US Becoming a Nation of Pansies

boomerjamhead

Try some of the mroe aged scotches straight up - no ice. A (wealthy) friend has Johnny Walker Green label when he has us over and I exclusively drink that. Typically, I make myself the designated driver for those visits so I don't consume in huge quantities, thus enjoying every sip.

441933[/snapback]

I do drink them straight up, like to have the ice and water on the side for plain thirsty, not as a chaser. Aged is where some of the blends really rival single malts. A friend of mine in Hong Kong keeps a stock of some thirty year old Ballentine's. Surprisingly good. I like speyside single malts, there's probably a dozen distilleries that put out nice ones between 12 and 25 years old for under a hundred.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't drink, but when I did a little, I couldn't stand beer. Wine is better by far. Italians drink plenty of wine BTW. And even if the French was the only other nation that had more wine drinkers than beer, drinking wine rather than beer does not not a pansy make.

I'm not much for vintage when it comes to cooking.  Save the vintage stuff for your glass when you're eating the meal.  I am a classic cooking type of chef.  Coq au vin originated in the burgundy region, therefore a good quality burgundy would work.  However seeing the majority of burgundy wine is made with pinot noir a domestic pinot would suffice.  The key to a good coq au vin is to properly marinate the chicken, lots of herbs, and use of lardons (slab bacon).  I serve mine over fettuccine.

441951[/snapback]

Got a good recipe?

back in to the wine tonight --- getting the wife in the mood . ;)  :o  :(

443490[/snapback]

Word.

I miss those days. Hope you have candles, and a nice wine or champagne.

She's already in the mood. Trust me.

Make it a nice evening for her.

Word.

I miss those days. Hope you have candles, and a nice wine or champagne.

She's already in the mood. Trust me.

Make it a nice evening for her.

443498[/snapback]

with the no kids in the house ..... just like being newly weds, remember ???