How many games do we lose? Before-

Dick Jauron hasn't coached a single down for us. Marv hasn't completed a single offseason and you're all dumping on him. So I'm wondering

HOW MANY GAMES DO WE HAVE TO WIN IN ORDER FOR ME TO BE ABLE TO LOG ON HERE AND NOT HAVE EVERYONE SCREAMING FOR BLOOD?

Dick Jauron hasn't coached a single down for us. Marv hasn't completed a single offseason and you're all dumping on him. So I'm wondering

HOW MANY GAMES DO WE HAVE TO WIN IN ORDER FOR ME TO BE ABLE TO LOG ON HERE AND NOT HAVE EVERYONE SCREAMING FOR BLOOD?

664157[/snapback]

I like both of these guys, and look forward to the season as we take another step towards building a super bowl champion.

I like them also, but the REAL question is: who's in charge of paying-off the refs? :w00t:

664198[/snapback]

Uh-Oh, we're in trouble.

Everyone knows RW has no money.

Woe is me...how do we pay off the refs?

664157[/snapback]

I think near every Bills fan holds Marv Levy, the coach of the most successful Buffalo Bills teams of the last 40 years, in high esteem. Barring a complete disaster (say a winless season, or a return to 2-14 glory) I think he will be given a long leash by the owner. Fans are more impatient with each passing year. I think that some stability at the QB position (either Losman or Nall nails down the job, and flashes "franchise" potential) would go a long way toward quieting down the natives. Holcomb won't inspire anyone.

You have to ask yourself though, as does Marv, at his age, how long can he serve as GM anyways? I know he is in great shape for his age, but really, how long? Do they have a real plan for rebuilding? Will Marv last in the job long enough to see it through? Not saying he won't, but you have to wonder. Unfortunately, age is an issue, like it or not.

As for Jauron, I really like him. He was my preference for the Bills HC job, when Mike Mularkey was hired. I feel kind of sorry for him, because I think he is stepping in to a less than ideal situation. There is a small possiblility that this team is not as bad as it showed itself in 2005. Maybe a good coach can jump start them.

I think Marv has five years and then passes the team off to someone he has groomed. I think Marv was brought here to bring stability with the fans and to build for the future.

For me I give them both 2-3 years before you start to raking them over the coles. All I need to see is a future and some progress.

I think Marv has five years and then passes the team off to someone he has groomed.  I think Marv was brought here to bring stability with the fans and to build for the future.

For me I give them both 2-3 years before you start to raking them over the coles.  All I need to see is a future and some progress.

664236[/snapback]

Respectfully, I don't see Marv lasting 5 years in the job, whether because of an ownership change, or life...I see this as a 2 year stint for him. If they are miserable, the owner (whoever that is) will hear constant criticism about his 83 year old rookie GM, and if the have tremendous success, Marvs' legacy will be set in stone.

I still think the best/most important addition to the Bills, thus far this offseason, is Jauron. I would guess that Ralph and Marv are betting that this team is better, and has more talent than the previous management was able to bring to light. I hope they are right. By most accounts, Jauron gets a lot out of his players. He is an intelligent guy, perhaps he succeeds Marv in the GM position, if things go well.

It all depends. Meathead showed a high level of stupidity in his first year and I was ready to can him after the Pittsburgh game. Greg Williams on the other hand while ineffective, and conservative, to be honest I still feel he would have developed into an okay coach. So it could be as little as a year or possibly 3-4 years. It really depends on whether he looks lost on the field or not.

664157[/snapback]

I think that you cannot really evaluate them until after the 3rd season, by then we should be a playoff team on the rise. The development and emergence of a good QB will be the key factor.

664157[/snapback]

100 straight.

All I'm looking for is a smart draft, maybe a couple more fair to good free agent pick ups, and most importantly a solid game plan and effective use of the players we have.

Example: a certain rb on the field on third downs.

Oh and maybe some honesty during post game media sessions, yeah that would be nice.

664157[/snapback]

You actually answered your own question. As has been posted on here for years by the 'core' group and then those like me.......there are Bills 'fans' who will B word and moan when we win the superbowl; probably because we won it in a way other than how the 'fan' believed we should have won it.

Again, people currently B word about ML and DJ and they have not had their first draft together.

Ah, Buffalo at its best. :w00t:

664157[/snapback]

Shouldn't that depend?

If they lose 10 games over two seasons posting winning records twice, then great. If they lose 10 of their first 12, well then, why keep them around? What, Levy's "ripening" mentally as he nears 90?