Wilson's whining

vegas55

:rolleyes: Here is a guy whose $100,000 investment in the Bills is now worth 400 million; whose franchise turns a profit each year, and who pays himself a million plus in salary each year; now whines that the players, who sacrifice their long term health, will receive 59.5% of revenue rather than 56%. Just how much money do you need to make Ralph? isn't 400 million enough?

And for a guy who adamantly opposes guaranteed contract for players, he has no problem insisting on receiving guaranteed money from TV, season tickets, taxpayers of NY and now money from the "richer" franchises.

Please no more posts that this guy belongs in the HoF.

How about if you give up 3.5% of your money, and do not complain about it. everything is relative. I know I wouldn't be happy about it

:rolleyes:  Here is a guy whose $100,000 investment in the Bills is now worth 400 million; whose franchise turns a profit each year, and who pays himself a million plus in salary each year; now whines that the players, who sacrifice their long term health, will receive 59.5% of revenue rather than 56%. Just how much money do you need to make Ralph? isn't 400 million enough?

And for a guy who adamantly opposes guaranteed contract for players, he has no problem insisting on receiving guaranteed money from TV, season tickets, taxpayers of NY and now money from the "richer" franchises.

623357[/snapback]

:rolleyes:  Here is a guy whose $100,000 investment in the Bills is now worth 400 million; whose franchise turns a profit each year, and who pays himself a million plus in salary each year; now whines that the players, who sacrifice their long term health, will receive 59.5% of revenue rather than 56%. Just how much money do you need to make Ralph? isn't 400 million enough?

623357[/snapback]

I think you are WAY off base here my friend. What business man doesn't try to place limits on spending. Oh yeah those people are call owners of baseball teams... And they have turned that sport into a joke!

623357[/snapback]

So because Ralph took a risk and made a lot of money he should not complain about a bunch of richer, less experienced owners and players screwing him? Guys like Ralph built this league into what it is today. You rip Ralph for wanting to make the most $ possible, but feel sorry for the players who make millions to play a game! These guys are free to find other work. Most of them would not have a college education if not for football and most of them still do not graduate. Have you listened to some of them speak! They would be lucky to land a $20,000 a year job. Lots of people potentialy sacrifice their future health to make a living, like miners, construction workers, policemen, firemen, etc. If you don't agree with his opinion on the deal that is fine, but don't hold Ralphs hard work and fortune against him, there were no guarantees when he bought this franchise and brought it to Buffalo. He took a big risk and we all enjoy Sundays a lot more because of it!

I love it...

"Its only a few percentage points"

Nevermind the fact that those points in real dollars amount to millions of dollars.

"Yeah...but they are already rich...whats a few million???"

Spoken by clowns who would go NUTS if then had to split a ten.

Hard work, is that what an NFL owner does? I don't hold his fortune or "hard work" against him; I only point out the irony of a mega millionaire whining when his employees fairly and legitimately negotiate a pay increase

623357[/snapback]

This post outlines the exact reason Ralph is a very rich man. He doesn't make bad deals. Players sacrfice their long term health for fame and fortune to play a game of their own free will. Nobody is pointing a gun at their head. It is called being smart with your money.

How about if you give up 3.5% of your money, and do not complain about it.  everything is relative.  I know I wouldn't be happy about it

623373[/snapback]

In this economy, there are a lot of people, myself included, who gave up a lot more than 3.5%. And we don't make or are worth the $$$$$$$$$$$$ Ralph has

In this economy, there are a lot of people, myself included, who gave up a lot more than 3.5%.  And we don't make or are worth the $$$$$$$$$$$$ Ralph has

623473[/snapback]

So if you could have voted on that, would you have approved it?

Who are you, or anyone else, to decide whether Ralph already has "enough" money?

Exactly what is "enough" money?

No business owner in their right mind stops and says "Well, we're worth $400 million. That's enough for me. Let's not make any more. In fact, let's start giving some away and begin making idiotic business decisions."

When I read stuff like this, I'm reminded of a personal adage: People who say "money isn't everything" clearly don't have any money.

In this economy, there are a lot of people, myself included, who gave up a lot more than 3.5%.  And we don't make or are worth the $$$$$$$$$$$$ Ralph has

623473[/snapback]

You say that like it's someone else's fault that you've had to lower your income.

This one has my vote for "clueless post of the day"

:lol:  Here is a guy whose $100,000 investment in the Bills is now worth 400 million; whose franchise turns a profit each year, and who pays himself a million plus in salary each year; now whines that the players, who sacrifice their long term health, will receive 59.5% of revenue rather than 56%. Just how much money do you need to make Ralph? isn't 400 million enough?

623357[/snapback]

:lol:  Here is a guy whose $100,000 investment in the Bills is now worth 400 million; whose franchise turns a profit each year, and who pays himself a million plus in salary each year; now whines that the players, who sacrifice their long term health, will receive 59.5% of revenue rather than 56%. Just how much money do you need to make Ralph? isn't 400 million enough?

623357[/snapback]

When did Ralph whine? I must have missed it.

I love it...

"Its only a few percentage points"

Nevermind the fact that those points in real dollars amount to millions of dollars.

"Yeah...but they are already rich...whats a few million???"

Spoken by clowns who would go NUTS if then had to split a ten.

623458[/snapback]

Or pay more to go to a game! :lol:

This post outlines the exact reason Ralph is a very rich man. He doesn't make bad deals.

623469[/snapback]

Are you serious? Have you evaluated some of Ralph Wilson's decisions over the years? I guess not, because he has made so many bonehead choices over the years that he would have been fired a long time ago if he weren't the owner.

BTW, it is virtually impossible to lose money as an owner of an NFL team. Have you ever heard the expression "don't confuse brains with a bull market"?

Basically he is being given credit where no credit is due through no skill of his own.

How about if you give up 3.5% of your money, and do not complain about it.  everything is relative.  I know I wouldn't be happy about it

623373[/snapback]

Try 35% of your income. That's what Ralph is talking about. 3.5% sounds like a tiny amount, but that 3.5% doesn't come out of 100% profit, it comes out of a profit margin. If that margin is 10%, then that 3.5% rise in costs means 35% less profit. I'm simplifying, but that's the significance of such a rise in costs.

Folks are dogging Ralph because he wants the club to be very profitable, but they should want that as well. This franchise in it's current location, is a lot less attractive to potential local buyers today than it was a few days ago when it looked like the small-mid market teams were going to stand firm on revenue sharing, and more attractive to those seeking to purchase and move it to make a score. What's worse is that it's a slippery slope. Revenue imbalance was a loophole in the last agreement, now it has been accepted as normal, and the chances of the problem being corrected in the next cba are nil barring total implosion of the league. The disparity will continue to grow.

:doh:   Here is a guy whose $100,000 investment in the Bills is now worth 400 million; whose franchise turns a profit each year, and who pays himself a million plus in salary each year; now whines that the players, who sacrifice their long term health, will receive 59.5% of revenue rather than 56%. Just how much money do you need to make Ralph? isn't 400 million enough?

623357[/snapback]

"Big-market teams like Washington, New England and Dallas have tapped into revenue streams - from sales of stadium naming rights, luxury boxes, local sponsorships and other areas - that do not have to be shared with the other clubs. The result is Washington took in $287 million in revenue in 2004, according to Forbes Magazine, while the bottom-earning team (Arizona) took in $153 million. The Bills ranked 22nd at $173 million, Forbes estimated. That local revenue drives up the costs to all teams because it increases the salary cap. When Washington sells a luxury box for $200,000, the cap for every team gets bumped up an incremental amount. "

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060...?tbd1027103.asp

"Yeah, we'll compete," he said. "We have to watch our costs in all directions and run a very cost-effective operation. We will be active in free agency. And we'll try to make prudent decisions on players. But we're not going to be able to throw money away like these high revenue clubs. That hasn't changed."

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060...?tbd1027103.asp

Maybe you should try educating yourself about RW's reasoning before spewing your inane rubbish. Maybe, assuming you're a Bills fan, you'd like this team to STAY in WNY. Maybe instead of being one those people who scream that we should get this guy or that guy, you'll understand why we can't thanks to the continued "who gives a crap about the lower revenue teams as long as we get ours mentality" of the high revenue pricks like Dan Snyder. But I doubt you will. Hey, why not sell the team and pocket a nice "400 million", right Ralph?? Afterall, maybe you can move the team to Vegas and this assclown will finally be happy. :lol: