If anyone is interested

I know jauron is gonna be running a cover 2, but Ted said he would love to play for jauron again. Maybe a short deal. He'd be cheaper then the 3.5 adams was gonna get and could still be a viable run stoping dt.

Raiders | T. Washington released

Thu, 2 Mar 2006 16:07:03 -0800

Nancy Gay, of the San Francisco Chronicle, reports the Oakland Raiders have released DT Ted Washington.

Didn't Ted play for him in Chicago??

616862[/snapback]

Yep, Big Ted played alongside another fat guy in Chicago, Keith Traylor.

I´ll always remember that we let Ted go because GW didn´t like fat players.

I know jauron is gonna be running a cover 2, but Ted said he would love to play for jauron again.  Maybe a short deal. He'd be cheaper then the 3.5 adams was gonna get and could still be a viable run stoping dt.

Nancy Gay, of the San Francisco Chronicle, reports the Oakland Raiders have released DT Ted Washington.

616855[/snapback]

He's a good fir for a cover 2 front on accounta it takes 2 OL to cover him. :doh:

Ted did absolutely nothing in Raider's gear last year to suggest to me he'd be a plus for us this coming season outside of the fact that blinded, hobbled and handcuffed he'd still be an improvement against the run over Ron Edwards.

The only argument you might make as far as the Raiders bottom 10 rushing defense finish is that the AFC West features some of the best RB talent in the league; but at the same time that equation is usually buffetted by the lack of quality of the DLines of the same division.

Ted did absolutely nothing in Raider's gear last year to suggest to me he'd be a plus for us this coming season outside of the fact that blinded, hobbled and handcuffed he'd still be an improvement against the run over Ron Edwards.

The only argument you might make as far as the Raiders bottom 10 rushing defense finish is that the AFC West features some of the best RB talent in the league; but at the same time that equation is usually buffetted by the lack of quality of the DLines of the same division.

616880[/snapback]

um, ... akc ..., the chargers had the #1 run defense in the nfl and the broncos had the #2 run defense in the nfl.

I doubt they'd bring him in, if this quote from the Buff News today is true:

The Bills want quick defensive linemen who attack the backfield in their new defense. Adams has always believed that's a strength of his but obviously the Bills' new staff did not agree.

That certainly sounds like what Adams can do, so I'm guessing Sam was cut primarily for salary cap/personality issues. However, this does not sound like what Ted does.

um, ... akc ..., the chargers had the #1 run defense in the nfl and the broncos had the #2 run defense in the nfl.

616950[/snapback]

And both have damn good LBs. Coincidence?

I know jauron is gonna be running a cover 2, but Ted said he would love to play for jauron again.  Maybe a short deal. He'd be cheaper then the 3.5 adams was gonna get and could still be a viable run stoping dt.

616855[/snapback]

Future hall of famer Ted Washington---number 1 all-time at stuffing the run...the absolutely IMMOVABLE object.....should come back for a season as a PART-TIMER--goal line stand situations.4th and shorts. he cannot be a regular player at 38 yrs old and 380 pounds.But he could help if used wisely.