Great movie scenes

Acantha

ya now they work together  :lol:  :D

No great scene, even in the beginning when little C is playing dice and they throw like 3 guys in the bathroom because they're "Mush".

I don't want that face looking at this face when he's throwing the dice, put em in the bathroom.

673416[/snapback]

"Put him in the Fugin bathroom!"

That movie had so many great lines.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THE HOLY GRAIL

Arthur approaches an isolated castle guarded by soldiers ( #1 & #2 ) .....

S #1: Where'd you get the coconuts?

A : We found them.

S #1: Found them? In Mercia? The coconut's tropical!

A : What do you mean?

S #1: Well, this is a temperate zone.

A : The swallow may fly south with the sun or the house martin or the plover may seek warmer climes in winter, yet these are not strangers to our land?

S #1: Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

A : Not at all. They could be carried.

S #1: What? A swallow carrying a coconut?

A: It could grip it by the husk!

S #1: It's not a question of where he grips it! It's a simple question of weight ratios! A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.

A: Well, it doesn't matter. Will you go and tell your master that Arthur from the Court of Camelot is here.

S #1: Listen. In order to maintain air-speed velocity, a swallow needs to beat its wings forty-three times every second, right?

A: Please!

S #1: Am I right?

A: I'm not interested!

S #2: It could be carried by an African swallow!

S #1: Oh, yeah, an African swallow maybe, but not a European swallow. That's my point.

S #2: Oh, yeah, I agree with that.

A: Will you ask your master if he wants to join my court at Camelot?!

S #1: But then of course a-- African swallows are non-migratory.

S #2: Oh, yeah...

S #1: So they couldn't bring a coconut back anyway...

Has anyone ever watched "The Gods Must Be Crazy"?

Finally throwing the coke bottle off the end of the world, and just turning around and walking away without any reflection at all was pretty cool. Made a great point.

Has anyone ever watched "The Gods Must Be Crazy"?

Finally throwing the coke bottle off the end of the world, and just turning around and walking away without any reflection at all was pretty cool. Made a great point.

673463[/snapback]

Of all the great scenes in that movie, you pick the one making a statement?!?

WTF?

THE HOLY GRAIL

673461[/snapback]

There are so many great scenes from that movie.

How about when they build the giant wooden bunny rabbit...

Arthur: What happens now?

Bedevere: Well, now, Launcelot, Galahad, and I wait until nightfall, and then leap out of the rabbit, taking the French by surprise. Not only by surprise, but totally unarmed!

Arthur: Who leaps out?

Bedevere: Uhhh, Launcelot, Galahad, and I, uh, leap out of the rabbit, uh, and uh...

Arthur: Ohh.

Bedever: Oh. Um, l...look, if we built this large wooden badger--

<Giant Wooden Bunny Rabbit is catapulted from castle>

I love the scene in Bronx Tale where the bikers go into their bar.  The bikers went all over town starting fights in bars.  Sonny agrees to let them stay.  So the bikers toast the owner by spraying the bartender with beer.  Sonny calmly goes to the the door, locks and says, "No yous can't leave."  And Italians come flying out and beat the bikers to the Beatles' Come Together.  Just a great scene and movie.

673131[/snapback]

First thing I thought of when I saw this thread.

Now yous can't leave.....DAMN what a bad MF.

One of my favorite movies

Great movie (self appointed fire warden).

Considering only two people have seen it.

673949[/snapback]

Three. Good flick, as I recall, because it was the first time I'd ever seen a mockmumentary (?) but I saw it some time ago and don't remember too much more than the bottle suddenly coming out of the sky...

Three. Good flick, as I recall, because it was the first time I'd ever seen a mockmumentary (?) but I saw it some time ago and don't remember too much more than the bottle suddenly coming out of the sky...

674025[/snapback]

It's worth a rent to see one time again. The technology through the eyes of a total innocent is very well done, plus some good lines.

674025[/snapback]

Four. One sene I remember is them using the winch on the jeep to get it unstuck, and it ends up going up a tree.

Here's some qoutes.....

I don't remember this one though....

Steyn: What do you know about women?

Mpudi: I got seven wives, how many you got?

Steyn: Why aren't you home with your seven wives?

Mpudi: I know how to marry them. Nobody knows how to live with them.

And there was a sequel.....

Actually, The Gods Must be Crazy 2 was MUCH funnier than the first one.

677207[/snapback]

I totally disagree. The first was a classic...freakin brilliant. The second was just OK, IMO. It certainly was jokier and attempting to be funnier...but it didn't work for me.

I just finished watching Steve Martin's "Shopgirl"......

Jason Schwartzman's and Claire Danes' characters are having sex, when all of a sudden he stops and stares up at the wall in front of him.

-"What's wrong? Why did you stop?"

-"Someone's hitting my BALLS! It feels like someone's throwing marshmallows at them!"

(The cat had climbed onto the bed and was whacking them with its declawed paw)