who is gonna actually pay Owens next season?

trolls_r_us

He'll be lucky to get a deal where he makes what he does in Philly

most likely, he is gonna be looking at a paycut

Even Oakland isn't going to pay him more than Moss, especially given his track record

I would expect that Owens is gonna find out that, even with all his talent, teams are gonna be reluctuant to pay him because his attitude and behavior are like a ticking time bomb

He has been destructive everywhere he has gone... who is next?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its inevitable TO ends up on the Raiders. Al Davis loves reclamation projects and renegades with attitude. TO probably feels ostracized enough that he is drawn towards the Raiders. The 2006 Raiders WR group-TO, Randy Moss, Ronald Curry and Doug Gabriel. Wow!

I think its inevitable TO ends up on the Raiders.  Al Davis loves reclamation projects and renegades with attitude.  TO probably feels ostracized enough that he is drawn towards the Raiders.  The 2006 Raiders WR group-TO, Randy Moss, Ronald Curry and Doug Gabriel.  Wow!

496390[/snapback]

I guess the bills can sign porter then right? :ph34r:

There is no chance Owens will end up as a Raider for many reasons.

It's crazy that they have 2 highly paid receivers already (Moss and Porter), but to add another would be cap suicide. They'd be sacrificing in a lot of other areas even if they did make room for Owens.

Another thing to consider would be Owens and Moss complaining about touches. Who'd get more? Who'd be #1 on the depth chart? I could just picture both of there mugs on ESPN all day, everyday. That would be annoying.

A few years back I'd say he could end up as a Redskin because Daniel Snyder was throwing big bucks everywhere for any big free agent name. I don't know if they are still doing that. Plus, Santana Moss has turned out to be an excellent #1 receiver. They could build around him.

I really don't know of any other possibilities because TO won't play for a team with a weak quarterback, as shown by his ditching of the Raven's offer. Also, what team wants to deal with his everyweek complaints?

minny would sing owens.

GB would sign him if favre would come back because of it.

i could see hotlanta signing him, and he might put a team like Pitts over the top.

he'd also tear it up in chicago.

i wonder if the ravens still want him.

Im not sure if the guy is signable by anyone at this point . I think his mental instability make him unemployable now.

496503[/snapback]

I'm sure there is at least 1 and probably several coach / GM combos out there that are convinced THEY can get TO to play to his full abilities AND not detract from their team. I'd say they are fooling themselves, but you don't get to that level without having an ego.

Every team will pass on T.O. when Tom Donahoe signs him the the Bills. He will team up with JP Losman to becoem the most lethal tandem in the NFL through week 15. Then when he starts yappin' how the team and city aren't worthy of him, we ignore him, use him until he quits trying, then dump his a$$. We know it's wrong, but wtf...it felt good while it lasted.

PTR

I'd take him in a second and do anything and everything I could to get him to perform.

He's an awesome receiver, that's the bottom line... if I can get him at a reasonable contract, hell yeah I'd take him. 20 teams shied away from Moss in the draft and look where it got them. He's one of the most electric playmakers in the game.

Would I want him to work for my company? Probably not... because it's rare that one employee can have a remarkable impact. But if it's my football team, I want him out there each and every Sunday.

Im not sure if the guy is signable by anyone at this point . I think his mental instability make him unemployable now.

496503[/snapback]

Peter King said on the radio this morning that he thought the two most likely landing places for TO were Dallas and Washington. Dallas because Parcells might be able to keep him under wraps (and Jones would likely be interested), and Washington because "Dan Snyder has yet to meet a loud mouthed free agent that he didn't love."

I personally think that ESPN is his most likely landing place to get paid - those two drama queens were made for each other. I'm so sick of this guy lashing out at his teammates.

See that's where I see things differently. It's not about getting TO's head screwed on straight. It's about getting him to line up and play hard every Sunday -- something that has never been a problem throughout his career. While Moss takes plays off and openly brags about it, TO definitely comes to play week after week. He gives the Eagles a DRAMATICALLY greater chance at winning when he's on the field. With that in mind, who cares about what he has to say in some stupid interview?

Is he a jerk? Absolutely. But a Lawrence Phillips he is not. Phillips had so many off-field problems, he could never perform on the field. NEVER. He never showed any signs of talent at the pro level. TO, on the other hand, has shown time after time why he's the best if not second best receiver in the game right now. He's electric and can change the game in one play... very few players can be described that way.

And if I'm Andy Reid, if I'm anyone in the Eagles organization, I will do anything and everything I can to get TO to line up on Sundays and produce... sweat the small stuff and reap in the dividends of wins... because that's what this game is about. Winning the championship...

I think it's a slap in the face to paying fans of the Eagles to "not" do whatever you can to enhance your chances to win. Case in point tonight, without TO they managed to lose a key divisional game against Washington. If TO was in there would they have won? I'd be inclined to say probably.

Dawgg, no offense but if Andy Reid can't the guys head on straight no one can.

He's Lawerance Phillips with a bit more talent.

496562[/snapback]

Peter King said on the radio this morning that he thought the two most likely landing places for TO were Dallas and Washington. Dallas because Parcells might be able to keep him under wraps (and Jones would likely be interested), and Washington because "Dan Snyder has yet to meet a loud mouthed free agent that he didn't love." 

I personally think that ESPN is his most likely landing place to get paid - those two drama queens were made for each other. I'm so sick of this guy lashing out at his teammates.

496596[/snapback]

Are you kidding? Then there would be a huge fight over weho is the #1 loudmouth on ESPN - Irvin or Owens. Try putting them in the same studio.

And how about the Giants? How good could Owens look alongside Burress and Shockey? Toomer is on the downside of his career, it's a big market with all the media attention you could want, and Eli is a fine QB to have throw the ball to you. And Burress shows they're willing to take chances on questionable character guys.

What many fail to understand is that their IS a point of no return with certain individuals. If not, then why was Jeff George sent packing by multiple teams, despite his cannon arm ?

He won't win a ring because good teams WON'T take a chance on him anymore. The team chemistry issue is too important.

Desperate organizations WILL take a chance on him and fail.

What many fail to understand is that their IS a point of no return with certain individuals. If not, then why was Jeff George sent packing by multiple teams, despite his cannon arm ?

He won't win a ring because good teams WON'T take a chance on him anymore. The team chemistry issue is too important.

Desperate organizations WILL take a chance on him and fail.

496657[/snapback]

George never produced like Owens did.

See that's where I see things differently.  It's not about getting TO's head screwed on straight.  It's about getting him to line up and play hard every Sunday -- something that has never been a problem throughout his career.  While Moss takes plays off and openly brags about it, TO definitely comes to play week after week.  He gives the Eagles a DRAMATICALLY greater chance at winning when he's on the field.  With that in mind, who cares about what he has to say in some stupid interview? 

Is he a jerk?  Absolutely.  But a Lawrence Phillips he is not.  Phillips had so many off-field problems, he could never perform on the field.  NEVER.  He never showed any signs of talent at the pro level.  TO, on the other hand, has shown time after time why he's the best if not second best receiver in the game right now.  He's electric and can change the game in one play... very few players can be described that way.

And if I'm Andy Reid, if I'm anyone in the Eagles organization, I will do anything and everything I can to get TO to line up on Sundays and produce... sweat the small stuff and reap in the dividends of wins... because that's what this game is about.  Winning the championship...

I think it's a slap in the face to paying fans of the Eagles to "not" do whatever you can to enhance your chances to win.  Case in point tonight, without TO they managed to lose a key divisional game against Washington.  If TO was in there would they have won?  I'd be inclined to say probably.

496610[/snapback]

Excellent post, start to finish.

There is no denying that T.O. is a pompous, "i'm better than you and I deserve to be treated accordingly" type guy. He is a media circus, loves the attention he's getting, and I think the bottom line is, he's truly going to be a headache no matter where he goes.

But like Dawg said, there is NOONE who works harder, NOONE who lines up EVERY DOWN, EVERY PLAY, and brings it like it's supposed to be brought. Off the field antics be dammed, I would want this guy on my team.

I'm not a GM or a head coach, but if he wants to rant and rave in front of the camera, f'in go ahead. Cause when he puts that uniform on and steps onto the field, he's the best receiver in the game. Period. What has he really done off the field that is so horrible besides sit in front of a tv camera and make himself look silly?

That's one headache I'd gladly deal with. No matter what, when he's on the field, he makes ANY team better. INSTANTLY.

There could be a couple teams that might show interest, but I think any contract would have a relatively low base (for him) and lots of incentives. Teams know they have to protect themselves from TO's head.

Excellent post, start to finish.

But like Dawg said, there is NOONE who works harder, NOONE who lines up EVERY DOWN, EVERY PLAY, and brings it like it's supposed to be brought.  Off the field antics be dammed, I would want this guy on my team. 

That's one headache I'd gladly deal with.  No matter what, when he's on the field, he makes ANY team better.  INSTANTLY.

496691[/snapback]

I think no team needs a great wide out as much as the Eagles do and even they wont start him now. What does that tell you? I agree with one thing, he does make a team better instantly. For ONE game! After that things start to deteriorate.