who is gonna actually pay Owens next season?

trolls_r_us

Wow I was off, but that doesn't efefct my point. TO is obviously a big help to a team when he is not on one of his tirads, but when he is, he's not worth what it does to the team.

497280[/snapback]

How exactly do you figure? I am serious. These guys are pros. They are paid exorbitant amounts of money to pay attention, practice hard, learn their assignments, study film and play their ass off in the games. Nothing that TO does or says should have any effect on any of that. If it does, that's their fault, IMO. Just don't listen to the guy. Do your job. They were 13-1 with him, barely held on in the game he got hurt and then were 0-2 without him. They did pretty good in the playoffs, especially against a good Atlanta team and won two games at home. Almost everyone was surprised. Now, they are likely to finish at the bottom or middle of their division. For one reason, they don't have Terrel Owens. Is he an ass of the highest order? Of course. But teammates should not play lousy because a teammate is a punk. Linemen should not be allowing their man to beat them betcause Terrel Owens is a sh--head. The Eagles players will be playing worse because they don't have Terrel Owens out there blocking and catching the ball and making other teams completely revamp their defense to defend him, not because Terrel Owens says stupid shitt when the game isn't being played.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dawgg, no offense but if Andy Reid can't the guys head on straight no one can.

He's Lawerance Phillips with a bit more talent.

496562[/snapback]

ya just a bit... he's a phenomenon. I mean look how good Philly was without him yesterday.. They're doomed

I think no team needs a great wide out as much as the Eagles do and even they wont start him now. What does that tell you? I agree with one thing, he does make a team better instantly. For ONE game! After that things start to deteriorate.

496715[/snapback]

hmm for one game???

ONE GAME????

Look at his performance last year. Can you agree with the statement that if he had been 100% during the SB that the Patriots would have one less championship ring this season. Did you see how he humiliated Champ Bailey like he was a rookie CB last week? He's incredible, he draws 2 - 3 players on him, he could score on any play. I'd take him in a heartbeat with an incentive contract. Pointe finale

How exactly do you figure? I am serious. These guys are pros. They are paid exorbitant amounts of money to pay attention, practice hard, learn their assignments, study film and play their ass off in the games. Nothing that TO does or says should have any effect on any of that. If it does, that's their fault, IMO. Just don't listen to the guy. Do your job. They were 13-1 with him, barely held on in the game he got hurt and then were 0-2 without him. They did pretty good in the playoffs, especially against a good Atlanta team and won two games at home. Almost everyone was surprised. Now, they are likely to finish at the bottom or middle of their division. For one reason, they don't have Terrel Owens. Is he an ass of the highest order? Of course. But teammates should not play lousy because a teammate is a punk. Linemen should not be allowing their man to beat them betcause Terrel Owens is a sh--head. The Eagles players will be playing worse because they don't have Terrel Owens out there blocking and catching the ball and making other teams completely revamp their defense to defend him, not because Terrel Owens says stupid shitt when the game isn't being played.

497285[/snapback]

If what you say is really how it is then TO wouldn’t be a problem, but obviously NFL players don't just ignore players like TO, it does effect them. Perhaps it shouldn’t with the money they make, and I'm not disputing or arguing with that, but it does, and both teams he played for admitted that. If a team had a ton of cap space and was one player away, I might sign him to a one year deal, anything longer then that and he will kill your team.

ya just a bit... he's a phenomenon.  I mean look how good Philly was without him yesterday.. They're doomed

497286[/snapback]

This isn't last years Eagles namely because TO wasn't acting like this last year. This years Eagles are doomed either way, they went 4-3 with him, with a miracle win against the Chargers, and are 0-1 without him.