MOULDS TO EAGLES FOR OWENS

Makes a great deal of sense and has a good chance of happening. Here's some of the reasons why:

- not only do eagles not want to trade TO to a team within their division, that don't want to trade him within the NFC conference. this reduces the list to AFC teams-only;

- eagles think Moulds will fit in well with their mid-passing range system, that emphasises yards-after-catch;

- Owens and Moulds are the same age, both turning 33 this year;

- Eagles like Moulds reputation for working with young receivers like Lee Evans;

- Bills, with the 29th ranked offense, have everything to gain and nothing to lose signing Owens to an incentives-laden contract;

- Bills feel they need a bigger receiver to round out their receiving corps which is made up mostly of receivers under 6 feet;

- Bills are one of the few teams Owen's agent Drew Rosenhaus has a good relationship with, having made Willis McGahee (i.e. one of Rosenhaus's clients) a 1st-round pick when other teams had passed on him;

- Rosenhaus recently asked permission from the Eagles to seek a trade for Owens. Eagles granted permission, demonstrating they are looking to get something for Owens.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes a great deal of sense and has a good chance of happening. Here's some of the reasons why:

- not only do eagles not want to trade TO to a team within their division, that don't want to trade him within the NFC conference. this reduces the list to AFC teams-only;

- eagles think Moulds will fit in well with their mid-passing range system, that emphasises yards-after-catch;

- Eagles like Moulds reputation for working with young receivers like Lee Evans;

- Bills, with the 29th ranked offense, have everything to gain and nothing to lose signing Owens to an incentives-laden contract;

- Bills feel they need a bigger receiver to round out their receiving corps which is made up mostly of receivers under 6 feet;

- Bills are one of the few teams Owen's agent Drew Rosenhaus has a good relationship with, having made Willis McGahee (i.e. one of Rosenhaus's clients) a 1st-round pick when other teams had passed on him;

- Rosenhaus recently asked permission from the Eagles to seek a trade for Owens. Eagles granted permission, demonstrating they are looking to get something for Owens.

562705[/snapback]

The Bills had a good relationship with Drew R??? Noooo.. TD had the relationship with Drew R...

TO is due a 7 million dollar roster bonus. So when making a trade remember we have to shell out 7 million. After feeling he got hosed with the Philly deal no way he signs for an incentive deal. He wants money up front. This is also the man that nullified a trade with Baltimore... I dont think we wanted to play with Kyle Boller so why would he want to play with JP?

Also Buffalo is not exactly the media market that TO wants to be in. Mr Me... wants to be in a NY or Miami market..

Come on. Can we stop the TO stuff...

The Bills had a good relationship with Drew R???  Noooo..  TD had the relationship with Drew R...

TO is due a 7 million dollar roster bonus.  So when making a trade remember we have to shell out 7 million.  After feeling he got hosed with the Philly deal no way he signs for an incentive deal.  He wants money up front.  This is also the man that nullified a trade with Baltimore...  I dont think we wanted to play with Kyle Boller so why would he want to play with JP?

Also Buffalo is not exactly the media market that TO wants to be in.  Mr Me...  wants to be in a NY or Miami market..

Come on.  Can we stop the TO stuff...

562717[/snapback]

you're talking like TO has options, he doesn't. he'll have to restructure his contract and he'll have to accept going to a small market.

Welcome aboard!

Boy oh boy you picked a fine topic to start with!

So many of our "members" start off with Hi my name is____________, my sign is_______________, I like watching movies, walks in the woods and dogs. :flirt:

As one that can often look past a player's off the field problems for the sake of talent (ie I didn't think the Rams made a mistake drafting Lawrence Phillips), I wouldn't even trade a 7th Round pick for Owens. The reason being is his problem is he's chiefly concerned with himself and not the team which he brings and onto the field and into the locker room and impact the team's play and/or divide the locker room. Lest we not forget the last time we had someone like this on the team named Flutie and how well that turned out?

Marv loves players like TO.

562711[/snapback]

well he should, like it or not, when TO wants to be he's the best receiver in the league and the only one that can truly dominate a game. marv is a smart guy and can see value. why not take a shot at jump starting one the league's worst offenses?

well he should, like it or not, when TO wants to be he's the best receiver in the league and the only one that can truly dominate a game.  marv is a smart guy and can see value.  why not take a shot at jump starting one the league's worst offenses?

562733[/snapback]

The answer, my friend, is blowing in the wind...

well he should, like it or not, when TO wants to be he's the best receiver in the league and the only one that can truly dominate a game.  marv is a smart guy and can see value.  why not take a shot at jump starting one the league's worst offenses?

562733[/snapback]

I aggree totally with jdunc that embracing this type of move would be the totally logical thing for TO to do.

However, the a question which Jdunc fails to address is WHEN HAS T.O. DONE THE LOGICAL THING FOR HIMSELF (much less the team) since he jumped ship and forced his move to Philly.

The arguments he lays out about why this move makes football sense are totally legit.

The question is whether one as a person has faith in TO that he now will fly right.

Even then it raises another question which must be answered before any deal happens as to whether Marv and the "new" Billls are willing to invest in a belief in the "new" TO and invest in him despite the fact his past acts run totally counter to Marv's initial words that his Bills are going to be all about character.

I believe in Jdunc's football analysis, but I have no faith that TO will act logically and no belief at all that the Bills and Marv will believe in a "new" TO.

TO is a player who makes plays.  Marv respects that.  I like this deal, and would welcome TO to the Bills.

562745[/snapback]

If you believe that, pick up Marv Levy's book...I was flipping through it on the hopper last night. In the last chapter, talking about resigning from the Bills, he goes through a litany of the things that made the Bills special, and the kind of players they were...Owens would not fit Levy's description, at all...in fact, ol' Marv expresses some disdain for players like Owens. If we can believe what he says...TO won't be putting on a Bills uniform any time soon...

yes it does.  consider 2 more factors:

- Bills have soured on Moulds;

- Owens would be better off with a small-market team where the media is less intrusive and there are fewer distractions over all.

562713[/snapback]

What makes you think that the Bills have soured on Moulds. The guy had an aurgument with a coach about play calling. You think that hasn't happened before?

This is not about money. Moulds in the past signed for less money to stay with the Bills. The public would have never known about this situation if Moulds had not been suspended. Not like TO who held press meetings all over the place. This is not an issue unless Moulds wants double what he is worth in the open market. Besides you don't trade a player who has had a history of not being a problem because he had one on he field behind the scene situation. After the suspension he came back and played hard etc. Why is it we are ready to brand any player that has a problem with a coach as an outlaw who we need to get rid of. Sam Adams had some problems the last two years and I don't see anybody saying we should get rid of him on this board. Besides I believe the coach that Moulds had a play calling problem with (Clements) has been let go. Doesn't that prove Moulds point?

562705[/snapback]

Ah, a fellow crap-throwing monkey!

:flirt:

I aggree totally with jdunc that embracing this type of move would be the totally logical thing for TO to do.

However, the a question which Jdunc fails to address is WHEN HAS T.O. DONE THE LOGICAL THING FOR HIMSELF (much less the team) since he jumped ship and forced his move to Philly.

The arguments he lays out about why this move makes football sense are totally legit.

The question is whether one as a person has faith in TO that he now will fly right.

Even then it raises another question which must be answered before any deal happens as to whether Marv and the "new" Billls are willing to invest in a belief in the "new" TO and invest in him despite the fact his past acts run totally counter to Marv's initial words that his Bills are going to be all about character.

I believe in Jdunc's football analysis, but I have no faith that TO will act logically and no belief at all that the Bills and Marv will believe in a "new" TO.

562747[/snapback]

first off, thank you for a substantive response. no one can guarantee anyone's behavior in the future, including one's own. but after the meltdown in Philly, TO and his agent have to got to realize that at 33 for the 06' season, this really is TO's last chance to right himself. one more screw up and no one will touch TO; which means no rings and no money. also, who ever gets TO will be in a position to protect themselves by negotiating an incentives-laden contract which won't cost much if the Philly experience repeats and also will serve TO and his agents desire to make TO the highest paid WR if individual and team milestones are met.

bottom line: for the league's 29th ranked offense, it's worth the risk of giving TO a shot. they have everything to gain and nothing to lose. a healthy and focused TO is the most dominant WR in the game and could vault the Bills offense into the Top 10. pickup a few good players to bolster the defense and the Bills are contenders again in 06'. i don't see a better path for the bills than this one.

562705[/snapback]

Wow!! You actually believe this huh!!!! :flirt:

The Bills had a good relationship with Drew R???  Noooo..  TD had the relationship with Drew R...

TO is due a 7 million dollar roster bonus.  So when making a trade remember we have to shell out 7 million.  After feeling he got hosed with the Philly deal no way he signs for an incentive deal.  He wants money up front.  This is also the man that nullified a trade with Baltimore...  I dont think we wanted to play with Kyle Boller so why would he want to play with JP?

Also Buffalo is not exactly the media market that TO wants to be in.  Mr Me...  wants to be in a NY or Miami market..

Come on.  Can we stop the TO stuff...

562717[/snapback]

well JP probably won't be the QB based on MM's recent decisoin making.

first off, thank you for a substantive response.  no one can guarantee anyone's behavior in the future, including one's own.  but after the meltdown in Philly, TO and his agent have to got to realize that at 33 for the 06' season, this really is TO's last chance to right himself.  one more screw up and no one will touch TO; which means no rings and no money.  also, who ever gets TO will be in a position to protect themselves by negotiating an incentives-laden contract which won't cost much if the Philly experience repeats and also will serve TO and his agents desire to make TO the highest paid WR if individual and team milestones are met. 

bottom line: for the league's 29th ranked offense, it's worth the risk of giving TO a shot.  they have everything to gain and nothing to lose. a healthy and focused TO is the most dominant WR in the game and could vault the Bills offense into the Top 10.  pickup a few good players to bolster the defense and the Bills are contenders again in 06'.  i don't see a better path for the bills than this one.

562778[/snapback]

Yeah, but flat out- Why do you believe that TO will be logical when he has shown no signs of logic in his exit from Philly?

Even if one can make an objective case based on objective measures beyond it being the reasonable theory for his behavior, why should Marv and the Bills believe in him?

Failing a case based in some objective measures in addition to the theory that it would be the intelligent thing for TD to do it is virtually impossible to see this happening.

Yeah, but flat out- Why do you believe that TO will be logical when he has shown no signs of logic in his exit from Philly?

Even if one can make an objective case based on objective measures beyond it being the reasonable theory for his behavior, why should Marv and the Bills believe in him?

Failing a case based in some objective measures in addition to the theory that it would be the intelligent thing for TD to do it is virtually impossible to see this happening.

562813[/snapback]

please re-read my earlier posts. i'd just be repeating myself.

562705[/snapback]

The Bills would have nothing to lose by signing TO?? Really? Is it a positive when a player comes in and declares that he doesn't need to speak with the OC or his QB.

If by chance this nut case decided he would play for Buffalo for free, I'd still say no.

This must be one of those things that works out great on Madden 2005. :flirt:

well i dont like players that are me 1st and then team which t.o clearly is.....having said that t.o is not a troubled player in a sense he isnt a druggie or a guy who gets into trouble.he just gets into trouble with his mouth.he seems like a guy who wears his heart on his sleeve,a happy t.o can be VERY PRODUCTIVE! a t.o who wants to prove to football that he can be a good guy and just win can be PRODUCTIVE as well.i also think people need to lighten up as well..............one of the things t.o got into trouble about was he said donovan mcnabb is no brett favre...well t.o is right.when did having opinions mean you get suspended anyway???not reporting for camp when you are under contract ok that is a bad by t.o...i seem to remember taking a chance on james lofton turned out ok