US Becoming a Nation of Pansies

boomerjamhead

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since 80% of people drink that mass produced yellow burp water, I'm not surprised that wine is becoming more popular. Bud, Michelob, Miller... it tastes all the same.

Craft beer, like wine, give you more varities that actually tastes different from each other.

Maybe if the "big three" cared more about taste than units sold, more people would be drinking beer.

Since 80% of people drink that mass produced yellow burp water, I'm not surprised that wine is becoming more popular.  Bud, Michelob, Miller... it tastes all the same.

Craft beer, like wine, give you more varities that actually tastes different from each other.

Maybe if the "big three" cared more about taste than units sold, more people would be drinking beer.

441265[/snapback]

You touched on the real problem. The problem you have is that the mass-producers need to minimize taste in order to sell more beer. The more taste you have, the more chance that people will not like it. Their beers need to be as inoffensive as possible. You need to go to the smaller producers to get more taste since that is their focus, not mass quantities.

Since 80% of people drink that mass produced yellow burp water, I'm not surprised that wine is becoming more popular.  Bud, Michelob, Miller... it tastes all the same.

441265[/snapback]

Be elitest like me and buy imported German beer. 0:)

441265[/snapback]

As long as Frats and other drinking organizations (let's call them what they are) keep throwing parties, with cheap beer, and big numbers, that's not going to change.

As long as Frats and other drinking organizations (let's call them what they are) keep throwing parties, with cheap beer, and big numbers, that's not going to change.

441274[/snapback]

You have a good point Puhonix. I do remember buying Meister Brau in college because it was all we could afford.

I guess one of the benefits of having a good job is the ability to buy good beer. 0:)

You have a good point Puhonix.  I do remember buying Meister Brau in college because it was all we could afford. 

I guess one of the benefits of having a good job is the ability to buy good beer.  B-)

441278[/snapback]

Yuengling for my friend Ramius, Corona for me and my girl, Zima for Ramius' GF. 0:)

Just kidding, she grew taste buds and tried to dumped the atrocity on a friend, who might no longer be a friend if she had taste buds herself.

Yuengling for my friend Ramius, Corona for me and my girl, Zima for Ramius' GF. 0:)

Just kidding, she grew taste buds and tried to dumped the atrocity on a friend, who might no longer be a friend if she had taste buds herself.

441339[/snapback]

Yuengling is a beer with MUCH taste, so I hardly think it fits this example.

You touched on the real problem. The problem you have is that the mass-producers need to minimize taste in order to sell more beer. The more taste you have, the more chance that people will not like it. Their beers need to be as inoffensive as possible. You need to go to the smaller producers to get more taste since that is their focus, not mass quantities.

441272[/snapback]

Yes. American macro beer = Hot Pockets.

Yes.  American macro beer = Hot Pockets.

441369[/snapback]

That is why I brew it myself. 0:)

BTW, the Belgian trippel finally stopped fermenting (about 8 days). It will be tough to let that one sit and condition. I am really looking forward to drinking it.

I want to get a winter ale done so that it will be perfect by Christmas time. I also want to do a Belgian wit in the near future. This should keep me stocked until the new year.

BTW, the Belgian trippel finally stopped fermenting (about 8 days). It will be tough to let that one sit and condition. I am really looking forward to drinking it.

441424[/snapback]

I don't think there is a homebrewer in existence who would have the patience to let that fully condition. I would recommend trying one after it's been bottled for two weeks and then every three weeks or so thereafter. While it will be perfectly delicious after the two weeks in the bottle, you'll see how the flavor changes over time to be what you are used to from commercial examples.

You'll see as well that you never have enough homebrew. Just last month I had four kegs going. Two parties later and I'm dry.... 0:)

You haven't lived until you've had a glass of this:

The best wine I've ever had the pelasure to drink...Dollar for Dollar.

441119[/snapback]

You know, I have not tried that wine however there are some incredible Italian wines out there for under $20 and some very good ones under $10. Italy is not as in demand as the French and Napa wines and there are some great values out there. Went to an Italian wine tasting this past weekend. We tasted 20 wines with the most expensive being $49.99 and our favorite believe it or not was only $9.99.

You know, I have not tried that wine however there are some incredible Italian wines out there for under $20 and some very good ones under $10.  Italy is not as in demand as the French and Napa wines and there are some great values out there.  Went to an Italian wine tasting this past weekend.  We tasted 20 wines with the most expensive being $49.99 and our favorite believe it or not was only $9.99.

441542[/snapback]

That chianti is PERFECT with a char-grilled ribeye.

Perfectissimo!

You know, I have not tried that wine however there are some incredible Italian wines out there for under $20 and some very good ones under $10.  Italy is not as in demand as the French and Napa wines and there are some great values out there.  Went to an Italian wine tasting this past weekend.  We tasted 20 wines with the most expensive being $49.99 and our favorite believe it or not was only $9.99.

441542[/snapback]

Can we get some Suggestions???

441272[/snapback]

Seeing I no longer drink beer I have a question. Does the exact same labeled beer, and I'm talking the quality stuff, taste the same from year to year? Are they trying to replicate it? Because with wine it's all mother nature. The same BOTTLE tastes different from when you open it. Let it breath 10 minutes. Let it breath an hour. Taste it the next day. Let it age, drink it young, taste what's behind the tannins. Try the same varietal but one year difference and it can be completely different. That's the fun in wine.