Bad Call

gggbills

You all know what I am talking about, was that a catch by the Pats on that second TD drive....you know, the one that the refs so-called reviewed. I was in a bar that was half filled with Pats fans, and even they did not think the guy caught the ball. What's say you all.....catch or not?

You all know what I am talking about, was that a catch by the Pats on that second TD drive....you know, the one that the refs so-called reviewed.  I was in a bar that was half filled with Pats fans, and even they did not think the guy caught the ball.  What's say you all.....catch or not?

490840[/snapback]

No, it was not a catch. None of the announcers thought it was a catch either. What a joke.

and the one after that wasn't a catch either. the refs really f***ed the bills over in the 4th qrtr, the moulds push off was a very weak call.

490914[/snapback]

YES...MOST OF THE BILLS PENALTIES WERE WEAK CALLS...sigh

and the one after that wasn't a catch either. the refs really f***ed the bills over in the 4th qrtr, the moulds push off was a very weak call.

490914[/snapback]

Not to mention the missed no-call against the Pats when the hit #92 in the back on a play. He even got up and said, "What the hell, ref?!"

Definately seemed like the refs were out to help the Pats in the 4th. Still, we should've scored some points in the first three quarters. :angry:

CW

490914[/snapback]

Macguire started to say that you don't call a weak OPI call that late in a close game, but quickly hushed up and started to sing a different tune.

Not to mention the missed no-call against the Pats when the hit #92 in the back on a play.  He even got up and said, "What the hell, ref?!"

Definately seemed like the refs were out to help the Pats in the 4th.  Still, we should've scored some points in the first three quarters. :angry:

CW

490928[/snapback]

yeah it is a shame that the bills played better than the pats and still lost. the pats stole that game.

You all know what I am talking about, was that a catch by the Pats on that second TD drive....you know, the one that the refs so-called reviewed.  I was in a bar that was half filled with Pats fans, and even they did not think the guy caught the ball.  What's say you all.....catch or not?

490840[/snapback]

Don't worry about it too much- just enjoy the fact that we had the "chamnps" on the ropes, and they are going down the drain

!@#$ no it wasn't a catch! even some blind folk could see that sh--! !@#$ it!

490872[/snapback]

Thank you, I was drinking so I thought I might have been wrong. I am SOO tired of the Pats getting those kind of calls. What would the papers in the morning have been writing if we had beaten them? Bills beat Pats and Tedy....instead, they can now write their made for TV movie story.

We got Fuc@, again, by a ref, in Pats land. It is hard for me to even respect a team like that when we get so clearly screwed that way. I know Pats Trolls will think I am whinning, but I really do not care. In a game that close where the Pats are having trouble moving the ball, you simple can not F-up a call that is SOOOOO clear to anyone that can see out of half of one eye. Sad, very sad day for the Bills.

Many people thought that we would be killed tonite. It is so sad to actually put up a great fight only to have some moron of a ref give the game to the Pats. I cannot tell you how bad I feel about this game tonite.

unless they changed the rule that the ball can't move after hitting the ground, then NO, it wasn NOT a catch.......

On top of that, the rest of the Refs calls were terrible.

With the announcing Pats lovefest, and the terrible refs calls.....this might be the most discusting game I ever had to watch......

490840[/snapback]

No it was not. If you look closely at the review, you see the end of the ball hit the ground, and the ball's knocked loose, completely out of his arm, and he falls on it. By the NFL's own rule, even if he had possession going down, he did not complete the requisite "football action" to make it possession and a catch (which, by the way, is a terminally stupid rule).

Problem is...it was very tough to see. Rather subtle, and partially blocked by his arm. It was conclusive IF you saw it...but it was easy to miss, particularly on a time limit (took me more than 90 seconds to see it). Guess the ref just missed it. C'est la guerre.

Thank you, I was drinking so I thought I might have been wrong.  I am SOO tired of the Pats getting those kind of calls.  What would the papers in the morning have been writing if we had beaten them?  Bills beat Pats and Tedy....instead, they can now write their made for TV movie story.

We got Fuc@, again, by a ref, in Pats land.  It is hard for me to even respect a team like that when we get so clearly screwed that way.  I know Pats Trolls will think I am whinning, but I really do not care.  In a game that close where the Pats are having trouble moving the ball, you simple can not F-up a call that is SOOOOO clear to anyone that can see out of half of one eye.  Sad, very sad day for the Bills.

Many people thought that we would be killed tonite.  It is so sad to actually put up a great fight only to have some moron of a ref give the game to the Pats.  I cannot tell you how bad I feel about this game tonite.

490953[/snapback]

Lets be realistic. We collapsed down the stretch after the 2nd booth review. Our offensive line had a better game but NOT their pass blocking. Truthfully I didn't think we played that well to begin with. I felt like we were matching the Patriots intensity in the first half. When we got up to a 9 point lead in the fourth after we couldn't move the ball, I thought that we blew two opportunites to seperate ourselves from NE.

how come they only have one camera angle when reviewing calls against the patriots, yet every other challenge in the league has at least 5 different angles on the play?

That was not a catch, even from that crappy angle. and i don't believe that was the only camera on the play at that time, especially on a nationally televised game.

how come they only have one camera angle when reviewing calls against the patriots, yet every other challenge in the league has at least 5 different angles on the play? 

That was not a catch, even from that crappy angle.  and i don't believe that was the only camera on the play at that time, especially on a nationally televised game.

491173[/snapback]

where was their damn sky cam that they masterbate over the entire pregame? oh thats right, it would have showed an incomplete pass, we cant have the pats lsoe in the brushi comeback game...

I hated how the refs made Holcomb fumble and then to top it off the refs made Holcomb throw a two yard pass on fourth and seven. Those rat bastards.

You guys did get screwed on those two plays. On the 4th down, the Pats left a guy wide open deep down the middle of the field, but the ref noticed and dragged him to the ground.

Damn refs! :angry:

The whining about the refs is tired. The Bills lost this game themselves and if anybody just gave it to 'em it was the coaching staff who gift wrapped it and Kelly Holcomb who delivered it. We dominated but as bad teams often do we couldn't put the opponent away and it came back to haunt us. Next rebuilding decade please.

Sounds like more than a few of you need the Wahhhhmbulance.

491446[/snapback]

That was not a catch and the PI on Moulds was nothing more than "protecting" NE by the ref's. Even your DB was laughing that Moulds was flagged.....

Mr. Helmet, you and your Patsies may rot in hell.

I can only imagine how pissed you guys would be if the Bills were penalized for committing an "unnatural act." :angry:

491480[/snapback]

No, that was just !@#$ing hilarious.

I won't complain about Branch's catch...I don't believe it was a catch, but I had to stare at the tape for a good while before I saw anything that convinced me. It was tough to distinguish.

That PI call against Moulds, though...that was atrocious. Sure, technically he pushed off...but I have never seen such a nit-picky call before in my life. Nobody ever calls that, particularly that late in a close game. Bush league call.

But then, pretty much everything about the game was bush league. Ugly-ass game.

That PI call against Moulds, though...that was atrocious.  Sure, technically he pushed off...but I have never seen such a nit-picky call before in my life.

You didn't watch the Bills/Pats game in '98 where Henry Jones drew the PI call in the endzone? You know, the one that Tagliabue came out and said was a terrible call that should never have been made, especially not in a close game? The one where he said the refs should never determine the outcome of the game, the players should?

What do those two instances have in common?

CW

You didn't watch the Bills/Pats game in '98 where Henry Jones drew the PI call in the endzone?  You know, the one that Tagliabue came out and said was a terrible call that should never have been made, especially not in a close game?  The one where he said the refs should never determine the outcome of the game, the players should?

What do those two instances have in common?

CW

491700[/snapback]

Don't even MENTION that game to me. That still makes me violently angry.

But I never saw that play. I was blind with rage after that out-of-bounds-a-yard-short first down conversion. :angry:

I can only imagine how pissed you guys would be if the Bills were penalized for committing an "unnatural act." :(

491480[/snapback]

A presnap penalty on a 3rd & 4 play which the Bills were going to convert anyway was slightly less significant than the Moulds PI....

But yeah, whatever.

Sounds like more than a few of you need the Wahhhhmbulance.

491446[/snapback]

Why? Because the truth hurts? Your team has the ref in their back pocket every game. They dont need indisputable evidence. The receiver bobbled it just enough that it did hit the ground. Most people can see that.

As far as whining about the QB and the coach? Well,Im not whining about it,but the truth is this team does not deserve to go to the playoffs the way they make stupid calls with the game on the line. Its time for Donahoe to take a hike and take his coach with him and put Losman back in there,because hes got to start learning ON the field...not warming the bench.