Haslett 90% chance of become HC

billsboys

It's more like 99.9%. The interview process will be a mere charade so RW doesn't get fined a half million bucks by the NFL. Jim Haslett is, in fact, Ralph Wilson's all-time favorite Buffalo Bill. Jim's dream coaching job is head coach of the Buffalo Bills. His wife is from Buffalo. Marv named three qualities they will be looking for in a head coach and two of the three we made up after Haslett was decided upon yesterday about 3 seconds after MM quit. He will communicate well with the front office because he is old buddies with RW. He will tell the players like it is. If he can teach or not, who knows? I like it. I don't care what anyone else says about it. Only time since Marv was named head coach that I like the choice.

ESPN RADIO IS GREAT AT FINDING STUFF OUT!!!  Jim is who I wanted to be HC all along! :pirate:

566222[/snapback]

you still have not answered this question in another thread:

What is your reason for wanting him? What is your basis for why he will succeed? There are compelling reasons why not to hire him, which may or may not be explained away by a lack of talent on the Saints. But that is NOT a reason to hire him.

PLease, do not say "he was a bill" or " he is tough." THose are not qualifications.

and yesterday the originator posted he wanted ted cottrell to be the head coach

566430[/snapback]

That was before MM left. And also I talked it over with other Bills fans at school. They said Jim was a better choice, so after thinking it over Jim would be a better choice. He also has recent experience as HC. Not Cottrell.

That was before MM left.  And also I talked it over with other Bills fans at school.  They said Jim was a better choice, so after thinking it over Jim would be a better choice.  He also has recent experience as HC.  Not Cottrell.

566455[/snapback]

Also Haslett took the Saints to the playoffs.

Jim Haslett is, in fact, Ralph Wilson's all-time favorite Buffalo Bill.

566345[/snapback]

I've seen that mentioned before, why is he Ralph's favorite???

I liked Haslett back in the day, but I can easily think of at least 50 ex-and-current Bills I like better.

Only time since Marv was named head coach that I like the choice.

566345[/snapback]

I have to admit I was not happy with Marv being hired at the time. He accomplished nothing with the Chiefs, no other team wanted him... I thought Ralph was being cheap again (probably was anyways). Last Bills coaching that I really liked on day 1 was Knox.

Even though they haven't even interviewed anyone yet?

I didn't realize Clayton and Mortenson get their "inside information" from Miss Cleo.

566231[/snapback]

I give Mort a little more credibility when it comes to this stuff. He always consults an additional psychic. Clayton is just plain cheap and lazy.

ESPN RADIO IS GREAT AT FINDING STUFF OUT!!!  Jim is who I wanted to be HC all along! :devil:

566222[/snapback]

ESPN radio is now reporting that the Bills have asked and revceived permission to talk to the Cowboy's Payton regarding the Bills head coaching job. Haslett has yet to be contacted.

90% of Haslett???? I may not be a supergenious but I think I'd lay my money on the guy who at least has an interviewed lined up.

ESPN radio is now reporting that the Bills have asked and revceived permission to talk to the Cowboy's Payton regarding the Bills head coaching job. Haslett has yet to be contacted.

90% of Haslett???? I may not be a supergenious but I think I'd lay my money on the guy who at least has an interviewed lined up.

566865[/snapback]

Aren't Bills suppose to hate the Cowboys. Why pursue a guy from a team that we don't like very much? :devil:

Watch by the end of next week Haslett will be the new HC! He's the only one that seems interested in the job.

Aren't Bills suppose to hate the Cowboys.  Why pursue a guy from a team that we don't like very much? :doh:

Watch by the end of next week Haslett will be the new HC!  He's the only one that seems interested in the job.

566869[/snapback]

I would think that by agreeing to an interview, Payton is expressing interest. Your ignorance (or is naivety?) is getting to be funny at this point. Teams not dealing with other teams because they supposedly don't like each other?? Huh?? What planet did you just arrive from??