Holcomb RIPS his o-line

http://fantasyfootball.rotoworld.com/conte...s.asp?sport=NFL

Kelly Holcomb blamed his offensive line for the Bills woes all season.

"We had some protection problems. Their defensive line put some pressure on us. I don't think I've ever been hit so much. Even after the play was over, I was getting hit.'' While he's speaking the truth, it's not a great idea for a QB to abuse his O-line publicly.

"We had some protection problems. Their defensive line put some pressure on us. I don't think I've ever been hit so much. Even after the play was over, I was getting hit.'' While he's speaking the truth, it's not a great idea for a QB to abuse his O-line publicly.

484114[/snapback]

i wouldnt block for his ass anymore, thats all this team needs

I say it's about time they get ripped by the qb, they've only sucked ass for the last five years.

Kelly, I've got some news for you. Your gonna have to put up with it one more week than you can head back to the safety of the bench.

484114[/snapback]

The o-line does deserve a little blame. I mean the pressure right up the middle was constant and Holcomb did take a beating. He probably got hit 80 percent of his pass attempts. Holcomb should have also criticized the coaching. RUN THE BALL.

Our o-line can run block better than they can pass block. We have the 4th leading rusher in the NFL. I beg the coaches no matter what before the game say hey we will be patient and we will not get pass happy and give Willis ATLEAST 28 rushes every single week.

484114[/snapback]

Well, honestly, what did everyone expect? This is a team that had high expectations. It's just about time for every thing to fall apart at the seems, methinks. Let 'em call out the O-line. What the hell's it going to hurt?

I don't have any problem with QB ripping his line. Jim Kelly used to do it during his first couple of seasons with Buffalo until the o-line figured out that Kelly really wanted to win games for a change. The critism is justified, but blame is not limited to the o-line. The greatest defense on earth couldn't stop an average running back today. The greatest RB on earth couldn't do much today. Imagine that -- having the greatest defense on earth and the greatest RB on earth and we still can't win. Now, why is that exactly?

484114[/snapback]

JP took the same hits....and was punished for being quiet...he lost his job

Guest BackInDaDay
JP took the same hits....and was punished for being quiet...he lost his job

484182[/snapback]

... and you can bet that Mularkey, by way of Donahoe, will hang that same threat over Kelly's head if continues to publicly criticize the 'on the cheap' O-line.

Hey Mike, how does it feel to be TD's butt-boy? I lost all respect for this guy after he let the old man and his henchman smoke his young QB. Screw these guys! This team is the worst hands I can remember, and I've got a long memory.

484114[/snapback]

I was wondering why bb.com didn't have the post game interviews...

Guest BackInDaDay

484196[/snapback]

Technical difficulties.

The QB's being difficult, and TD needs to get 'technical' on his a$$!

... and you can bet that Mularkey, by way of Donahoe, will hang that same threat over Kelly's head if continues to publicly criticize the 'on the cheap' O-line.

Hey Mike, how does it feel to be TD's butt-boy?  I lost all respect for this guy after he let the old man and his henchman smoke his young QB.  Screw these guys!  This team is the worst hands I can remember, and I've got a long memory.

484192[/snapback]

I feel the same as you with the respect deal,,,,,mularkey stated this in his ask the coach column this week about changing qt back ......the answer to the question from mularkey was "and thats why the decision to change qtback CAME DOWN"...........

Not that big a deal IMO.  I saw the Jets press conference last week and Vinny essentially said the same thing; and our pass-rush wasn't even as good as the Raiders this week.

484210[/snapback]

I just heard/saw the quote on TV. He seemed more focused on talking about how good their D-Line was rather than "ripping" his O-Line. Rather matter-of-fact in his commentary.

This was something I definitely noticed during the game. Holcomb took some nasty shots right from the start, nearly every time he dropped back to pass. Our line's inability to keep their defenders off of him was pathetic.

484114[/snapback]

Yea, right! Jimbo did that all the time. And they picked up their play. Otherwise, they knew they'd be bagging groceries the next week if they didn't get their sh*t together.

I say it's about time they get ripped by the qb, they've only sucked ass for the last five years.

Kelly, I've got some news for you. Your gonna have to put up with it one more week than you can head back to the safety of the bench.

484127[/snapback]

Amen brother!

Another Holcomb quote..."You don't ever want to say this as a football team, but they were more physical than we were,".

I'm glad he's saying this stuff. A rook like JP probably cannot get away with saying these things but Holcomb is a Vet and has been around the block for several years. He has earned the right to be critical and hopefully bruise a few feelings on the O-line.. Our O-line is not "nasty" at all. They're like a bunch of nice guys getting abused out there.

The o-line does deserve a little blame.  I mean the pressure right up the middle was constant and Holcomb did take a beating.  He probably got hit 80 percent of his pass attempts.  Holcomb should have also criticized the coaching.  RUN THE BALL. 

Our o-line can run block better than they can pass block.  We have the 4th leading rusher in the NFL.  I beg the coaches no matter what before the game say hey we will be patient and we will not get pass happy and give Willis ATLEAST 28 rushes every single week.

484132[/snapback]

We ran the ball plenty to little or no effect while at the same time, the Raiders were marching up and down the field at random. We needed to get the ball downfield to try and keep pace.

This isn't a simple problem of just running more or passing more. On defense you have a line that is soft against the run at both ends and in one tackle spot. They also are unable to put pressure on the QB without blitzing DB's which leaves you wide open both short and long in the backfield if you don't get the QB and most of the time, we don't. On offense, you have a never-was at QB, an O-line that can't pass block and run blocks only slightly better, you have a line that can't seem to go more than a few plays without a flag for hands to the face or holding. Add in a game plan that allows the defense to pretty much ignore anything more than 15 yards from the LOS and you are lucky if you can put up more than a touchdown or two each game.

If they play anything like they did on Sunday for the rest of the year, we can look forward to a top 6 draft pick and a new GM although I wouldn't be surprised if Clements takes the blame and gets canned.

It does look like Clements is the leading candidate for this yrs. TD/front office scapegoat. Not that he doesn't deserve some votes. He will be looking at the bottom of the bus by the end of the season. TD will have to sacrifice somebody for Ralph.

484196[/snapback]

And I'll be wagering that the "Ask the Coach" and "Ask the GM" articles won't be running this week, after all the zingers they got after the loss to the Falcons. They didn't have one after the loss to the Saints. Then when they got a W, it started up again. These guys don't want to face much criticism and have their 'grand scheme' !@#$-ups brought to light.

484114[/snapback]

Once again would you rather have nobody speak up? I don't understand this. The last time someone spoke up, we were successful (Moulds).

If Holcomb can criticize the O-line, then he's fair game for fumbling a shotgun snap that hit him in the hands. 

PTR

484146[/snapback]

Why was he in the shotgun? Oh yeah, to buy him time. Thanks again, OL.

484114[/snapback]

Good!! It is about time someone stepped up and said the the offensive line sucks a**!

He will probably be disciplined, because no one but MM/TD are allowed to publicly call out a player.

Another Holcomb quote..."You don't ever want to say this as a football team, but they were more physical than we were,".

I'm glad he's saying this stuff.  A rook like JP probably cannot get away with saying these things but Holcomb is a Vet and has been around the block for several years.  He has earned the right to be critical and hopefully bruise a few feelings on the O-line..  Our O-line is not "nasty" at all.  They're like a bunch of nice guys getting abused out there.

484357[/snapback]

What exactly has Holcomb accomplished in this league that he has "earned" the right to call out teammates in the media? Just because he's been in the league for a long time?

It's a bad move for a QB to all out his line publicly. Privately, sure, have at it. But at the first sign of trouble what does Holcomb do? He passes the buck. That's just great.

If Jimbo was still here they would have had to put a straight jacket and muzzle on him.

It is about time this line is called out on the carpet. No player has really done it until now. Maybe it will have a positive effect. It sure as hell can't be any worse.

Why was he in the shotgun?  Oh yeah, to buy him time.  Thanks again, OL.

484664[/snapback]

Nice, blaming the Oline because the QB couldn't handle a snap.

I guess the Bills Oline in the glory years sucked too as I recall J. Kelly in the shotgun many times.

If Jimbo was still here they would have had to put a straight jacket and muzzle on him.

It is about time this line is called out on the carpet. No player has really done it until now. Maybe it will have a positive effect. It sure as hell can't be any worse.

484765[/snapback]

Why doesn't the Veteran Moulds call out the line...He did call out for a change

at the QB position.....Reasons....the rookie is not going to talk back at you...

Moulds does not have the guts to do the right thing...My feeling is he will be

gone at the end of this year.....

If this season continues the way I think it is I'm starting to agree Moulds is gone with his age and salary and he won't be the only one. Vincent, Milloy, Fletcher, Posey, Vill., Teague, Campbell, . There are a lot of veteran candidates.

Your right why doesn't Moulds step up and say something about the line. He's not dumb, he knows what the problem is, but maybe he has behind closed doors.

If they get their asses handed to them next week it could get real interesting at One Bills Drive.

Why doesn't the Veteran Moulds call out the line...He did call out for a change

at the QB position.....Reasons....the rookie is not going to talk back at you...

Moulds does not have the guts to do the right thing...My feeling is he will be

gone at the end of this year.....

484768[/snapback]

He wasn't JP's go-to receiver, and for some reason they didn't click. He decided to speak against the rookie, thinking people would put stock into what he said. And some people did, especially the ones that mattered. Now, over three weeks with a MINDBLOWING average of 40 yards a game, it's pretty evident that said QB wasn't the only factor in our losses.

Moulds should worry about Moulds. And yeah, since NFL salaries can only be reduced 10% per year (IIRC), I'd say he's gone next year. He knows TD's tendencies to draft replacements a year in advance.... and RP was our first pick.

Memo to EM:

1) Grasping at straws doesn't work

2) Sh-- floats to the top.