I must admit it, I hate Kelly Holcomb

At least Flutie won games, helped the team get into the playoffs and was exciting to watch. In the end it turned out he was right all along-he should have started ever game that both he and Rob Johnson were healthy for (and that didn't leave many games for Rob anyway).

Meanwhile, Holcomb does absolutely nothing for the good of the team by starting. He might have a good game once in a while like the Cincy game, which was taken over by Terrance McGee, not Holcomb, but most of the time he'll just disappoint. All Holcomb does is take time away from the team finding out if one of the younger QBs has what's needed to be a solid NFL starting QB.

While I doubt Holcomb will be the starting QB in the Fairchild offense, I can't wait for the day he is out of Buffalo.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least Flutie won games, helped the team get into the playoffs and was exciting to watch.  In the end it turned out he was right all along-he should have started ever game that both he and Rob Johnson were healthy for (and that didn't leave many games for Rob anyway). 

Meanwhile, Holcomb does absolutely nothing for the good of the team by starting.  He might have a good game once in a while like the Cincy game, which was taken over by Terrance McGee, not Holcomb, but most of the time he'll just disappoint.  All Holcomb does is take time away from the team finding out if one of the younger QBs has what's needed to be a solid NFL starting QB. 

While I doubt Holcomb will be the starting QB in the Fairchild offense, I can't wait for the day he is out of Buffalo.

711954[/snapback]

:w00t:

At least Flutie won games, helped the team get into the playoffs and was exciting to watch.  In the end it turned out he was right all along-he should have started ever game that both he and Rob Johnson were healthy for (and that didn't leave many games for Rob anyway). 

Meanwhile, Holcomb does absolutely nothing for the good of the team by starting.  He might have a good game once in a while like the Cincy game, which was taken over by Terrance McGee, not Holcomb, but most of the time he'll just disappoint.  All Holcomb does is take time away from the team finding out if one of the younger QBs has what's needed to be a solid NFL starting QB. 

711954[/snapback]

The worst thing about KH is that he has no upside. Absolutely none. He was not brought into to Buffalo to contend for a starting job. His role was to backup an injured Losman. If Kelly becomes the annointed starter, it's an admission that the Bills have nothing, no prospects, nothing at the QB position.

I don't want to see Holcomb the starter, but i won't say I hate him cause he hasn't done anything that would make me want to hate him. He is a Very Good Backup QB, but not a guy i want to see starting (mainly cause it means Buffalo has no one else cause he doesn't have much of an upside due to his age)

A post like this is going to make Holcombsarm cry, no wonder he hasn't posted a reply here yet, you have probably destroyed him.

No Flutie I can say i hated in buffalo, mostly because he was cocky and I believe he was alot of hype.

711954[/snapback]

Hate Holcomb more than Flutie? What, are you drunk? The Losman/Holcomb "controversy" is just slightly less venomous than the infamous "crunchy vs smooth peanut butter" debate. Why the hell would anyone hate either of these guys?

I must admit, the only Bills QB I've ever hated was Drew Bledsoe, and he deserved it. Can't work up anything even close to hate for RJ, Flutie. or Holcomb... KH is trying his best, that's all I can ask of him.

How can anyone hate Holcomb? Seriously? First, a look at KH's stats:

Year Team G GS Att Comp Pct Yards YPA Lg TD Int Tkld 20+ 40+ Rate

2005 Buffalo Bills 10 8 230 155 67.4 1509 6.56 65 10 8 17/140 14 3 85.6

Now JP's:

2005 Buffalo Bills 9 8 228 113 49.6 1340 5.88 58 8 8 26/197 15 6 64.9

So in the same exact amount of starts, KH had a 20+ edge in QB rating and 17+ edge in completion percentage. Additionally, KH was sacked 9 less times. My point isn't to rip JP. Obviously, the long term success of this franchise will be much better if JP becomes the guy. But while KH is not an all pro, he is still a pretty decent QB in his own right. He makes the safe plays and as a result, the Bills were in every game he started. In fact, there's no question in my mind if KH was the starter in 2004 instead of Bledsoe, the Bills would have been comfortably in the playoffs. We had the 30th or so ranked defense last year. So give the man some credit.

How can anyone hate Holcomb?  Seriously?  First, a look at KH's stats:

Year Team G GS Att Comp Pct Yards YPA Lg TD Int Tkld 20+ 40+ Rate

2005 Buffalo Bills 10 8 230 155 67.4 1509 6.56 65 10 8 17/140 14 3 85.6

Now JP's:

2005 Buffalo Bills 9 8 228 113 49.6 1340 5.88 58 8 8 26/197 15 6 64.9

So in the same exact amount of starts, KH had a 20+ edge in QB rating and 17+ edge in completion percentage.  Additionally, KH was sacked 9 less times.  My point isn't to rip JP.  Obviously, the long term success of this franchise will be much better if JP becomes the guy.  But while KH is not an all pro, he is still a pretty decent QB in his own right.  He makes the safe plays and as a result, the Bills were in every game he started.  In fact, there's no question in my mind if KH was the starter in 2004 instead of Bledsoe, the Bills would have been comfortably in the playoffs.  We had the 30th or so ranked defense last year.  So give the man some credit.

712035[/snapback]

There's a lot to be said for a post like this. Holcomb's QB rating in 2005 was 85.6. Playing behind a much better line, with a better running game, Bledsoe achieved a rating of only 76.6 back in 2004. The Bills had enough close losses back in 2004 that a Holcomb-like upgrade at QB could easily have gotten them the extra win or two they needed to make the playoffs.

If this team can rebuild quickly, a quarterback such as Holcomb could help do something. But if the team's a few years away anyway--as may well be the case--the Bills would be better advised to see what they have or don't have with Nall.

I don't want to see Holcomb the starter, but i won't say I hate him cause he hasn't done anything that would make me want to hate him. He is a Very Good Backup QB, but not a guy i want to see starting (mainly cause it means Buffalo has no one else cause he doesn't have much of an upside due to his age)

A post like this is going to make Holcombsarm cry, no wonder he hasn't posted a reply here yet, you have probably destroyed him.

712024[/snapback]

I'll make this a short post, because my tears are causing problems with my keyboard. This is the very first time I've heard Holcomb is too old to have much of an upside. You'd think the point would have been made somewhere in the tens of thousands of posts I've read on these boards, but no. The newness of the idea is what makes it so emotionally disturbing. :P

I'll make this a short post, because my tears are causing problems with my keyboard.  This is the very first time I've heard Holcomb is too old to have much of an upside.  You'd think the point would have been made somewhere in the tens of thousands of posts I've read on these boards, but no.  The newness of the idea is what makes it so emotionally disturbing.  :P

712044[/snapback]

A thread saying "I hate Kelly Holcomb" & Holcombs_Arm being the last post.....I had to read that. :lol:

Not that I think KH is going to have much upside(he's too old) but....

Rich Gannon(years after the assumtion he was 'O.K'. to 'good' in ability went on to get league MVP at the age of 37(?).

Keep the dream HA! KH could be next. :)

well i do not hate kelly and i am a jp supporter. i thought when we signed kelly to be jp's backup that it was a very good signing for the bills.i imagine when kelly saw how "raw" jp still was and having a head coach who had no balls kelly just took his chance to start.i bet if jp outplays him in training camp kelly will have no problem being his backup being that when he signed here he had no problem with that role........go jp and go bills in"06

Now, now people. Nobody on the Bills deserves to be hated. Kelly Holcomb is just doing his job, which is believing he's good enough to start. I'm not saying he is, just that a pro athelete has to believe he can do it. Otherwise they'd be selling insurance.

PTR

The Bills had enough close losses back in 2004 that a Holcomb-like upgrade at QB could easily have gotten them the extra win or two they needed to make the playoffs.

712042[/snapback]

Do you really want to back into the playoffs? Do you really want to take a team that was just good enough to get in with a quarterback and OL that was just good enough to get them in, only to have their ever-loving asses whipped on national TV...again...by the likes of Peyton Manning or the Steelers?

Please. I know everyone is desperate to get back to the playoffs, but for the love of God, let's go in screaming forward, not hobbling in backwards because Kelly Freakin' Holcomb was able to complete enough passes for us to make it to the playoffs simply because we beat a team in Week 16 that was sitting its first two strings in anticipation of their first-round bye.

Nut up, man.

Do you really want to back into the playoffs? Do you really want to take a team that was just good enough to get in with a quarterback and OL that was just good enough to get them in, only to have their ever-loving asses whipped on national TV...again...by the likes of Peyton Manning or the Steelers?

Please. I know everyone is desperate to get back to the playoffs, but for the love of God, let's go in screaming forward, not hobbling in backwards because Kelly Freakin' Holcomb was able to complete enough passes for us to make it to the playoffs simply because we beat a team in Week 16 that was sitting its first two strings in anticipation of their first-round bye.

Nut up, man.

712085[/snapback]

Look at you. You're asking someone who consciously worships Kelly Holcomb if they want to back in to the playoffs. What happened to you, man? You used to be smarter than this... :P

If this team can rebuild quickly, a quarterback such as Holcomb could help do something.  But if the team's a few years away anyway--as may well be the case--the Bills would be better advised to see what they have or don't have with Nall.

712042[/snapback]

Hate to break it to you, but this is the season we will be seeing what JP has, not what Nall has. I know you like to deny JP's very existence, but you'll have a tough time doing so when hes starting come week 1.