MNF Start Time.....

Frez

They need to change the start time of Monday Night Football. 9pm is to late for us East coasters that have to work in the morning. I won't make it past halftime, I usually never do unless it's Buffalo playing.

Why not make it 8pm Eastern time?

They need to change the start time of Monday Night Football. 9pm is to late for us East coasters that have to work in the morning. I won't make it past halftime, I usually never do unless it's Buffalo playing.

503196[/snapback]

i'd prefer they show the game later, say around 11 lol because that is usually when i'm home but obviously that is unrealistic

go bills

They tried it a few years back, and apparently the ratings suffered or the Left Coasters complained louder b/c the game started at 5 their time, even tho the population of the U.S. is overwhelmingly concentered East of the Mississippi/Continental Divide/ midwestern topographical feature of your choice.

Likewise, I almost never make it to halftime. Games often last to 12:30 - 1 a.m., and it's ever creeping longer now with them adding in more commercials.

Love the start time now that I'm in Las Vegas. Just got home from work, the game is already on. Wouldn't mind an earlier start time, I usually get home at 6pm, so not a big deal there. Sunday nighters are nice as well.

9 PM Eastern start yields maximum national prime time exposure, if you compute network prime time as 8 - 11 PM.

2hrs/e + 3hrs/c + 2hrs/m + 1hr/w = 8hrs

vs. for 8 PM E start

3hrs + 2hrs + 1hr + 0 = 6hrs

It's all for the money, bottomline.

You must be getting old. :lol:

503196[/snapback]

They tried it a few years back, and apparently the ratings suffered or the Left Coasters complained louder b/c the game started at 5 their time, even tho the population of the U.S. is overwhelmingly concentered East of the Mississippi/Continental Divide/ midwestern topographical feature of your choice.

Likewise, I almost never make it to halftime. Games often last to 12:30 - 1 a.m., and it's ever creeping longer now with them adding in more commercials.

503208[/snapback]

Actually the population center is in Missouri now which is west of the Mississippi.

I love the 6 PM start time. I can watch MNF as I am working out.

Of course, it also means Sunday FB starting at 9:00AM - which seriously kicks ass.

504149[/snapback]

I've said this before, and it doesn't really require repeating, but !@#$ it.

Getting adjusted to watching the games start at 10 a.m. after growing up on the East Coast was absolutely painful. I'd get together with a Backers group in whichever city I was living, we'd go to a bar, they'd close the doors and blind the windows and suddenly football was on and my body would forget it was only 9:30 a.m., so it would order up a beer, and some wings, and watch the games the way I always did. Unfortunately, when the game was over, it wasn't 4 p.m., it was freakin' 1 p.m. and I was already hammered and by the time the afternoon games were over, I was toast and headed to bed by 7 p.m.

Thanks god for the Ticket. If I'm going to get hammered by 1 p.m., I'm freakin' doing it at home where they appreciate a good afternoon drunkard.

I've said this before, and it doesn't really require repeating, but !@#$ it.

Getting adjusted to watching the games start at 10 a.m. after growing up on the East Coast was absolutely painful. I'd get together with a Backers group in whichever city I was living, we'd go to a bar, they'd close the doors and blind the windows and suddenly football was on and my body would forget it was only 9:30 a.m., so it would order up a beer, and some wings, and watch the games the way I always did. Unfortunately, when the game was over, it wasn't 4 p.m., it was freakin' 1 p.m. and I was already hammered and by the time the afternoon games were over, I was toast and headed to bed by 7 p.m.

Thanks god for the Ticket. If I'm going to get hammered by 1 p.m., I'm freakin' doing it at home where they appreciate a good afternoon drunkard.

504335[/snapback]

That's funny...I took to the 10am start time right away. Roll out of bed and flip on Berman...drinkin by 9:45a and done for the day before 2pm. Freakin' beautiful! Now it can be tough if you've put a real good heat on Saturday night...but, you learn to suck it up!

That's funny...I took to the 10am start time right away.  Roll out of bed and flip on Berman...drinkin by 9:45a and done for the day before 2pm.  Freakin' beautiful!  Now it can be tough if you've put a real good heat on Saturday night...but, you  learn to suck it up!

504344[/snapback]

My money says that you are up to the task!

Move back to LI Bro. Everybody misses ya! Those were good days my man.

The parties are now at my house. :rolleyes:

yes the start time totally sucks.and to think what say 13 year old kid can stay up till 1am on a school night to watch a game.i know its more of an adult game compares to say baseball(you just dont see bars full with special chicken wings for a non playoff baseball game,but u would think the nfl would want to have the "kids" as fans as early as they can get them.plus it sux for us adults to stay up that late as well.go bills