So with next years Top 10 draft choice.....

ROCCEO

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My props to Mario Williams. He was awesome in yesterday's game.

That said, I'd like Ngata at DT, and think about a 3-4 with our personnel.

I like RRich's idea of acquiring Backus.

Reggie Bush, D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Vince Young, and Matt Leinart will probably be gone when we pick, or that's my assumption at this point.

Go Bills!

Mario Williams would be my choice at this point, with Kiwanuka a very close 2nd.

The Bills haven't had a good pass rush from the front four in years. They will finally have a chance to add an elite pass rusher and I don't think that's an opportunity they can afford to pass up. Big, athletic pass rushing DEs are probably the rarest of the rare in the NFL these days.

Mario Williams would be my choice at this point,  with Kiwanuka a very close 2nd.   

The Bills haven't had a good pass rush from the front four in years.  They will finally have a chance to add an elite pass rusher and I don't think that's an opportunity they can afford to pass up.  Big,  athletic pass rushing DEs are probably the rarest of the rare in the NFL these days.

513314[/snapback]

Williams is a junior, no? I'm starting to feel the same way about the dominant de position. It would make it alot easier for the dt's to roam around and seal the middle if we had a end who was getting doulbled on a consistant basis. Thus letting the dt's and the lb's roam more freely. Hmmmmm...

My props to Mario Williams. He was awesome in yesterday's game.

That said, I'd like Ngata at DT, and think about a 3-4 with our personnel.

I like RRich's idea of acquiring Backus.

Reggie Bush, D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Vince Young, and Matt Leinart will probably be gone when we pick, or that's my assumption at this point.

Go Bills!

513300[/snapback]

Backus was frogger's idea, actually.

Considering we're probably going to pick in the teens somewhere, it's a fair guess to say Bush, Ferguson, Young, and Leinart will be gone by then. More than likely, all of them will be gone by pick #10.

As of today the Bills would be picking anywhere between 10 and 15. We can't forget there teams that are much worse than the Bills. I know it's a sad commentary on the quality of the league, but it's true.

What top linemen will last beyond the 10th pick?

As of today the Bills would be picking anywhere between 10 and 15.  We can't forget there teams that are much worse than the Bills.  I know it's a sad commentary on the quality of the league, but it's true. 

What top linemen will last beyond the 10th pick?

513627[/snapback]

On the offensive side of the ball, OT Eric Winston Miami and Jonathan Scott Texas should be there. By most accounts Winston's deemed worthy a top 10 pick where Scott could fall to the 15-32 range. In terms of defense DTs Rodrigue Wright Texas seems to rank below Ngata.

"He's the next Mike Williams."

513963[/snapback]

Other than both of them going to Texas, they have little in common.

Big Mike is more like another Longhorn OL who preceeded him-Leonard Davis. Both are huge, not very athletic, but have good footwork. Scott is not as big as those two (315 as opposed to the 350-365 range both Davis and Williams were @ UT) and is more athletic. He also has a rep as a hard worker w/ no off the field issues. He's been knocked for having trouble w/ edge rushers and for not being consistent, but such negatives were also said of the guy he is often compared to in terms of playing style: Walter Jones.

Marcus McNeil

or

Winston Justice

509976[/snapback]

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ--no more MONSTER OTs...hope fully we learned our lesson...Gimme an athletic hard werking 290 pounder any day.

What we need is a talented passrusher.automatically all of our LBs and DBs will become better.That shoiuld be our first priority.

Then--we need to go FA market for 2 professional O-lineman--noy greast ones but solid...and pick one up in round 2 as well.

I don't think he is projected to be a 1st rounder, but I really like this Oshinowo kid, the DT from Stanford.  He is playing well against ND.  Reminds me of a young Pat Williams.  He eats up at least 2 blockers every play and gets an excellent jump on the snap.  I'd rather see 2 DL and a LB with the top 3 picks.  I think OL are extremely risky picks in the 1st couple rounds.  I'd rather see OL addressed in Free Agency.

513178[/snapback]

Yeah i've liked this kid for awhile and he blew up some run plays against ND playing alongside very little talent...could be a great 2nd round pick

Guest BackInDaDay
Multiple people could post their choices and all would probably make sense.

TD, of course, will select a TE/Long Snapper with an eye patch and a prosthesis.

509886[/snapback]

Is the prosthesis the strap on kind? :blink:

509935[/snapback]

He knocked his eye out bending over to tie his shoe.

Does that answer your question? :w00t:

Yeah i've liked this kid for awhile and he blew up some run plays against ND playing alongside very little talent...could be a great 2nd round pick

513984[/snapback]

For those that don't know, his name is Babtunde Oshinowo and count me in those that think he'd be a good fit with our 2nd Rounder if land an OT like Eric Winston with our first pick.

Big Mike is more like another Longhorn OL who preceeded him-Leonard Davis.  Both are huge, not very athletic, but have good footwork.  Scott is not as big as those two (315 as opposed to the 350-365 range both Davis and Williams were @ UT) and is more athletic.  He also has a rep as a hard worker w/ no off the field issues.  He's been knocked for having trouble w/ edge rushers and for not being consistent, but such negatives were also said of the guy he is often compared to in terms of playing style:  Walter Jones.

513973[/snapback]

Not to mention Scott has actually played Left OT at the college level which BIG Mike can't vouche for.

For those that don't know, his name is Babtunde Oshinowo and count me in those that think he'd be a good fit with our 2nd Rounder if land an OT like Eric Winston with our first pick.

Not to mention Scott has actually played Left OT at the college level which BIG Mike can't vouche for.

514234[/snapback]

There is that little tidbit, too.

513973[/snapback]

Maybe not. Although, highly ranked Texas lineman haven't exactly been setting the NFL on fire of late.

The part that does sound exactly like Fat Mike is the "untapped potential" business. Please, just get a guy that can play now and let's not **** around with these diamonds in the rough, maybe, could be, if Lady Luck smiles on us types.

Maybe not.  Although, highly ranked Texas lineman haven't exactly been setting the NFL on fire of late. 

The part that does sound exactly like Fat Mike is the "untapped potential" business.  Please, just get a guy that can play now and let's not **** around with these diamonds in the rough, maybe, could be, if Lady Luck smiles on us types.

514494[/snapback]

You're mistaking "hasn't reached his potential" for "hasn't shown any potential". Jonathan Vilma is a great young LB who hasn't reached his potential either. I'm not saying Scott can't play or is an adequate blocker. That's incorrect. He's very good, and will only get better.

The part that does sound exactly like Fat Mike is the "untapped potential" business.  Please, just get a guy that can play now and let's not **** around with these diamonds in the rough, maybe, could be, if Lady Luck smiles on us types.

514494[/snapback]

Amen. No Coy Wire-like experiments either. ;)