Predictions

stevestojan

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They will effectively shut down JP, but he still won't make any drastic errors. Our D will completely dominate their offense and we'll get at least 10 pts off of turnovers. Our D and ST will maintain the edge with regard to field position and Willis will score his first and second TDs of the year.

Buffalo 24

Billfighters 9

I see the Bills D dominating in this forcing Griese to throw 2 ints but Losman will struggle, only separating late in the game with WM busting out big gains and RL being 3/4 in FG's propelling us to a 16-6 win in the Big Sombrero. WM goes for 90 yds and a TD--Losman goes 13-20 156 yds, a fumble and a pick leading to both TB FGs. Our D surrenders 210 total yds with 40 coming from the run. Cadillac will be shutdown and won't be the leading rusher and Griese will be 18-40 for 170 yds, 2 picks, a fumble and he will be sacked 4 times. Our D separates from the rest of the league by comparison but our O will be questioned because of our failure to get in the endzone while in the redzone.

My reply is, who cares about the endzone as long as you score more points than the other team?

I hate to be the 1st to pick against the Bills, but I see the game 16-10 Bucs.

I think JP will face a tough D on the road, and also that the heat will play a factor toward the end of the game. I see us leading 10-9 late into the 4th Qtr, and then giving up a late TD.

I hope I'm completely wrong...nothing would make me happier.

i'm not going to make a score prediction. while i was impressed with JP's poise in week one, we still don't know how he will respond on the road against an aggressive, fast defense. it's just a big unknown.

it has been said for years that the way you beat tampa is to run up the middle. well, here's the week for buffalo to unleash the power running game. willis could have a huge day.

on the other side of the ball, griese is known for making big mistakes at inopportune moments. if buffalo gets the lead in this game, i don't like his chances of leading tampa back -- not against our defense. does anyone think TB's receivers (clayton, galloway, hilliard) will get the better of the bills' secondary?

on ST, you have to give the bills the edge.

coaching/intangibles -- tough call. gruden is a great schemer and will certainly put in some things he believes can fool the bills' D. mularkey is 10-3 in his last 13 games. both teams have "big mo" on their side. TB will be pumped for the home opener. edge probably to the bucs -- slightly.

all in all, i'm thinking the game will be very close unless one team or the other is able to get a +2 turnover edge. if somebody held a gun to my head, i'd take the bills +3 and look for them to win outright. i'm discounting tampa's week one win somewhat, b/c i don't believe minnesota is as good as people thought they would be. i also don't think houston is as bad as buffalo made them look.