Dont know if this has been posted but

Buffalo and Green Bay said to be interested.....

This is a player we should get

473511[/snapback]

He's a monster run blocker but not an effective pass blocking OG. I can't imagine why they'd want to move him unless it's related to protecting Brees on passing downs.

Great. The last time I watched an Italian play football, I was watching this trainwreck.

Notice especially the three year overall completion rate of 36.7%, followed next by his 12 TDs and 21 picks.

Italians should never play football and never make beer.

473528[/snapback]

Sage advice.

Can we make that stick with Vinny Testicleverde coming to town this weekend?

Sage advice.

Can we make that stick with Vinny Testicleverde coming to town this weekend?

473538[/snapback]

Worked pretty well with Gino Torretta and Giovanni Carmazzi, so I don't see why not.

Then again, Dan Pastorini wasn't bad for awhile, and neither were Gino Cappelletti, Nick Buoniconti (much as it pains me to admit) or Gino Marchetti. Or Franco Harris. :doh:

But Hammer07 is right... Fonoti is Samoan!

why is he on the block?

473518[/snapback]

Maybe because he's damaged goods and the Chargers know they have better options. As per this article from last week states he needs to have second surgery on his injured hand that would keep him out of the lineup for at least two more weeks. He might be better than Anderson but still think he is a big tub of goo that I would let someone else take.

Why is it that every time a decent player comes up on the block there is always a certain group who doesn't want him because for whatever reason things didn't work out with the former team.....

Is it any wonder that we have no line.....we dont take CHANCES TO IMPROVE IT.....

I would flip a 5th round pick at the Chargers for this guy in a heartbeat

Why is it that every time a decent player comes up on the block there is always a certain group who doesn't want him because for whatever reason things didn't work out with the former team.....

Is it any wonder that we have no line.....we dont take CHANCES TO IMPROVE IT.....

I would flip a 5th round pick at the Chargers for this guy in a heartbeat

473550[/snapback]

As stated before he's damaged goods who happens to be in the final year of his contract. Not to mention if he was so valuable the Chargers wouldn't be so easily willing to let him go. I don't mind improving the team but I don't consider Fonuti a significant upgrade to Anderson.

Great. The last time I watched an Italian play football, I was watching this trainwreck.

Notice especially the three year overall completion rate of 36.7%, followed next by his 12 TDs and 21 picks.

473528[/snapback]

Mathison/Ferragamo was bad enough. Thank GOD I'm too young to remember Marangi..

Worked pretty well with Gino Torretta and Giovanni Carmazzi, so I don't see why not.

Then again, Dan Pastorini wasn't bad for awhile, and neither were Gino Cappelletti, Nick Buoniconti (much as it pains me to admit) or Gino Marchetti.  Or Franco Harris.  :doh:

But Hammer07 is right... Fonoti is Samoan!

473541[/snapback]

That guy who played QB for the Dolphins for a couple years, what was his name? Ah, yeah, Dan Marino...Then there's that had a sandwich or two as QB with the Niners.

That Lombardi guy turned out to be a decent football coach.

All members of the Italian American Sports Hall of Fame.

Then there's that little-known DT Tony Siragusa...

To name a few...besides the QB coming into town this weekend (who was previously mentioned...).

All members of the Italian American Sports Hall of Fame.

473560[/snapback]

As is Vince Ferragamo. And Torretta too. :doh: I guess they'll let anybody in.

Then again, there's also Alan Ameche, Dante Lavelli... and, of course, Daryle Lamonica. Brian Piccolo as well.

So much for the original favorite #89 - Sweet Lou, and Villapiano didn't quite suck.

473602[/snapback]

We could go all day.

Joe Danelo kicked the game-winner in the Bills' epic win at the Orange Bowl in 1983.

473528[/snapback]

Hopefully the Italian QB in the green uni this weekend will play like Marangi...Hey Goomba--you throw like a fuggin sissy...

Yeeha ! He's injured with a boken hand. Hurry up and get here for rehab.  :blink:

473682[/snapback]

On the plus side it should slow down his eating so he might drop a few pounds...

I'd rather have an OG that can pass block a little bit rather than another "road-grader" The middle of our line is practically non-existant on passing downs. That being said, he is young, has a decent pedigree and may yet be salvagebale, but i don't think he's the plug-and-play solution some might wish he was.