So with next years Top 10 draft choice.....

ROCCEO

Mike Kudla -  DL from Ohio State is a road-grader.  Bench presses 615 lbs.  Has a great push, doesn't take any plays off and has the speed to catch a running back on a sweep.

510051[/snapback]

Who do you like better, him or Tim Anderson?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Bills take a corner instead of a defensive or offensive lineman with their first pick they will burn down TD's office and I'll strike the first match.  :devil:

510058[/snapback]

Maybe they should take a long, hard look at a 5'10" receiver in the first round of the 2006 draft. Or they could use the pick on some other offensive skill position. That seems to be TD's way.

Winston Justice is the most overrated player in the history of college football. The guy sukks. He regularly gets beaten off the edge. He is not a dominating ORT run blocker. He is a documented character case. The left side of the USC OL is all world. Winston is the sole liability of the five.

Marcus McNeil is loved by exactly the type of morons who loved Mike Williams. What does McNeil offer? Hey, he is large. That's all you need to know to watch certain idiots just fawn over him. Want to see what David Pollack did to McNeil last year?? Who cares, he is large...

Ferguson lacks power and has been injured this year. He is, however, a genuine OLT pass protector of Top 10 caliber when healthy.

Eric Winston is playing on a surgically repaired knee and is not the player he was before the surgery.

How do you tell talent from the Draft??

A: just pick the biggest guy the gurus are talking about... which was Big Mike several years ago...

Which player would you draft in round 1 if you were GM?

510411[/snapback]

The pass protection must improve or JP will never develop. That being said, if the Bills get a top 10 pick and no OL justifies that pick, I would attempt to trade down. This Draft is deep at LB and RB, two areas the Bills don't really need a lot of immediate help. Ferguson would be the obvious OLT of the crop. However, he must prove he is healthy enough to justify the pick.

Or he'll be a great skill player at a position where they're already ridiculously deep.  Anyone know, off the top of their head, what currently starting offensive linemen they passed on to pick Parrish?

510100[/snapback]

Yeah, Khalif Barnes.

If we have a top 10 pick, which looks good at this point, Then I'd go dt. This is a really deep tackle draft, so with a top 10 pick I see no reason to draft a lt in the 1st rd. Marcus McNeil is a guy who could fall into the 2nd rd. So I'd go with one of the following for our first pick

1. DT Gabe Watson

2. Ngata

3. De Mario Williams

A Tag and trade clements for a late 1st then Gabe Watson/Marcus McNeil.

Yeah, Khalif Barnes.

510515[/snapback]

The hype in Jax about Barnes is similar to the nonsense on this board about Peters prior to Sunday. Barnes gets help on just about every play, and since he has been in there, Jax has gone to a quick throw strategy. Barnes is not allowed to go one-on-one for 4 seconds with a DE because if he did, Byron would get hit.

The hype in Jax about Barnes is similar to the nonsense on this board about Peters prior to Sunday.  Barnes gets help on just about every play, and since he has been in there, Jax has gone to a quick throw strategy.  Barnes is not allowed to go one-on-one for 4 seconds with a DE because if he did, Byron would get hit.

510538[/snapback]

So? If you are blocking for 4 seconds, you are probably holding.

7 - 3 club. :)

Yeah, Khalif Barnes.

510515[/snapback]

No

Round 2

20 52 Jacksonville Barnes, Khalif OT 6-6 305 Washington

21 53 Baltimore Cody, Dan DE 6-4 270 Oklahoma

22 54 Carolina (from Seattle) Shelton, Eric RB 6-1 246 Louisville

23 55 Buffalo Parrish, Roscoe WR 5-10 168 Miami (Fla.)

The only olinemen who went remotely after parrish was Adam Terry to Baltimore

32 64 Baltimore (from New England) Terry, Adam OT 6-8 330 Syracuse

So?

7 - 3 club. :)

510548[/snapback]

Yeah, the fact that the Jags are 7-3 proves that the Bills should have drafted Barnes??

LOL!!!

Got it!!!

The Chargers must have struck GOLD with Phil Rivers as well...

The real Jax story: playing...

Pitt without Big Ben.

Rams without Bulger, Holt, and Bruce.

Jets without a QB.

The Jags have had it very easy...

Yeah, the fact that the Jags are 7-3 proves that the Bills should have drafted Barnes??

LOL!!!

Got it!!!

The Chargers must have struck GOLD with Phil Rivers as well...

The real Jax story: playing...

Pitt without Big Ben.

Rams without Bulger, Holt, and Bruce.

Jets without a QB.

The Jags have had it very easy...

510553[/snapback]

Yeah Except they lost to the rams :)

Otherwise yes they have had it easy

Multiple people could post their choices and all would probably make sense.

TD, of course, will select a TE/Long Snapper with an eye patch and a prosthesis.

509886[/snapback]

But he'd be a high motor guy with a big (and possibly enlarged) heart.

Another WR under 6'0?  :)

509897[/snapback]

Stovall like i have said before is going to be a steal for someone in this draft. He's well spoken (not like our RB) in the interviews i've seen this year, and really dedicated himself to losing weight and being a great player this year and would be a great pick in the 2nd round or so, only because one good season of college football won't move him way up in the draft. He has speed and is a very good leaper oh yeah and he's 6-5 235. and another benefit is that he is playing this season under charlie weis in a sophisticated offense and he's thriving. He could develop into a number one WR in this league IMHO.

whoever he is, he will probably suck.

509920[/snapback]

Words from a Bills devotee that has hit rock bottom. Im in the same boat. So much so that I dont even care at this point. I wont until they get management with something going for them. Some genious that actually gets the fact that you have to have big talented linemen to win consistantly. You would think that a organization that lost 4 STRAIGHT Super Bowls becuase we got overpowered in the trenches woud get the message. What really is disturbing is that they dont. They dont even get that they are a terrible team yet. Dillusional and unaware of thier stature in the league. The Raider game was the final straw for me. They really did look like a second rate organization at that game. Not even worth cheering for.

If we have a top 10 pick, which looks good at this point,  Then I'd go dt. This is a really deep tackle draft, so with a top 10 pick I see no reason to draft a lt in the 1st rd.  Marcus McNeil is a guy who could fall into the 2nd rd.  So I'd go with one of the following for our first pick

1. DT Gabe Watson

2. Ngata

3. De Mario Williams

A Tag and trade clements for a late 1st then  Gabe Watson/Marcus McNeil.

510529[/snapback]

Gabe Watson will be gone by the time we pick, but if he's available it might look like another Pat Williams.