Rams not making progress with WR Bruce's contract

The complications with Isaac Bruce's contract was reported earlier on KFFL. It's not too much different in money compared to Eric Moulds. I'd much rather have Moulds than Bruce but this Ram connection makes me a little nervous about what our braintrust might be thinking. This is all purely speculation but when personnel changes from team to team than they usually bring along some of their former players. I hope that this isn't one of them incidents. All things (money) being equal we are better off with Moulds.

At his age, I would think that Isaac Bruce would be a much less expensive option for the Bills should they choose to release Moulds. But again, at 34 and coming off a poor season, you have to wonder if he has anything left.

At his age,  I would think that Isaac Bruce would be a much less expensive option for the Bills should they choose to release Moulds.  But again, at 34 and coming off a poor season,  you have to wonder if he has anything left.

618519[/snapback]

In Bruce's defense, he got hurt and had to deal with the 2nd and 3rd string QBs for the rest of the season. If he can fairly cheap, I think it would be an excellent option. He is known for running some of the best routes in the league. I just look at how he has helped Torry Holt (a guy I think Evans is very similar too) and think he could be a great mentor. I want Moulds back but unfortunately, I don't think he wants to be back. :huh:

F*ck Bruce, when I was in high school I worked at place called Country Club Carwash. We had a deal where we washed all the Rams and Cardinals cars for free (even retired players and managment, Ozzie Smith & Charlie Army etc.). My job was a greeter, meaning I asked what type of wash they wanted and recorded in a computer. We weren't supposed to bother athletes but were certainly allowed to welcome them to the carwash and say hello. One Monday after Bruce had a really good game he came in to get his car wash, all I said to him was "good game yesterday", his response "Don't talk to me about the game". I was a seventeen year old kid at the time and a huge fan of the NFL, what an ass! And he never tipped anyone, ever. Tory Holt, Ozzie Smith, and Trent Green are some of the nicest and most aproachable athletes I have ever encountered but the same can not be said about Bruce. He's a total Choad. Anyway that has nothing to do with his football ability and IMO he is a much better option than Givens or Bryant if he can be had at a decent price. Just don't expect to fall in love with his antics or his attitude.

ESPN News reports that the Rams have released Isaac Bruce....he is a free agent...I too would rather have Moulds, but Bruce would be a decent, short term replacement. If we go with the guys we have now, and another high draft pick WR, it will only impede the progress of Losman (if that is the plan) and possibly Lee Evans. I think it is important that we get an established WR to replace Moulds, if he is indeed gone (I am still not convinced). Bruce was hurt a lot last season, IIRC he missed nearly half the season. I don't think that will be an issue. Git 'er done TD!

News flash... TD is no longer employed by the Bills... or any other football org.

618979[/snapback]

Yeah, I know...thanks for the update! I forgot, people can't detect humour, unless you put a smiley face with your post! ;):doh::D;)

It only really makes sense if we can get him for less than his contract + EM's dead cap space if we release him.

618507[/snapback]

I.Bruce has been very injury-prone. Things like turf toe and hamstrings that linger for weeks. I don't know if he can be counted on. I'd rather keep Moulds.

Our OC was his last OC, so I have to say that I would trust Fairchild on this move -- either way. Fairchild would know better than just about anyone if he is worth going after.