Dick Jauron's coaching staff

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does your source realize Caldwell is the assistant to the head coach in Indy, thus cannot be promoted to offensive coordinator by any other team?

Probably not.

Tell Mike Sherman hi for me.

579058[/snapback]

Yes he could. "Offensive coordinator and assistant HC" would be an upgrade over "QB coach and assistant HC".

So, you are wrong.

Source.....Jauron's coordinators are as follows....

OC - Caldwell

DC - Bates

578514[/snapback]

You should be banned just for saying Sherman was a done deal. I guess Marv doesn't read this intelligent and thought provoking board.

why would caldwell and bates want to ruin thier career coaching In Buffalo uner this bafoon? 

Makes no sense to me!

578598[/snapback]

Jauron's reputation is one that he allows his assistants to coach, ala ML.

To a coordinator wishing to make their bones, that's not a bad position to be in. It is based heavily on Jauron's rep at this point and if he's respected by his peers and/or underlings, well......

Didn't Soprano still get a couple of his other predictions right? Just saying its possible the Sherman thing just fell threw. :rolleyes:

579164[/snapback]

Even a broken clock is right twice a day...

He was 100% wrong on the one and only real question we were trying to answer...

Does your source realize Caldwell is the assistant to the head coach in Indy, thus cannot be promoted to offensive coordinator by any other team?

Probably not.

Tell Mike Sherman hi for me.

579058[/snapback]

not a problem when Marv's good buddy Bill Polian is granting permission.

Source.....Jauron's coordinators are as follows....

OC - Caldwell

DC - Bates

578514[/snapback]

Too bad Caldwell is a pass-first kinda guy. That is not a Jauron kinda scheme. Nor is it what the Bills should be looking at.

Caldwell will not be a Bill.

Poor guy :devil:  I almost want him to be right for once.

I'm still holding out hope for Jim Bates, but if sopranos recent average tells us anything it's not likely to happen  :doh:

583782[/snapback]

1 for 3 in baseball will get you in the Hall of Fame. Hopefully it will be Bates though I guess Teddy Cottrell would be good as well.

SOPARANO,

Get 'er done!! Feed us...

Bates is the hire I would like as well. If DJ and/or Marv can grab him, that would make me very happy.

Bates really doesn;t have too many other options now does he??? Only the Bills and possibly the Aints need DCs, correct???

The Raiders are hanging on to Ryan from what i heard/read.

OC = Caldwell

DC = Bates

-------------------

SOPARANO,

What are your sources telling you now about the DC.  I was hoping the OC was really going to be Caldwell.  Thanks for sharing what you hear...

583694[/snapback]

One thing we know - whatever his sources tell him will actually NOT transpire. So, we might as well get his take on the DC to strike that coordinator off our list.

I hope Soprano 1234 enjoyed his TBD ballwashing while it lasted.  The "Angry Mob" is getting ready to come after him in full force. :doh:

583844[/snapback]

What's the holdup, Angry Mob? Soprano's count is 2-2, the Bates fastball is clocking in mighty fast, the "For Sale" signs are already made, Tony Jr.'s teacher has already been tipped, and right now I'm just sitting here waiting for an address...

I won't say our poster is making ths stuff up, the way some of you are willing to do, but it is obvious that his source - wether himself or someone within the organization - has been wrong.

Having worked in a medium sized company though (probably comperable in size in terms of # of employees not including players), things change constantly, so sources can easilly be wrong. I think Marv wanted Sherman, and probably it was known in the organization that if it were completely up to him, Sherman would be coach. The same thing could be true with these Coordinators. If you re-read his post, I can interpret it as Jauron's picks for coordinators are... not that they would necessarilly be hired.

This is an Internet message board, I hope the information keeps flowing, but I do take it for what it's worth... I mean, I'm not going out to buy a jersey based on a rumor... whether it's claimed to have come from a source or not. Please Sorprano's keep them coming, people just need to relax... It must be nice for them to never be wrong.