Edmonton is Showing GUTS

3-2 lead with under 20 ticks in the first, despite some EMBARRASSING officiating.  That's 5 goals in less than 20 minutes, kickball fans.

708563[/snapback]

What's kickball? :D

I really hope the Oilers find a way to tie the series. If they do, it will be a knife through pour Brind'amour's heart.

Sure wish I was watching Crotchistan vs French Big Papi Noguinnie in kickball instead.  :D

708585[/snapback]

i hate to do it. i really do, but i'm going to give some major props to the caniac fans. that's one LOUD building tonight.

i hate to do it.  i really do, but i'm going to give some major props to the caniac fans.  that's one LOUD building tonight.

708586[/snapback]

Someone probably told them if they lost their voices they'd get a month worth of chitterlings and okra plus a free ticket to the nearest neckcar track to meet Cale Rusty Earnborough.

Someone probably told them if they lost their voices they'd get a month worth of chitterlings and okra plus a free ticket to the nearest neckcar track to meet Earnie Dale Rusty Earnborough.

708588[/snapback]

after going to 3 games in raleigh this season/postseason, i can now say for certainty that there is exactly one difference between leafs fans and caniacs. one knows something about hockey, one doesn't.

i can take crap from a loafs fan or a flyers fan because at least they know that a puck is a disc like rubber object. its hard to listen to canes fans talk about how hard their team played on the indoor ice surface that's so neat because its ice, its inside, and its so warm outside... i really am going to piss them off by becoming a fan of that black guy that races about once a year on the nascar circuit.

aaron ward of the canes has been out since the 1st period

doug weight was just pwned by 2 oilers... looks like a broken arm/shoulder. he's done for the night...

if the oilers can just score a friggin goal... 3-3 right now still

after going to 3 games in raleigh this season/postseason, i can now say for certainty that there is exactly one difference between leafs fans and caniacs.  one knows something about hockey, one doesn't.

i can take crap from a loafs fan or a flyers fan because at least they know that a puck is a disc like rubber object.  its hard to listen to canes fans talk about how hard their team played on the indoor ice surface that's so neat because its ice, its inside, and its so warm outside...  i really am going to piss them off by becoming a fan of that black guy that races about once a year on the nascar circuit.

708594[/snapback]

Tell me about it. I went to Georgia to watch the ECHL finals between Gwinnett and Alaska. It was embarrassing having to patiently explain stuff to people who couldn't grasp the smallest details and whined about every call and non-call. The insults some of them tossed our way were pretty priceless.

Don't get me wrong, there's always room for new hockey fans but there's little reason to be a fuggin' idiot about it. It sure was fun watching the boys hoist the Cup in THEIR house. :D

Tell me about it.  I went to Georgia to watch the ECHL finals between Gwinnett and Alaska.  It was embarrassing having to patiently explain stuff to people who couldn't grasp the smallest details and whined about every call and non-call.  The insults some of them tossed our way were pretty priceless.

Don't get me wrong, there's always room for new hockey fans but there's little reason to be a fuggin' idiot about it.  It sure was fun watching the boys hoist the Cup in THEIR house.  :D

708599[/snapback]

sounds like a fireantz game... you can almost see the division in the fans between the drunken hillbillies coming to see the fights and the northern transplants coming to see some good minor league hockey. mullets galore!

Tell me about it.  I went to Georgia to watch the ECHL finals between Gwinnett and Alaska.  It was embarrassing having to patiently explain stuff to people who couldn't grasp the smallest details and whined about every call and non-call.  The insults some of them tossed our way were pretty priceless.

Don't get me wrong, there's always room for new hockey fans but there's little reason to be a fuggin' idiot about it.  It sure was fun watching the boys hoist the Cup in THEIR house.  :D

708599[/snapback]

How is it that Alaska plays in the East Coast Hockey League? :D

:w00t:

(Yeah, I know...).

How is it that Alaska plays in the East Coast Hockey League? :D

:D

(Yeah, I know...).

708603[/snapback]

Except the ECHL isn't the East Coast Hockey League anymore. ECHL stands for NOTHING. The geniuses that run the league couldn't figure out a new moniker when they merged (absorbed) the West Coast Hockey League so they just left the name. One of the dumbest things I've ever seen or heard of.

I'd say I'm sorry to all the people who don't watch the greatest spectacle in sports (the Stanley Cup Playoffs, in case you were wondering), but I'd be lying. It's absolutely their loss and tossing the TV ratings around makes me really happy.

Once again, with their backs against the wall a hockey team steps up big time.

708599[/snapback]

I know I mentioned this before but I went to a game during the Duck's first season and lady behind me asked the person she was with why those players were skating around with poles in their hands. :D

I'd say I'm sorry to all the people who don't watch the greatest spectacle in sports (the Stanley Cup Playoffs, in case you were wondering), but I'd be lying.  It's absolutely their loss and tossing the TV ratings around makes me really happy.

708642[/snapback]

Ratings jumped from 1.7 (1.9 million viewers) to 2.4 (2.6 million viewers) between Saturday's and Monday's games...probably went up again tonight...

Ratings jumped from 1.7 (1.9 million viewers) to 2.4 (2.6 million viewers) between Saturday's and Monday's games...probably went up again tonight...

708650[/snapback]

Doesn't matter, really. Everyone knows the game is better live and the fan base is as rabid as any out there. There are few people who are actual sports fans and actually go to a professional hockey game (any level) but don't get hooked.

These playoffs have been as good as any ever, though they'd have been better had the best team been remotely healthy when it counted.

penalty on the oilers...  tripping, but the oiler's guy dropped the stick... marginally could have been called for a dive.

708633[/snapback]

Marginally, my butt. That was Recchi, the all time reigning supreme king of the dive. He was spinning before the stick even touched his leg.

Then Staal trying to dive in the corner when Peca touched him set the tone for Staal not breaking on Stillman's bad pass quick enough. If Staal fights for the puck the 1st time, Carolina might have been able to work the puck all the way back into the Eulers' end.

I realize the SOB's are in all likelihood going to win one of the next 2 games, but I just absolutely loved the way how the completely injury-free team finally had to face adversity and fell short.

I'd say I'm sorry to all the people who don't watch the greatest spectacle in sports (the Stanley Cup Playoffs, in case you were wondering), but I'd be lying.  It's absolutely their loss and tossing the TV ratings around makes me really happy.

708642[/snapback]

If the Oilers manage to claw back and win the cup, it will be one of the greatest moments in sports history.

Biggest bandwagon jumpers around.

708707[/snapback]

E. please tell you sold those tickets and were not in the buildingh last night. Like i said Oilers win, now its a meaningless game no matter what happens from here.

BTW, I was so sick of Davidson crying bout what the poor canes wre gunna do, lordy they actually had an injury last, this could really hurt, how can they play on?

Jeses, they had lost aaron Ward and ya would have thought they lost Bobby Orr!!!

BTW, i reaaly like he and Emrick

E. please tell you sold those tickets and were not in the buildingh last night. Like i said Oilers win, now its a meaningless game no matter what happens from here.

BTW, I was so sick of Davidson crying bout what the poor canes wre gunna do, lordy they actually had an injury last, this could really hurt, how can they play on?

Jeses, they had lost aaron Ward and ya would have thought they lost Bobby Orr!!!

BTW, i reaaly like he and Emrick

708713[/snapback]

I haven't been able to figure JD out all post season, unless he's pimping that team because he's going to try and sign some of them when he takes over the Blues in the next couple of weeks. He's been ridiculous.

I haven't been able to figure JD out all post season, unless he's pimping that team because he's going to try and sign some of them when he takes over the Blues in the next couple of weeks.  He's been ridiculous.

708861[/snapback]

I am delighted with his move to the Blues. I will get to see much less of him.

I watch a lot of Rangers games.

I know I mentioned this before but I went to a game during the Duck's first season and lady behind me asked the person she was with why those players were skating around with poles in their hands.   :D

708649[/snapback]

A friend of mine went to a preseason game during the Stars' first season in Dallas. While the Zamboni was resurfacing the ice during the first intermission, he heard one redneck behind him say to the other redneck:

"Hey....how come the ice don't crack?"

:D

Biggest bandwagon jumpers around.

708707[/snapback]

In all fairness, there were alot of Sabre bandwagon jumpers. Every game was suddenly a sell out, people I didn't know even watched hockey became diehard fans, and there were like a million Sabres threads on this board. It's the same everywhere when a team suddenly starts winning. Obviously we have a much better hockey tradition here but let's be fair. That said, Carolina should rot in hell. :D