Sabres - Canes Game 2 Thread

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So much for the aggressive game plan. Looks like Carolina is beating us to the puck consistently and playing sharper. We just seem to be playing for the 1-1 tie going back to Buffalo....

No I mean I'm REALLY not seeing them.  I listening on line.  ;)

696049[/snapback]

Well, they are penalties that could be called or not. But they seem to be ignoring them when these occur against buffalo.

that being said, the sabres have looked like sh-- this period. carolina is taking it to them. Buffalo needs to collectively wake up.

Also, i dont see how after the whistle, recci takes a run at miller, and when gaustad shoves him away, they BOTH go.

sh--. 3-1 carolina :w00t:

Its official. The Sabres have crapped the bed.

I REALLY hope Lindy Ruff just digs into these guys for Game Three, a very sad performance thus far in Game Two. Sabres need to get read the riot act for this piss-poor effort, they are just being out-played in every aspect (except goaltending) by Carolina.

Its official.  The Sabres have crapped the bed.

I REALLY hope Lindy Ruff just digs into this guys for Game Three, a very sad performance thus far in Game Two.  Sabres need to get read the riot act for this piss-poor effort, they are just being out-played in every aspect (except goaltending) by Carolina.

696056[/snapback]

For the first time in this years' playoffs, I agree that the Sabres are playing terrible...Ottawa and Philadelphia never dominated the Sabres like this, for such a long period...still lots of time though! GO SABRES!

Is there some new rule in hockey that tripping penalties don't have to be called on any team playing the Sabres?  ;)

696044[/snapback]

Yea I kno, these Sabres are flying all over the place, but yet the refs are calling Poosay calls against the Sabres! WTF is that crapola?!?!

Yea I kno, these Sabres are flying all over the place, but yet the refs are calling Poosay calls against the Sabres! WTF is that crapola?!?!

696059[/snapback]

I am not so sure all of those Sabres flopping around on the ice were there as a result of being tripped....they seem to be having a tough time keeping up with Carolina...

so now its legal to grab briere in a headlock and throw him down? And now a bull sh-- call against dumont. We get the message NHL, you dont want to see us anywhere near the cup finals.

Carolina outplayed them in the 1st, but reffing is a joke. Call it even, Carolina is getting away with assault and they are calling it every time on the Sabres. I hate whinning, but give me a two minute shift on the ice so I can get kicked out. I will show them a real penalty. Cabrele wouldn't have a head when I got done, it would be on the end of my stick.

Recci is a kitty.

Thing is, nobody outside of Sabres fans will believe its bad officiating. People will just see the final score and SOG and see the Sabres got their asses handed to them.

I'm not one to blame the refs, I just think the Canes are MUCH better than the Sabres are tonight. If you want to focus your blame, blame the injuries finally adding up and slowing the Sabres down or focus on how difficult it is to win back to back road wins against a #2 seed. Carolina came out with passion, the Sabres came out with a flatline pulse. We'll see how things go in the third.

From someone without TV access: how much do the Swordsmen miss Teppo? Can't be a coincidence that their only losses vs. Philly came with him out of the lineup; sounds like more of the same tonight.

Conference finals aren't the best time to be busting out the AHL defensemen, not that Lindy has much choice...

question: why did OLN refuse to show an over the top replay of the no goal? I'm not saying it was in, but it was close and i would have liked to see an over the top view. Or is it like game 6 vs dallas where the over the top view "wasnt available"?