US Becoming a Nation of Pansies

boomerjamhead

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wife and i just picked up 2 cases of wine from the locals on the wine trail past buffalo last weekend . gave 2 bottles to the tailgate party to give away.i did drink beer at the tailgate party and in the game they sell no wine so we drink beer .

As I'm reading this post I am reminded of the song called "Alcohol" by Brad Paisley. Can't get it out of my head! :doh:

Alcohol

Brad Paisley (ASCAP)

I can make anybody pretty

I can make you believe any lie

I can make you pick a fight

With somebody twice your size

I been known to cause a few break ups

I been known to cause a few births

I can make you new friends

Or I can make you say bad words

1st Chorus

And since the day I left Milwaukee

Lynchburg and Bordeaux France

Been making the bars lots of big money

And helping white people dance

I got you in trouble in high school

But college, now that was a ball

You had some of the best times

You'll never remember with me

Alcohol

Alcohol

I got blamed at your wedding reception

For your best man's embarrassing speech

And also for those

Naked pictures of you at the beach

I've influenced kings and world leaders

I helped Hemmingway write like he did

And I'll bet you a drink or two that I can make you

Put that lampshade on your head

2nd Chorus

'Cause since the day I left Milwaukee

Lynchburg and Bordeaux France

Been making a fool out of folks just like you

And helping white people dance

I'm medicine and I am poison

I can help you up or make you fall

You had some of the best times

You'll never remember with me

Alcohol

Alcohol

Repeat 1st Chorus

Wine has more alcohol then beer.

441038[/snapback]

Well, you are not drinking the right beer. 0:)

Here are my thoughts on the subject. You can match beer with food, just like you match wine. You get the right type of beer, served properly, and it will equal any properly matched wine served properly. The problem is that you have people drinking the crappier beers and they will not match up with wine. You cannot just pick up any beer and expect it to go well with the food.

Take the time and effort to match the beer with the food, just like you match the wine with the food. Your appreciation of beer will increase DRAMATICALLY.

Take the time and effort to match the beer with the food, just like you match the wine with the food. Your appreciation of beer will increase DRAMATICALLY.

441126[/snapback]

Exactly. Here is a great article about appreciating craft beers with food.

http://beeradvocate.com/news/stories_read/643/

What we need is a wake-up call to both brewers and restaurateurs. We need brewers and their distributors to put some real focus and actual effort on selling quality craft beer to fine dining establishments, and restaurateurs to simply just wake the hell up.

This should be an easy task. It's a fact that because beer is so versatile, it pairs better with food than wine. There's more complexity in the range of a single beer style than there is for wine. Beer is also perfect for infusing with food, and, like wine, many beers can be cellared and sold as vintage. Pair this with proper presentation and glassware, and restaurateurs could have a lot of fun integrating the No. 1 alcoholic beverage in America into their menus.

Beer is great, and me personally i dont like wine...or what any of you would call wine...the only wine i will drink is the $3 bottle of arbor mist or risling, the cheap stuff 0:)

441202[/snapback]

Check again dumbass... Reisling, the one you like... is not a cheap wine.

Hey, you may have some tastes in finer foods after all!

Maybe its because America beer sucks?  While American wine can hold its own?

441230[/snapback]

very true. I will further add Canadian beer sucks <duck>. That is unless you like skunky beers. Belgium, German, Czech beers- now those are some great beers!

We suck like the French.

440741[/snapback]

I don't know about that. If you call drinking the pisswater that passes as american beer manly, I might have to disagree. Bud? Pisswater. Coors? Pisswater. Genny? Pisswater. If that's what Americans drink, THEY are the pansies. If you want a manly beer, drink Guiness.

There ain't nothing wrong with wine. Wine & martini's, baby. Good stuff.