dolphins and bears trade

Lothar

Jay Glazer, of Foxsports.com, reports the Miami Dolphins have agreed to trade DE Adewale Ogunleye to the Chicago Bears for WR Marty Booker and a third-round draft choice in 2005. The deal, however, is dependent upon the Bears working out a contract agreement with Ogunleye by 7 p.m. ET Saturday, Aug. 21. If a deal cannot be reached, the trade will not be complete.

the Miami Dolphins have agreed to trade DE Adewale Ogunleye to the Chicago Bears for WR Marty Booker and a third-round draft choice in 2005

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

That's all they could get for their best Defensive End?!

C'mon Bears, get 'em signed!

Booker has been a slightly above-average WR for the Bears for about 2 of his years there, and less-than-stellar the rest of the time. Adding him and losing Ogunleye is a huge downgrade for the Dols. Still however I guess it's better than having Ogunleye sit-out for 10 games and having nothing to show for that time. However the sticking point will be the Bears agreeing to pay Ogunleye Wistrom money, at least. I doubt it happens.

I have had Marty Booker in a fantasy league for the past few years, he is a good producer at WR. Not a star, but he will do well.

Too bad I can't draft him anymore, being a Dolphin and all....

I have had Marty Booker in a fantasy league for the past few years, he is a good producer at WR. Not a star, but he will do well.

Too bad I can't draft him anymore, being a Dolphin and all....

2506[/snapback]

Jeez- that is all it took to get Oguleye? I would have traded Shaw and a third to the fish for him...

Bummer! Now we won't be able to trade Travis or Willis!

Ooogah was the key, Travis was the lock and Willis was going to be shown the door.

I thought it was all arranged.

Oh well, all right. Now we've got to get back to the rumor mill!

If they didn't have the money to sign him, they didn't have all that much choice about it. What on earth made you think it was a done deal - McGahee for Ogunleye, Nanker? I can't believe all the hate for McGahee because his agent decided to stir the pot a bit. Ogun wanted more money than Donahoe would ever pay him.

Ogunleye for Booker and a mid round draft pick - pending Bears signing the DE by 7:00 tonight.

2493[/snapback]

Bwaaa haaaaa! Are you kidding me? Dolphins need RB help bad, and they trade for a WR? Bwaaaaa! Hilarous how much the dolphis screw up this year. I'm laughing out loud.

Guest Stuck in Miami
Booker is a quality receiver who has had one stevestojantty QB after another in Chicago.  Only problem is, he may end up with the same QB problem in Miami! :o

2538[/snapback]

I'm with you Blue...Booker is a Very Good receiver. Ask Nate Clements, he had to give him a 12yd cushion all game when we played them 2 years back, and he still managed big #'s. If you put Booker in Indy across Harrison and Peyton throwing to him, he is a 100 rec 1300 yd WR, I don't know what he can do in Miami, but it is a good trade for the Dolphins. I would give a #2 straight up for Booker.

By the way, McGahee is a good kid along for the ride with an Ambulance Chaser for an agent. McGahee is too trusting and just wants to play ball and prove his worth. Rosenschiester is just out for self-promotion, trying to recruit some Gangstas as clients, so he can bilk them of their 20%.

If they didn't have the money to sign him, they didn't have all that much choice about it.  What on earth made you think it was a done deal - McGahee for Ogunleye, Nanker?  I can't believe all the hate for McGahee because his agent decided to stir the pot a bit.  Ogun wanted more money than Donahoe would ever pay him.

2554[/snapback]

Er, please don't misconstrue...

"Back to the rumormill = [/sARCAISM]

And I'd encourage you to read some of my other posts. Just like I'm encouraging Willis to go for it. If he doesn't think he's a starter, then frankly I don't want him on the team. Let him and Henry duel it out on the field. I'm ready to see THAT.

And I'd encourage you to read some of my other posts. Just like I'm encouraging Willis to go for it. If he doesn't think he's a starter, then frankly I don't want him on the team. Let him and Henry duel it out on the field. I'm ready to see THAT.

2726[/snapback]

Amen to that brother.

The trade seems reasonable. It's like trading for a guy who is essentially a free agent anyway, as Ogunleye is calling the shots on the deal. The Bears shouldn't have had to give up too much for him. I am kinda surprised the Dolphins didn't ask for Anthony Thomas, though. He would be a Minor upgrade at RB. ugh. Sorry for the unintended pun.

Archived