It's official

It will be Miami vs Detroit on Thanksgiving.  To all those who thought the Bills had a chance....psych!!  If the Bills were the only team available, the NFL would schedule an intrasquad scrimmage instead!

PTR

643786[/snapback]

Really, if the Bills were any good, it might bother me more, but our nationaly televised games the last 7 or 8 years have been miserable...Sunday afternoons are fine by me....

I wish we could play on Thanksgiving since the last time we played on this holiday was so enjoyable. Seems to me Dave Krieg (or whomever was quarterback for Detriot at the time) opened with a flea flicker for six on their first drive and the game continued to suck from there.

First, take all the Bills home games out of the mix for night games, as our franchise is a small market which has really profitted from a regional strategy where we actively work to draw fans and luxurt box business purchases from Rochester, Syracuse and even Albany.

This tougher sell can be made for purchases targeted for folks to come 2-3 hours on Sunday morning, see the game, grab dinner and be home at a reasonable bedtime, but fuguddabouit if they are going to have to drive back after midnite on some evening.

Of the remaining 8 games, the night game needs to fit into the schedule of team travel and other issues, the Bills are a concern only to the extent that this primetime game is one which draws Desperate Housewives like ratings to the extent that the game is attractive generally and even if it is not the bad team is from a large market where their fans watch the game anyway.

It is virtually impossible that it makes any business sense to put the Bills on in the evening, probably even if they are playing well.

This fan actually is quite happy to see our boys mostly playing at 1pm EST (and occaisionally at 4pm). Teams are disadvantaged when they are thrown off their rhythym even a little bit by a road trip. Add to that the addional disadvantage of a 4 hour (if they are lucky) air trip to the left coast sometimes.

When you add to that them playing in the evening this likely road game will likely be a L and W/Ls are what it is all about to this fan. Rather than getting jobbed, I'm pretty happy than once again we escaped without a night game. Now if we can just get rid of the left coast life will be good.

It will be Miami vs Detroit on Thanksgiving.  To all those who thought the Bills had a chance....psych!!  If the Bills were the only team available, the NFL would schedule an intrasquad scrimmage instead!

PTR

643786[/snapback]

The catch is that they have to be winning games...

The only bad thing out of this is that if CBS AGAIN opts not to have many games in HD :P (although I'm not a fan of the F-U emoticon, I think it would be appropriate here), we're SOL.

Personally, I'm a creature of habit & anything other than a 1pm Sunday kickoff bothers me.

W/ respect to why we're not on prime time, we sucked last year and the few times we are the top &/or nationwide game, we typically put forth a very poor effort.

I wish we could play on Thanksgiving since the last time we played on this holiday was so enjoyable. Seems to me Dave Krieg (or whomever was quarterback for Detriot at the time) opened with a flea flicker for six on their first drive and the game continued to suck from there.

643809[/snapback]

I think it was Erik Kramer... :P

I think it was Erik Kramer... :P

643868[/snapback]

No, it was Krieg.... and that game summed up the awful 1994 Bills D. Unable to stop the Lions early, the Bills fell behind 14-0 and could not quite come back. Kelly was 29-35, but threw a couple of INTs, including a final pick in the last moments that Wille Clay returned for a touchdown and sealed a 35-21 defeat..... Sigh.

With the advent of Directv Sunday ticket it really makes Prime Time games less important. Each Sunday game is an event unto itself and we can watch every single game on TV. I really could care less if the national TV public does or does not get a BIlls game. If/when they are good again, they will be on in primetime multiple times.

you mean to say is that you won't choke on all that meat you put in your mouth?  :P

643952[/snapback]

When I choke the turkey, i try not to get any near my mouth...if you get my drift.