Top 10 theme parks in the US per yahoo.com..

LabattBlue

Way to be credible yahoo...Top 10 "theme" parks include an old boardwalk amusment park in Mrytle Beach, but no mention of any of the Disneyworld parks. :lol::)

http://promo.yahoo.com/summertravel/

TOP THEME PARKS

1. Universal Studios Florida

2. San Diego Zoo

3. SeaWorld Orlando

4. SeaWorld San Antonio

5. Dollywood

6. Disneyland

7. Circus Circus Adventuredome

8. Pavilion Amusement Park

9. Six Flags Fiesta Texas

10. SeaWorld San Diego

Way to be credible yahoo...Top 10 "theme" parks include an old boardwalk amusment park in Mrytle Beach, but no mention of any of the Disneyworld parks.  :lol:  :)

TOP THEME PARKS

2. San Diego Zoo

3. SeaWorld Orlando

4. SeaWorld San Antonio

5. Dollywood

6. Disneyland

10. SeaWorld San Diego

714854[/snapback]

What no Darien lake?

Way to be credible yahoo...Top 10 "theme" parks include an old boardwalk amusment park in Mrytle Beach, but no mention of any of the Disneyworld parks.  :lol:  :)

TOP THEME PARKS

2. San Diego Zoo

3. SeaWorld Orlando

4. SeaWorld San Antonio

5. Dollywood

6. Disneyland

10. SeaWorld San Diego

714854[/snapback]

Without a doubt Universal is the shiznit, not surprised it made the list.

I was a bit surprised Dollywood was so high, I like Disney World better than it. SeaWorld Orlando has improved a TON over recent years which is why its so high up on the list.

No Cedar Point.  More roller coasters (18) than any other park.  Surprising.

Mike

714940[/snapback]

My thoughts exactly. And with 3 sea worlds in the top 10, someones a bit biased.

No Cedar Point.  More roller coasters (18) than any other park.  Surprising.

Mike

714940[/snapback]

Does having coasters make it a theme park?

I mean come on!! Fantasy Island still has shoot outs with characters. :lol:

If I read it correctly, they pick the top park in each "tourist region," then rank in top ten. Universal > any one of the Disney parks in Orlando (maybe even all...haven't been to Universal), so it gets the nod...

If I read it correctly, they pick the top park in each "tourist region," then rank in top ten. Universal > any one of the Disney parks in Orlando (maybe even all...haven't been to Universal), so it gets the nod...

715045[/snapback]

Then why are both Universal Studios and SeaWorld Orlando there?

Then why are both Universal Studios and SeaWorld Orlando there?

715048[/snapback]

:)

Okay, that's bizarre...I looked at the list of "things to do in Orlando area," and apparently Disney World is #1 in "Lake Buena Vista".... :lol: and it looks like it's behind Sea World and Universal in the area because it has about half as many reviews...The ranking is apparently whatever theme park gets more people to review it positively on Yahoo's site...

:)

Okay, that's bizarre...I looked at the list of "things to do in Orlando area," and apparently Disney World is #1 in "Lake Buena Vista".... :lol: and it looks like it's behind Sea World and Universal in the area because it has about half as many reviews...The ranking is apparently  whatever theme park gets more people to review it positively on Yahoo's site...

715085[/snapback]

That makes sense. How many people are going to write a review of Disney?

"Honey, I don't think we'll go to Disney. Frank862 gave it a bad review on Yahoo."

That makes sense. How many people are going to write a review of Disney?

"Honey, I don't think we'll go to Disney. Frank862 gave it a bad review on Yahoo."

715090[/snapback]

"But they have all of the Top 10 sites in Lake Buena Vista."

"Well, our flight takes us to Orlando, not Lake Buena Vista....duh! I mean, who wants to go to Lake Buena Vista? There's only 15 people living there. Must be out in the boonies..."

"But they have all of the Top 10 sites in Lake Buena Vista."

"Well, our flight takes us to Orlando, not Lake Buena Vista....duh!  I mean, who wants to go to Lake Buena Vista?  There's only 15 people living there.  Must be out in the boonies..."

715102[/snapback]

The first time I went to Florida, they were building Disney World and Kissimee was a ghetto. ;)

I'm surprised Busch Gardens Williamsburg isn't on that list. Love that place. Great roller coasters, crowd control, an entertaining theme, and a big freakin' Festhaus to get snookered in. And if you get tired of the park, you just ride the monorail over to the brewery.

and a big freakin' Festhaus to get snookered in.

715190[/snapback]

I can assure all of you that riding Da Vinci's Cradle after a session at the Festhaus is NOT a good idea.