Worst Bills of the last 15 years

An opposite approach to the other thread about the best bills, lets have some fun with this one and go with "Worst Bills of the last 15 years".

My Take:

QB: Rob Johnson, Todd Collins, Billy Joe Holbert

RB: Antwain Smith, Shawn Bryson

WR: Bobby Shaw, Josh Reed, Antonio Brown, Quinn Early

FB: Cardwell Gardner

TE:

T: Mike Williams, John Fina

G: Bennie Anderson, Jamie Nails, Mike Pucillo, Corbin Lacina

C: Teague?

DE: Erik Flowers

DT:

OLB: Keith Newman, Eddie Robinson

MLB:

CB: Chris Watson, Ken Irvin

FS: Izell Reese

SS: Coy Wire

K: Norwood

P: Mohr (only because Moorman is the only other option)

ST: Watson, Charlie Rogers

HC: Greg Williams

OC: Kevin Gilbride

DC:

ST: Bruce DeHaven

Need some help!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An opposite approach to the other thread about the best bills, lets have some fun with this one and go with "Worst Bills of the last 15 years". 

My Take:

TE:

G: Bennie Anderson, Jamie Nails, Mike Pucillo,  Corbin Lacina

DT:

MLB:

DC:

Need some help!

723670[/snapback]

QB: Rob Johnson, Billy Joe Hobert

RB: Antwain Smith, Shawn Bryson Smith sucked...Bryson did what was asked

WR: Bobby Shaw, Josh Reed, Antonio Brown, Quinn Early Shaw shouldn't make the list, neither should Early, Antonio Brown is a pansy thought

FB: Cardwell Gardner Meh

TE:

T: Mike Williams, John Fina Fina wasn't awful

G: Bennie Anderson, Jamie Nails, Mike Pucillo, Corbin Lacina Looks good to meC: Teague?Def played out of position

DE: Erik Flowers AwfulOLB: Keith Newman, Eddie Robinson Robinson was awful but Newman wasn't bad, I'd go with Corey MooreMLB:

CB: Chris Watson, Ken Irvin Good picks

FS: Izell Reese Good pick

SS: Coy Wire Good pick

K: Norwood Except for wide right, Norwood was a pretty decent kicker, i'd go with Shayne Graham

ST: Watson, Charlie Rogers Good call

DC:

QB: Rob Johnson, Billy Joe Hobert

RB: Antwain Smith, Shawn Bryson  Smith sucked...Bryson did what was asked

WR: Bobby Shaw, Josh Reed, Antonio Brown, Quinn Early  Shaw shouldn't make the list, neither should Early, Antonio Brown is a pansy thought

FB: Cardwell Gardner    Meh

TE:

T: Mike Williams, John Fina  Fina wasn't awful

G: Bennie Anderson, Jamie Nails, Mike Pucillo,  Corbin Lacina  Looks good to meC: Teague?Def played out of position

DE: Erik Flowers  AwfulOLB: Keith Newman, Eddie Robinson  Robinson was awful but Newman wasn't bad, I'd go with Corey MooreMLB: 

CB: Chris Watson, Ken Irvin  Good picks

FS: Izell Reese Good pick

SS: Coy Wire  Good pick

K: Norwood  Except for wide right, Norwood was a pretty decent kicker, i'd go with Shayne Graham

ST: Watson, Charlie Rogers  Good call

DC:

723688[/snapback]

Greggo was not dumb enough to have players add weight in an experiment to play differently; that is the Bills all-time stupid season spanning decision by a HC, for my money. Puts Mularkey in another category of stupid.

My Take:

TE:

DT:

MLB:

DC:

Need some help!

723670[/snapback]

My comments, I assume you are talking about players that started for awhile:

RB - A. Smith had some good years, especially at NE. Bryson and Linton were weak as starters.

WR - Quinn Early was decent, but we got him at the twilight of his career.

FB - I liked Garner - he was a mean sob!

OT - John Fina was a good football player. I never understood the hostility towards him? He slipped his last few years at LT but if we had more talent at OT we could have moved him to OG like they did for Joe Devlin and he would have been fine.

OT's to add - Jerry Crafts, Chris Farris -- both were putrid.

OG - Lacina had a good career with the Vikings. He was better than the crap we replaced him with. Add M. Sullivan to your list of losers.

LB - Keith Newman was decent. Eddie Robinson was over the hill as a Bill. He had a strong career in Houston. Brandon Spoon was a weak player at linebacker.

CB - Kenny Irvin was decent, he did not suck at all.

ST Bruce DeHaven was an excellent ST coach! I think this is your biggets error. Wade Phillips ruined the special teams and Wade used Bruce as a scapegoat. DeHaven is still in the league and his group is always at the top.

HC - Mularkey was worse than Williams. He had less talent and his teams did not quit on him (and I don't care for Williams by any means).

Naming Scott Norwood as a "worst" flushes the cred of this entire list. Norwood was a tremendous kicker, and won many pressure games for the Bills. Yes he missed "wide right." But that one kick doesn't make him a "worst."

PTR

It's much harder to remember the one year crapola guys than to remember the 5 year good ones.

I'm assuming the question is

"...worst Bills at each possition of the last 15 years(from players who were starter.)

John Fina??? A ten year starter from our SB era??? :)

He was better than....Ostroski, Hicks, Jennings, Gandy & as you mentioned, Williams...plus anyone else I've forgotten.

What is it with the lack of Fina lurve?

Jim,

Quinn Early....WTF? Keith Newman? No Lonnie Johnson?

Promo,

No, it wasn't just one kick. He drilled a few gamewinners in the 80's but overall was mediocre at best and missed an assload of PAT's.

Also, I would like to add a 'Fans' category to all the ridiculous crap about MM being worse than GW. "Oh this guy was here more recently therefore he sucked more" rofl. Apparantly I'm the only damn guy on the planet who remembers 2003.

My Take:

TE:

DT:

MLB:

DC:

Need some help!

723670[/snapback]

Quinn Early? He played with the Bills for 3 years, over that three year span, only Andre Reed had more receiving yards, and only Reed and Antowain Smith had more touchdowns. Early wasn't great...but worst of the last 15 years?

And Scott Norwood? Yeah, he didn't have a lot of leg strength...but have we all completely forgotten about the cover-your-eyes awful 2001 Jake Arians performance?

And Fina? He only started for ten years...and look at the stiffs that have replaced him so far.

And how the hell do you put together a "worst of..." list that manages to ignore both Lonnie Friggin' Johnson and Gabe Friggin' Northern. :rolleyes:

I promise you, though...when it comes time to put together a "Worst "Worst of" Lists of the past 15 years", yours is at the top of mine. :P:)

Worst Starting Lineup

QB Billy Joe What's the Playbook?

RB Jonathan Linton?

FB ??????

WR Josh Reed

WR Peerless Price (2006 version) :rolleyes:

TE Lonnie Friggin Johnson.....that KO in Green Bay was a classic

LT Mike Gandy

LG Bennie Chubs Anderson

C Ice Teague

RG Nails

RT Spriggs

K Jake Freakin Arians

DE Erik Flowers

NT Jeff Wright :)

DE Ryan Dennehy Denney's Grand Slam

OLB Eddie Chad Pennington sure is fast Robinson

ILB Mark Maddox (not his fault)

ILB ??????

OLB Keith Goganious? :P

CB JD Williams

FS Reese?

SS Wire

CB Chris Watson

Greggo was not dumb enough to have players add weight in an experiment to play differently; that is the Bills all-time stupid season spanning decision by a HC, for my money.  Puts Mularkey in another category of stupid.

723691[/snapback]

Shayne Graham? What about Jake Ariens? What's he doing now? Pumping gas?

Shayne Graham was actually decent in replacing Jake, and he's also gone on to being one of the leagues better kickers since joining the Bengals. TD sure knew everything about kickers.

Hmm...completly overlooked Lonnie Johnson.

As for Norwood...He is one of the most hated bills because of that superbowl. His name causes shivers to go down my spine. While he may have been pretty good overall, one play defines his career. Same with Bruce DeHaven.

As for WR, Reed, Shaw and Early were tough...but I couldnt think of anyone else...

Fina...perhaps you are right, he might not deserve to be on this list, but for some reason I seem to remember him getting burned over and over again by Jason Taylor...not that that makes him one of the worst, but it sticks in my head for some reason.

Mark Kelso....one of the most overrated players in Bills history.

723790[/snapback]

I have to agree. I don't know if it was part of the scheme or what but the guy always lined up 40 yards behind the line of scrimmage - it was like having 10 men on the field. I guess he managed to rack up some int's in the 80's though.