For all the GOOD TD has done...

VIPP

There is SOO MUCH badd...

I wont blame the dude for takin M.Williams, i mean everyone had him as the highest rate on the their board...and even B.McKinnie hasn't been that much better...however!

1) He did Hire Gregg Williams, and pass on Marvin LEWIS :w00t:

2) He let our best franchise offensive lineman go and didn't even bother franchising him or getting something back for him

3) I'm pretty sure we asked too much on the whole Henry situation

4) We let go of Pat Williams, our best defensive lineman...and our Defensive line has struggled mightly

5) We let go of Reuben Brown..i don't care wat nobody says about all those holding penalties, he did was he was suppose to do....protect our QB..and he was decent! Ya he was overpaid...but now the bears got one helluva LG and believe me Thomas Jones is luvin it!

6) Drafting Roscoe Parrish with our highest pick in the draft!!...what was he on?

7) i could keep going, but i don't want to be selfish

feel free to add on to the other TD screw ups

1) He did Hire Gregg Williams, and pass on Marvin LEWIS  :doh:

2) He let our best franchise offensive lineman go and didn't even bother franchising him or getting something back for him

546102[/snapback]

just playing Son of Satan's advocate here, but...

1. Lewis didn't want to come to Buffalo

2. Franchising JJ would have done nothing but eat up cap space. Walter Jones of the Seahawks and Orlando Pace of the Rams were both franchised and never moved. and JJ couldn't hold either of their jocks. If he tried, he would have just gotten injured. Again, I ask what kind of throat injury can someone suffer in San Fransisco? :w00t:

anyways, to your list I would add:

Trading a 1st, 2nd, and 5th to Dallas for a 1st rounder

Using afore mentioned 1st rounder on JP Losman

Signing Troy Vincent

Signing Jeff Posey

Drafting Josh Reed

If people think the Bills won legitamately last week then they have to think Mularkey is a better coach than Marvin Lewis........

cause Mike beat him on his field with a lesser team

cause Marvin let his team take the Bills too lightly

if the game was on the level then Mike Mularkey is head and shoulders the better coach

but it wasnt....pick six's and kick returns are easily concealed....it was merely an exhibition for the bengals, who want the 4th seed.

546102[/snapback]

How considerate. :doh:

Top 5 Worst TD Moves:

1. Hiring MM

2. Hiring GW

3. Extending Drew

4. 2002 draft

5. Changing uniforms :w00t:

Top 5 Best TD Moves:

1. Signing TKO

2. Trading PP.

3. Signing Fletcher over Cowart

4. 2001 draft

5. Drafting McGee

Top 5 worst > Top 5 best :wub:

If people think the Bills won legitamately last week then they have to think Mularkey is a better coach than Marvin Lewis........

cause Mike beat him on his field with a lesser team

cause Marvin let his team take the Bills too lightly

if the game was on the level then Mike Mularkey is head and shoulders the better coach

but it wasnt....pick six's and kick returns are easily concealed....it was merely an exhibition for the bengals, who want the 4th seed.

546107[/snapback]

If that were true , then Marvin Lewis would have been fired this week. That would be the only possible outcome of an occurance such as what you speculate. This would be true for any NFL team under sane ownership (Raiders excluded of course).

With that said, single (regular season) game results do not define a coach nor make him better than a coach he beat with an inferior team. It happens both ways and often in this league.

If that were true , then Marvin Lewis would have been fired this week. That would be the only possible outcome of an occurance such as what you speculate. This would be true for any NFL team under sane ownership (Raiders excluded of course).

With that said, single (regular season) game results do not define a coach nor make him better than a coach he beat with an inferior team. It happens both ways and often in this league.

546115[/snapback]

you cant fire him if you got together with him and concluded it was the best option to a championship.........

you cant fire him if you got together with him and concluded it was the best option to a championship.........

546117[/snapback]

... and then, suddenly , your console crashes and you lose all the work you just did on your madden franchise.

Top 5 Worst TD Moves:

1. Hiring MM

2. Hiring GW

3. Extending Drew

4. 2002 draft

Top 5 Best TD Moves:

1. Signing TKO

2. Trading PP.

4. 2001 draft

5. Drafting McGee

546110[/snapback]

Changing uniforms was the begining of all that was bad for our

Bills!! :(

Holy cow--I cant believe in all this misery we glossed over that the stupid bastard changed the uniforms!

TD you evil, nearsighted pimple. The day you crashed the Hindenberg into that hospital of sick babies was bad, but the uniforms...

I will forever associate those idiotic unitards with you and cant wait till you are BOTH GONE!

I'm not at all convinced that if the Bills had signed Lewis, he would have done any better than GW with the personal he had here. More than likely by now Lewis would have been fired as the Bills would have done just as bad.

I also don't think he should have signed JJ for the $$ he wanted, and can't fault him for letting one player out of 11 on defense leave. With free agency today, I doubt there's any teams out there bringing back all 11 players from year to next on either side of ball.

I also agree with you that signing M Williams seemed like a good move at the time and people who suggested we should have traded down, well you need someone to trade with.

Where I think TD has done a terrible job is signing players for the line. He seems more intent on signing name "position" players than the guys in the trenches. Where it appears he failed on the defense is recognizing that the D was getting to old. That is what the problem is there, not losing one player. You can certainly argue that if TD is being paid what he is, that he needs to be able to see that that before it's too late. Whether that's fair or not, don't know as I'm not sure that is something that can be anticipated. If anything, that may fall more on the ocaches to see that. Maybe they did and warned TD, but he didn't do anything about it? We'll never know.

I've come to the conclusion that I think the Bill's would be better off without TD, but when I look at your list, I really can't blame him for many of the things you listed.

The only real gripe I have, which is a big one, is not putting an O-line together.

I wont blame the dude for takin M.Williams, i mean everyone had him as the highest rate on the their board...and even B.McKinnie hasn't been that much better...however!

1) He did Hire Gregg Williams, and pass on Marvin LEWIS  :w00t:

4) We let go of Pat Williams, our best defensive lineman...and our Defensive line has struggled mightly

5) We let go of Reuben Brown..i don't care wat nobody says about all those holding penalties, he did was he was suppose to do....protect our QB..and he was decent! Ya he was overpaid...but now the bears got one helluva LG and believe me Thomas Jones is luvin it!

6) Drafting Roscoe Parrish with our highest pick in the draft!!...what was he on?

546102[/snapback]

Top 5 Worst TD Moves:

1. Hiring MM

2. Hiring GW

3. Extending Drew

4. 2002 draft

Top 5 Best TD Moves:

1. Signing TKO

2. Trading PP.

4. 2001 draft

5. Drafting McGee

546110[/snapback]

was is td's idea to change our unis?i hate those unis.

546102[/snapback]

1) GW was awful, but are you sure that Lewis wanted to come to Buffalo or that RW was willing to pay him?

2) The Franchis Tag woulf have cost at least 8 million per season. I would have loved to keep Jennings, but not at that price.

3) ?????? What did we "ask?" For him not to sulk, fumble, miss blocks, take drugs, miss team flights, or have sex with minors?

4) Our best lineman was Aaron Schobel, NOT PW, but you are correct, there was no effort to replace him.

5) When Ruben left Buffalo, he was terrible. It was time for a change.

6) Right again. Drafting Parrish was as dumb a move as one could imagine.

7) You SHOULD have blamed him for Fat Mike.

1) Picking Lewis over Williams would have been the best choice. But how do we know if Lewis wanted to be in Buffalo to begin with or if his asking price was what the Bills were looking for?

2) If JJ would have signed for a reasonable price of course TD would have attempted to keep him. But come on, anyone with half a brain knew he was given a VERY generous deal from the 49ers. He certainly isnt worth that much money and TD knew it. Not signing JJ to that kind of contract was a great non-move.

3) He asked for too much?? More like other teams were low balling us and TD held on as long as he could. Henry rushed for 1,000 yards 2 years in a row, had a high number of TD's during that span and was a pro bowler. Teams were certainly being cheap with us for Henry and felt we would give him away. I think getting a 3rd at the time we did for Henry was a good move by TD.

4) Yea we did struggle, but similair to the JJ situation, TD knew what kind of money PW was asking for was correct in not even thinking of signing him for that mych money. Also Edwards and Anderson were performing well in camp and at the end of last season, its not just the loss of PW that is hurting our defense. Adams has stunk all year, we lost TKO early in the season and the rest of our defense we all found out was highly overrated.

5) He was declining ever so much his last couple years in Buffalo. Sometiems a change of scenery does a player wonders. Hes played well in Chicago, doesnt mean he would have done that well here.

6) I do agree with you on this pick. Ive been scratching my head all along about that one. Considering our needs at o & d-line, this was a porr choice. If the approach was "lets get some weapons around JP"(which the picks of Roscoe and Everett leans towards that) that is all well in good, but how about a big fast WR like Vincent Jackson (who was avaliable at that time)?? We have enough short WR's (Evans, Reed, Smith), dumb choice by TD.

Now im not trying to sound like an apologist for TD, b/c I am by no means that. I think some sort of house cleaning needs to be done. Either MM or TD. I think TD has had plenty of time to build a winner, so if he is let go and we start anew, then I'd have no problem with that. But some of the examples you TD haters throw out there are just retarted. If you look at all angles of his different player/coach selections, you can see that there is a method to his madness. He is not always right, but what GM is?

All I'm saying, is just look deeper into the various scenarios before spouting off.

Holy cow--I cant believe in all this misery we glossed over that the stupid bastard changed the uniforms!

TD you evil, nearsighted pimple. The day you crashed the Hindenberg into that hospital of sick babies was bad, but the uniforms...

I will forever associate those idiotic unitards with you and cant wait till you are BOTH GONE!

546298[/snapback]

He also got rid of our unique RED ENDZONES. I would love to see the endzones painted red again, silly I know, but I really liked them. I thought we had the best looking field in the NFL back then.

Regarding Marvin Lewis, when he joined the B'gals for the '03 season, the team had a fairly decent OL already in place - former 1st round tackles Jones and Anderson, 3rd round guard Mike Goff (who starts with SD now), and 3rd round center Rich Braham.

Also on the team in '03 was Corey Dillon, Chad Johnson, Jon Kitna, a healthy Peter Warrick, and the promising Rudi Johnson and T.J. Houshmanzadeh, and the #1 pick, Carson Palmer, and the luck of having guard Eric Steinback fall to round #2. Getting FA guard Bobbie Williams from PHI in '04 helped after Goff left.

The defense was pretty much a wreck, but Lewis definitely benefitted from offensive players already there or drafted his first year.

546102[/snapback]

I am not so sure Marvin Lewis would have done much more than Gregg Williams did. Part of the reason that Marvin Lewis has been so successful in Cincinnati is that the Bengals, as a franchise, had reached rock bottom, on and off the field. Mike Brown (then Bungles owner) was smart enough to realize that he needed to have a football person in the organization, to re-tool it, and appease the Bengals faithful, who had been excellent fans, but were growing increasingly impatient. (Not unlike what we are witnessing in Detroit!).

Lewis was given far more power in Cincinnati than either Gregg Williams or Mike Mularkey have in Buffalo. For better or worse, anyone who coaches the Bills has to contend with TD...it seems apparent that the coach and GM in Buffalo are not always on the same page...Lewis hasn't been hampered like this. I firmly believe, for better or worse, that Mularkey would have stuck with Bledsoe this year, as opposed to gambling everything on a very raw prospect. TD has been very successful on the business side of running the Bills, it is on the field that the team has struggled. I am not convinced that the business element doesn't take a slightly greater precedent than the "product" on the field...

546117[/snapback]

The best option for them to win a championship would have been to win that game to try to get a bye in the playoffs. This wasn't a meaningless game for the Bengals and there's no way they purposefully threw it.