So with next years Top 10 draft choice.....

ROCCEO

No

Round  2

20 52 Jacksonville  Barnes, Khalif OT 6-6 305 Washington

21 53 Baltimore  Cody, Dan DE 6-4 270 Oklahoma

22 54 Carolina (from Seattle)  Shelton, Eric RB 6-1 246 Louisville

23 55 Buffalo  Parrish, Roscoe WR 5-10 168 Miami (Fla.)

The only olinemen who went remotely after parrish was Adam Terry to Baltimore

32 64 Baltimore (from New England)  Terry, Adam OT 6-8 330 Syracuse

510550[/snapback]

And I think Terry is in the doghouse...

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Justice sounds good.  Ferguson will probably be gone by the time we pick.

510258[/snapback]

Justice is a right tackle and I don't care if Matt Leinart is left handed. As we should know from Mike Williams, there is a difference between right tackles and left tackles. If we're looking at LTs in the draft no doubt D'Brickashaw is the best in this year's class. I rank Eric Winston and Jonathan Scott as the only other guys that are worth taking in the 1st Round. I've seen some rank Marcus McNeill as the second best OT but to me he's probably best suited as a right tackle.

I know people will hate it, but Who are our WR's next year?  Evans and Parrish?  No Way.

I really like WR Santonio Holmes.

Ide rather get big guy on the DL through FA and OL in the 2nd-5th rounds.

509888[/snapback]

I think Aiken will win the spot

TE Marcedes Lewis, UCLA

widely accepted as the best TE in the nation.

6-6, 256

http://uclabruins.collegesports.com/sports...marcedes00.html

i think we should get 2 very good FA O-Lineman, and a run stopping beast DT.

and with the 2nd round pick, select a DT.

510063[/snapback]

Being a UCLA alum, I have watched every game Marc has played in the last 3 year. Simply said, the guy is a beast. No one can cover him, corner to LB. UCLA loves to line him up at WR in the red zone and throw fades to him. He played hoops at UCLA before giving it up, so has a lot of the same ball skills and body position instincts that the other former hoop TEs have -- Gonzalez and Gates! He is a better receiver...decent run blocker but not his strength.

That said, given the Bills needs and the fact the drafted a TE last year, I'd rather see them go OL or DL. Marc will make a great pro and have a solid if not spectacular 10 year NFL career.

Winston Justice is the most overrated player in the history of college football.  The guy sukks.  He regularly gets beaten off the edge.  He is not a dominating ORT run blocker.  He is a documented character case.  The left side of the USC OL is all world.  Winston is the sole liability of the five.

510312[/snapback]

Justice 'sucks'?? You don't know what you are talking about. Like a lot of these players he may be overhyped, but no more so than the others. If he is beaten regularly, why has Leinart only been sacked 13 times this year? If you actually watch any of the USC games, Reggie Bush is usually not even touched until he gets into the secondary. No, Justice is a very good player. He plays RT, which is Leinart's blind side.

However, to me I am concerned about another Mike Williams, as he does have some character issues, which would make me worry about his discipline and work ethic. He has been suspended for pulling a gun on a student (turns out it was a fake gun!), and arrested for soliciting a prostitute that was a cop. Makes me wonder about all the things he has NOT been caught for! Just based on that, if there was an equal option I would stay away.

I think our biggest need is a run stuffing DT. The biggest, fattest, nastiest son of a b*$#h we can find. If nobody is available in the federal penal system, then draft him with the 1st pick. But 10-15 might be a little early for Ngata, who fits the bill. Maybe a trade down ??

Knowing TD, he picks Rod Wright, DT from TEXAS --> #1 ranked, but his weakness is that he can't stop the run. He is a 'pass rushing DT', whatever that means. Sounds like another way of saying 'high motor'.

In 2 years he'll be experimenting at DE and dropping passes in the endzone.

Nobody is thinking this, but I wouldn't be suprised if they draft a LB early..maybe 2nd or 3rd pick.

Winston Justice is the most overrated player in the history of college football.  The guy sukks.  He regularly gets beaten off the edge.  He is not a dominating ORT run blocker.  He is a documented character case.  The left side of the USC OL is all world.  Winston is the sole liability of the five.

Marcus McNeil is loved by exactly the type of morons who loved Mike Williams.  What does McNeil offer?  Hey, he is large.  That's all you need to know to watch certain idiots just fawn over him.  Want to see what David Pollack did to McNeil last year??  Who cares, he is large...

Ferguson lacks power and has been injured this year.  He is, however, a genuine OLT pass protector of Top 10 caliber when healthy.

Eric Winston is playing on a surgically repaired knee and is not the player he was before the surgery.

How do you tell talent from the Draft??

A: just pick the biggest guy the gurus are talking about...  which was Big Mike several years ago...

510312[/snapback]

Justice is decent, but like you said, overrated.

McNeill is a guy who hasn't played well this year, and his stock has been dropping all season because of it. He went into the year as the 2nd best prospect in the draft after Ferguson, now he's probably the 7th or 8th best tackle prospect.

Ferguson has played very well this year overall. I have seen him in some less than stellar moments (Syracuse game, Va Tech game), but I still believe he's the class of the tackle pool in this draft. So do the Texans, so any talk of him landing in Buffalo is not very realistic, unless we traded up to their pick. If nobody moves from their positions and things remain the same, he's going to Houston.

I disagree w/ you about Winston. I'm sure some of the fans of "The U" can give better insight (Badol, dib??), but from what I've seen, it's incredible that he's even on the field right now let alone playing as well as he has this season. Think the injury has hampered his mobility (being a former TE and all, he is pretty mobile)? Watch the Miami-Va Tech game and you'll see that isn't the case. Right now, I'd say he's the best tackle prospect in this draft after Ferguson and just ahead of a couple guys I haven't seen mentioned, but are very good and should be first round considerations:

Joe Thomas of Wisconsin (a bada** who blocks w/ attitude and proper technique, which is to be expected from a Badger OL)

Jonathan Scott of Texas (big guy @ 6-7 and 315 w/ a nice wingspan and good skills who hasn't scratched the surface of his potential yet)

Ngata, without question, he is the best player in the draft, he has size and quickness, having seen him play a few time this year, I'll tell you at 340+ he falls back into zone coverage and does pretty well. We would be very lucky to get him.

there is not one WR in this draft I would pick in the first round, which brings me to this we need to keep moulds! Also while Lewis is a good TE, we need to figure out if Everett is going to be our starting TE next year, or if this system only needs a campbell starting. I am hoping that he can regain his speed.

I would rather see what the free agency marget has on tackle before drafting one, Jeff Backus is a free agent and I like him, also there will be salery cap releases.

I think LB is also a need, not only for depth, but who knows maybe starting. this is a strong LB draft, assuming that many juniors come out.

and before you put down texas DL remember Casey Hampton and Shawn rogers are both from there, and we'd take either one of them now

"Justice is decent, but like you said, overrated. "

No, I said he sukks, and I stand by that. What is impressive about Justice? A: he reportedly runs a 4.7 40... and the announcers talk about him a lot... and his name is cool...

Yeah, that really helps him block of the edge...

SnakeOiler, just parroting the offensive production of the Trojan offense is a sure way to never get a clue. In order to assess Winston Justice, one must watch Winston Justice, not parrot and assume. I have absolute contempt for football parrots who have zero understanding of the game and get "their" "opinions" by blindly parroting announcers, stats, and gurus.

I will watch Winston closely in his Bowl game. He clearly was not 100% against FSU earlier in the season. If he is now, that is great news for the Bills, because that puts two OLTs in the top 10...

D'Brickashaw Ferguson is going to be a bust, I am sure of it. I REALLY hope the Bills stay away from him.

So, I'd rather see the team address the o-line the second. Instead, I'd love to see our new GM select: Haloti Ngata. At 6'5" and 345lbs, Ngata is a hard-nosed monster.  He punishes o-lineman and backs. Although a junior, it seems pretty certain he's going to come out. Despite getting double teamed just about every play, he has 54 tackles, including nine tackles for loss and three sacks this season. He has batted down five passes, forced and recovered a fumble, blocked two kicks and recorded a safety.

I see DT as our biggest need for the draft, so this is the guy.

509914[/snapback]

I don't know about Ferguson being a bust but Ngata is the guy I'd draft if he's available when we pick. No doubt.

Ngata, without question, he is the best player in the draft, he has size and quickness, having seen him play a few time this year, I'll tell you at 340+ he falls back into zone coverage and does pretty well.  We would be very lucky to get him.

there is not one WR in this draft I would pick in the first round, which brings me to this we need to keep moulds!  Also while Lewis is a good TE, we need to figure out if Everett is going to be our starting TE next year, or if this system only needs a campbell starting.  I am hoping that he can regain his speed. 

I would rather see what the free agency marget has on tackle before drafting one, Jeff Backus is a free agent and I like him, also there will be salery cap releases. 

I think LB is also a need, not only for depth, but who knows maybe starting.  this is a strong LB draft, assuming that many juniors come out.

and before you put down texas DL remember Casey Hampton and Shawn rogers are both from there, and we'd take either one of them now

511829[/snapback]

I like Ngata a lot. I watched him in the game against USC and was impressed not only w/ his speed (which is usually what people talk about), but in how well he does in clogging the rush lanes.

I do think he's the best player in this draft.............not named Reggie Bush, D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Vince Young, Matt Leinart, or Mario Williams.

[Side note: the more I see of Mario Williams, the more I like. I used to think Kiwanuka was far and away the best DE prospect in this draft, but not any more. I put Williams just slightly ahead of Kiwi. Their play is good news for teams needing a pass rusher, as one of them (probably Kiwi) will fall a bit to them, much like Derrick Johnson fell to KC or how Shawne Merriman inexplicably fell to San Diego later.]

Any top DT in the draft.

Ngata, Watson, Wright, Harris.

Ngata being the best of the group, if hes there, you can't pass on him.

But DT in the first is a must, IMO.

Although I wouldn't aruge if we went with an OT.

511916[/snapback]

Very sensible. Unless we somehow are in a position to get Ferguson (highly unlikely), and if Ngata is still on the board, we'd be stupid to pass him up. The only other player I could see being a consideration then would be DE Mario Williams of NC State. This kid looks like the real deal and should make a really good pro pass rusher. Other than him, and if Ferguson is gone and Ngata is still available, I sure hope the Bills draft him.

I don't think he is projected to be a 1st rounder, but I really like this Oshinowo kid, the DT from Stanford. He is playing well against ND. Reminds me of a young Pat Williams. He eats up at least 2 blockers every play and gets an excellent jump on the snap. I'd rather see 2 DL and a LB with the top 3 picks. I think OL are extremely risky picks in the 1st couple rounds. I'd rather see OL addressed in Free Agency.

I don't think he is projected to be a 1st rounder, but I really like this Oshinowo kid, the DT from Stanford.  He is playing well against ND.  Reminds me of a young Pat Williams.  He eats up at least 2 blockers every play and gets an excellent jump on the snap.  I'd rather see 2 DL and a LB with the top 3 picks.  I think OL are extremely risky picks in the 1st couple rounds.  I'd rather see OL addressed in Free Agency.

513178[/snapback]

He may be too smart to play in the NFL. He's working on his Masters AND a 2nd degree.