Admit it:

Close to perfect on field goals on the season. Even forcing a touchback today.

and his little problem of not hitting field goals past the 40 yard line? I think today should quiet that thought for a little while

477239[/snapback]

Shhhh, dont be too loud!

I admit, I wanted him out of here. I thought he had the ability to be a good kicker, but needed a change of scenery to do so. I am very happy to see him being so sucessful. I still have little confidence in him...but if he keeps going at this rate, he will earn it.

It's GOTTA be the long snapper.

477250[/snapback]

I think there's more to that than anybody would have believed at all last year.

Let that be a lesson boys and girls, the next time you hear a feel good story about some player/coach - be on guard.

I think there's more to that than anybody would have believed at all last year.

Let that be a lesson boys and girls, the next time you hear a feel good story about some player/coach - be on guard.

Well, you can't help but feel for the kid and want to see him succeed. And to his partial credit, he was great on punts. But I don't think the NFL is to the point of super-specialization, needing a long snapper for punts AND one for kicks.

and his little problem of not hitting field goals past the 40 yard line? I think today should quiet that thought for a little while

477239[/snapback]

LOL! Only when he makes 40-45 yard FG's consistently will I shut up. Anything from under 40 is a given for any other kicker in this league so those don't count.

He was the subject today of a Q&A in todays Rochester paper.

I was kind of surprised to hear him say that his favorite sport is baseball. Usually whatever sport a player plays in that's his favorite?? Well leave it to a kicker. Not that I'm complaining, just kind of surpirsed and shocked to hear his honest answer.

477239[/snapback]

I hate to admit it , but maybe i was wrong on this guy. I still go into every kick expecting him to miss, but that 50 yrder was dam impressive.

I was kind of surprised to hear him say that his favorite sport is baseball.  Usually whatever sport a player plays in that's his favorite??  Well leave it to a kicker.  Not that I'm complaining, just kind of surpirsed and shocked to hear his honest answer.

Strange, I'd think most kickers are soccer fans. And I know some football players whose favorite sport is basketball.

I was kind of surprised to hear him say that his favorite sport is baseball.  Usually whatever sport a player plays in that's his favorite??  Well leave it to a kicker.  Not that I'm complaining, just kind of surpirsed and shocked to hear his honest answer.

477328[/snapback]

Phew thank god he's not a soccer pansy.

This is 2 weeks in a row he has made a critical kick longer than 40.

Last week against Miami he hit the 40+ yarder to force a touchdown by Miami and this week the 52 yarder at the end of the half was money! He would have hit that from 55

I'll admit i was for getting rid of lindell, but through 6 games, he's really redeemed himself. That 52 yarder was clutch at the end o the half, and then he hit the 40 yarder in the 4th quarter. Go Rian! Glad to see you come around.

I still have no confidence in him. Hes had a nice year so far. But a few good games in pretty good weather still dont make up for his failings last year.

When he's back in the situation he was in last year and this time comes through, then I'll revise my opinion of him.

I think the new snapper and knowing his head was on a chopping block inspired him. This will be the best year of his career (mark my words). Hopefully the Bills can take advantage.

I'd also like to see how Lindell responds if we are down by 2 with 4 seconds on the clock of the 4th quarter, and he has a 41 yard makeable field goal attempt.

I will sing his praises when he makes that kick. Until then, I still cheer when he boots them through the uprights, but am still a little cautious in singing Lindell's praises.

I hate to admit it , but maybe i was wrong on this guy. I still go into every kick expecting him to miss, but that 50 yrder was dam impressive.

I'll eat the Crow as well. I didn't think he had it in him, but the last 2 weeks his kicking has been fantastic and clutch, in a Jeter-esque way. Go Rian!!

welcome to another edition of "We are Never Happy" on TBD...so until he kicks 7 50 yards in the Super Bowl..some of you will not be impressed????

477886[/snapback]

Clutch kick in December [equals] seven fifty yarders in the Super Bowl?

ROTFL!

welcome to another edition of "We are Never Happy" on TBD...so until he kicks 7 50 yards in the Super Bowl..some of you will not be impressed????

477886[/snapback]

If he HAS to kick 7 50-yarders, we have a serious problem anyways! :w00t:

477239[/snapback]

the 50 yarder was very nice. i really didnt think he was going to make it. but he did. i will give him credit for that.

then the touchback on the next kickoff.... was SPECTACULAR. that was very impressive. especially comming right after the FG. thank you Lindell.

i was a big supporter of bringing in another kicker in the off season. even drafting a kicker in the 2nd round. but lindell has played great so far.

keep it up. :w00t:

LOL!  Only when he makes 40-45 yard FG's consistently will I shut up.  Anything from under 40 is a given for any other kicker in this league so those don't count.

477264[/snapback]

He's 5 of 6 from beyond 40 this year. Give the guy a little credit for his play this year. He has been just short of perfect. If he makes 13-15 beyond 40 by the end of the year, do you comeback with..."Oh yeah, but none of them with the game on the line!"?? :w00t: