Let me know if you guys have ordered something like this. Thanks

BT

727874[/snapback]

Ditto. I asked earlier in this thread. Does anyone know if Laux Sporting Goods or Cmap Sports does replicas and for how much? Any other places around town? Also how much for a replica at the Bills Shop?

Yeh so that whitner jersey arrived... it is all sewn tackle twill but the sleeves are not fitted like the real ones... :unsure:  Oh well it was 65 bucks and still is pretty nice.. but the real deal is certainly better.. does anybody know about that type of jersey? It has all the reebok patches and the NFL emblem and everything.. but is not quite authentic...has theese like almost rubbery thin bands at the end of each sleeve?

728374[/snapback]

That's called 'replithentic'. No, really - that's what it's called.

Anyone have an opinion on the best place to order a custom jersey. I would love to get a Whitner authentic throwback. Let me know if you guys have ordered something like this. Thanks

BT

727874[/snapback]

NFL Shop

Not authentic, but it's the throwback.