Gazoo Sez: Bills Claim QB Kliff Klingbury

Rico

Haven't Seen This Anywhere Else

A Call To Arms: The Bills made a curious move in picking up Kliff Kingsbury on waivers from the Jets. They have Craig Nall, J.P. Losman and Kelly Holcomb in the only three-way competition in the league this summer. Kingsbery's chances of getting into the top three are doubtful, but the Bills needed a fourth arm for training camp.

Haven't Seen This Anywhere Else

A Call To Arms: The Bills made a curious move in picking up Kliff Kingsbury on waivers from the Jets. They have Craig Nall, J.P. Losman and Kelly Holcomb in the only three-way competition in the league this summer. Kingsbery's chances of getting into the top three are doubtful, but the Bills needed a fourth arm for training camp.

702741[/snapback]

I would assume because both Woodbury and Ochs were hurt in NFLE and probably can't play in the mini-camps. Can't think of any other reason.

Scout's Inc.

Kliff Kingsbury | QB Complete player profile

Full Name: Kliff Kingsbury

Born: August 9, 1979

San Antonio, TX

Height: 6-4

Weight: 210 lbs. Age: 26

Pos: QB

Experience: 1 years

College: Texas Tech

Drafted: Year:2003 Round:6 Pick:28, Patriots

Insider Analysis

Grade 55

Expert's Take Kliff is a backup quarterback that had limited playtime and exposure during the 2005 season. He spent the entire 2004 season on the Saints practice squad. He is a tall lean frame quarterback with above average arm strength as a passer. He is a smart and instinctive player that has the mental alertness to adapt to different NFL systems. He has above average mechanics with a quick overall release. He has good pocket awareness and can slide and buy time in the pocket. He is a pocket quarterback with limited foot mobility and scramble ability. He did an effective job of going through his progression and finding open receivers but still needs to find a way to improve his decision making. He is best suited in the short and intermediate areas of the passing game than the deep vertical areas of the field due to his lack of arm strength, which hinders his ability to make all throws in the passing game. Overall, Kilff has value as a backup 3rd quarterback because he is smart and understands systems. He lacks the arm strength to have any real value as a frontline starter but still has some developmental qualities.

I am not kidding, I love Kingsbury! He was a great college QB...I know, I know, Texas Tech ran a gimmick offense, and I know it is very much a longshot that he will be given any real consideration to crack the roster, but I have said before, Kingsbury has a terrific arm, is accurate, and very smart...I wished we could have sent him down to NFL Europe...I wonder if this signing is a vote of no confidence for one of the current three QB's. Given a chance, I can promise, Kliff Kingsbury will never be any worse in the pros than Shane Matthews...

The Bills site doesn't update on weekends & KFFL gets their information from the teams websites & local newspapers. This isn't a major move so there is no reason to get all up in arms over it.

Well, take it for what its worth, but my friend played a round of golf with DJ 2 weeks ago and I asked him if he talked football at all and the most he said was DJ said Nall would not be the starter. He told DJ he wanted Holcomb the starter, and DJ said well will see what happens. I have a feeling it ends up being JP the starter with Nall or Holcomb the backup this year and this guy maybe a practice squad player or camp fodder. Who knows, except that no one will actually know until the first game in NE in September

I am not kidding, I love Kingsbury! He was a great college QB...I know, I know, Texas Tech ran a gimmick offense, and I know it is very much a longshot that he will be given any real consideration to crack the roster, but I have said before, Kingsbury has a terrific arm, is accurate, and very smart...I wished we could have sent him down to NFL Europe...I wonder if this signing is a vote of no confidence for one of the current three QB's.  Given a chance, I can promise, Kliff Kingsbury will never be any worse in the pros than Shane Matthews...

Kingsbury played for the Centurions this past NFLE season. He was othing special, completing 56.9% of his passes for 2 TD's, 2 INT's, and a 73.7 QB rating.

The picked him up to learn about Eric Mangina's playbook.

PTR

702843[/snapback]

Shhhhhhhh! leave logic out of this! Kingsbury was obviously picked up because the coaching staff secretly thinks our 3 QB's suck!

Kingsbury played for the Centurions this past NFLE season.  He was othing special, completing 56.9% of his passes for 2 TD's, 2 INT's, and a 73.7 QB rating.

702858[/snapback]

I didn't realize he had played in NFLE....they don't show any of those games anymore.

How many attempts did he have?

Anyway, I think this kid will eventually end up on an NFL roster, as a back-up. He has some talent.

I didn't realize he had played in NFLE....they don't show any of those games anymore.

How many attempts did he have? 

Anyway, I think this kid will eventually end up on an NFL roster, as a back-up. He has some talent.

58 completions on 102 attempts. And his arm is below average. I doubt he's in the NFL ever again.