Sabres - Canes Game 2 Thread

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again though, people will just assume the Sabres and their fans are complaining because they lost.  Nothing will happen to change it, so we're all kinda screwed.

We've been complaining even when we WON, so it's not whining.

Reload, get Numminen, Connolly, Mair, and Kalinin back, win the home games, and it's all good!

We've been complaining even when we WON, so it's not whining.

Reload, get Numminen, Connolly, Mair, and Kalinin back, win the home games, and it's all good!

696108[/snapback]

Ayup, and I feel REALLY good the Sabres will use this game as a learning tool and come flying at the Canes in Game Three. We got the split, which is what you aim for when you start off on the road. Time to bring the hammer DOWN in Game Three, I think you'll see the Sabres punish Carolina there.

Ayup, and I feel REALLY good the Sabres will use this game as a learning tool and come flying at the Canes in Game Three.  We got the split, which is what you aim for when you start off on the road.  Time to bring the hammer DOWN in Game Three, I think you'll see the Sabres punish Carolina there.

696110[/snapback]

Let's hope so. I don't like the thought of this team having to come from behind.

How's that weak defense looking now?  Miller was left out there to dry.

696113[/snapback]

NO ONE but Miller was to blame for that fourth goal.

That was sorry.

Oh well, let's hope they pull their heads out of their asses on Wednesday.

Let's hope so. I don't like the thought of this team having to come from behind.

696111[/snapback]

Its weird...I dont like losing this game, but I dont feel bad about it at all. I know I should, but I dont. I want the Sabres to keep level-headed and not get overly confident, I think they bought a smidge too much in their own hype and paid the price.

BUT...going home with a 1-1 split against the #2 seed is nice, now its time to take Carolina out of their element and freak them out in Buffalo.

Plus, and not taking anything away from the Canes who knocked Buffalo on their butts...but the Sabres were missing Teppo, Timmy and Kalinin. Philly looked great when Teppo wasnt playing either. He'll be back on Wednesday, and Carolina will have their hands full.

Miller made many great saves tonight and is hardly the reason they lost. Yes that was a soft goal but he played a great game overall. No worrys- we will win when it comes back to Buffalo. Its gonna go 7 so sit back and enjoy some good hockey

From someone without TV access: how much do the Swordsmen miss Teppo? Can't be a coincidence that their only losses vs. Philly came with him out of the lineup; sounds like more of the same tonight.

Conference finals aren't the best time to be busting out the AHL defensemen, not that Lindy has much choice...

696072[/snapback]

Teppo...and a lot more. Frankly, the Sabres look like a good team with key injuries. It happens. You see it in every sport, the key to a championship is less frequently talent than health.

Its weird...I dont like losing this game, but I dont feel bad about it at all.  I know I should, but I dont.  I want the Sabres to keep level-headed and not get overly confident, I think they bought a smidge too much in their own hype and paid the price.

BUT...going home with a 1-1 split against the #2 seed is nice, now its time to take Carolina out of their element and freak them out in Buffalo.

696115[/snapback]

Again, let's hope so. Because if they find themselves down 2-1, I really think they'll find themselves down 3-1.

Watching the Sabres come back like that is a good feeling too...fell short, but hey...still a good sign that they didnt give up. Makes you realize that we'll see the BEST Sabres team in the playoffs when it comes home to Buffalo. They'll be pissed, they'll have the crowd's love and hopefully be healthier. Canes better be ready for the Sabres...and all of us "despicable fans" waiting to greet them. ;)

How's that WEAK goal looking now?

;)

Let's hear how I don't know what I'm talking about now.

Come on, let's hear it.

696112[/snapback]

You dont.

How are those 4 or 5 breakaway stops looking now? Maybe if the defense wouldnt have played 57 minutes in our end, we could have stopped them from outshooting us 71-8.

Blaming miller for this one is assinine.

You dont.

How are those 4 or 5 breakaway stops looking now? Maybe if the defense wouldnt have played 57 minutes in our end, we could have stopped them from outshooting us 71-8.

Blaming miller for this one is assinine.

696132[/snapback]

Oh, he's just ONE of many goats this game.

Rory Fitzpatrick? What the hell is he doing in the NHL?!?!

I am not going to panic. The Sabres have been way too consistent this entire season, to panic, after one loss, to a very good team. Frankly, I was mentally prepared for the Sabres to lose one of these games in Carolina. I give the Hurricanes credit, they have a lot more heart than what our previous oppenent showed. Whatever happens, I think this is going to be a terrific story...I am putting my notice in tomorrow, to make sure I have off the nights of games 6 and 7!

Sidenote: Hurricanes coach was kind of taking the high road, but implying bad officiating tonight...saying "no comment"...I hope Lindy takes the same approach...I hate when he whines...