US Becoming a Nation of Pansies

boomerjamhead

Pascal Mastantuono is an interesting character. His Tasting Room is like some Robin Hood Hunting Lodge and he regularly does Wild Boar Roasts, etc. on his property.

I'm a huge Brunello fan but as far as the other sangioveses I've never gotten excited. Anything from the Barossa though and I'm all ears-

441836[/snapback]

Wild Boar=Delicious

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am all over that!  But I looked at Pine Mt on the map.  Will you provide the helicopter to to get in?  :)

441634[/snapback]

You can catch a ride with Bob Lamb. He knows all the local "customs" ;-)

We're about an hour north of LA and contrary to the feeling you might get on Mapquest the roads are all paved.

You can catch a ride with Bob Lamb. He knows all the local "customs" ;-)

We're about an hour north of LA and contrary to the feeling you might get on Mapquest the roads are all paved.

441842[/snapback]

I'm in south Orange county. I don't care. Wine, food, mountains, jazz, Bills.......I'm there.

I'm in south Orange county.  I don't care.  Wine, food, mountains, jazz, Bills.......I'm there.

441864[/snapback]

You filthy bastard infidels and your balmy Southern California lifestyle!

Sun-tanned running dogs!

I am now thoroughly depressed that Allah has not graced me with such wondrous gifts. Where are my 99 virgins, damnit?!?!

:)

You haven't lived until you've had a glass of this:

The best wine I've ever had the pelasure to drink...Dollar for Dollar.

441119[/snapback]

Outstanding vino! Reasonably priced and always consistant!

Next time you're at a liquor store, try a bottle of Zinfandel (NOT white, just Zin) that comes from the Dry Creek Valley region of California. Most of the winemakers up there do a nice job with that grape and if you like the Ducale, you may find some nice "value" wines.

Outstanding vino! Reasonably priced and always consistant!

Next time you're at a liquor store, try a bottle of Zinfandel (NOT white, just Zin) that comes from the Dry Creek Valley region of California. Most of the winemakers up there do a nice job with that grape and if you like the Ducale, you may find some nice "value" wines.

441878[/snapback]

Thanks for the recommendation. (And yes, I know that White Zinfandel is a bastardization of real wine :) )

I'm sure my Old Man and Brother-In-Law will be eager to try some.

I'm going to my Uncle's for dinner tonight and I'm sure he's going to break out the scotch.  It's going to be a long ass flight tomorrow morning.

440758[/snapback]

I like my scotch on the rocks. When asked, "with water?" I reply, "no, the ice will melt". :)

Thanks for the recommendation. (And yes, I know that White Zinfandel is a bastardization of real wine :lol: )

I'm sure my Old Man and Brother-In-Law will be eager to try some.

441884[/snapback]

Sorry. It's just that soooo many people don't know the difference. Like at the resaturant when I order a glass of Zin and the 20 year old waitress looks at me and sez: "now, you know that it's RED zin?"

:):):rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sorry. It's just that soooo many people don't know the difference. Like at the resaturant when I order a glass of Zin and the 20 year old waitress looks at me and sez: "now, you know that it's RED zin?"

:)  :)  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

441898[/snapback]

LOL just ask around. I'm a man of sophistication and dignity.

:lol::P

Straight up with a glass of ice and water on the side. Perhaps with a Padron.

441906[/snapback]

Try some of the mroe aged scotches straight up - no ice. A (wealthy) friend has Johnny Walker Green label when he has us over and I exclusively drink that. Typically, I make myself the designated driver for those visits so I don't consume in huge quantities, thus enjoying every sip.

Try some of the mroe aged scotches straight up - no ice. A (wealthy) friend has Johnny Walker Green label when he has us over and I exclusively drink that. Typically, I make myself the designated driver for those visits so I don't consume in huge quantities, thus enjoying every sip.

441933[/snapback]

Oban for me please.

Q: for the chef...

Chef Jim...What vintage do you recommend for making a quality meal of Coq au vin?

441899[/snapback]

I'm not much for vintage when it comes to cooking. Save the vintage stuff for your glass when you're eating the meal. I am a classic cooking type of chef. Coq au vin originated in the burgundy region, therefore a good quality burgundy would work. However seeing the majority of burgundy wine is made with pinot noir a domestic pinot would suffice. The key to a good coq au vin is to properly marinate the chicken, lots of herbs, and use of lardons (slab bacon). I serve mine over fettuccine.

Well, you are not drinking the right beer.  :)

Here are my thoughts on the subject. You can match beer with food, just like you match wine. You get the right type of beer, served properly, and it will equal any properly matched wine served properly. The problem is that you have people drinking the crappier beers and they will not match up with wine. You cannot just pick up any beer and expect it to go well with the food.

Take the time and effort to match the beer with the food, just like you match the wine with the food. Your appreciation of beer will increase DRAMATICALLY.

441126[/snapback]

:)

Actually, when I drink beer to get drunk, I drink Steel Reserve.