You Idiots

coltrane34

Like it or not the Bills starters were not only winning, but controlling the clock the entire time they were in the game.  During the regular season that would have been a win.  Stop complaining about the preseason, it is bandwagonish and annoying.

420151[/snapback]

Yes...in the end it's who sucks less. But it was surprising to hear (yet to see video) how badly the offense played. A major step backward from what I gather. This throws a wrench in what has been a smooth steady progression. JP & WM had problems but I guess the O-line was the source of the stink.

PTR

Yes, but you have to admit it's a blot on having an undefeated pre-season.

That's utterly devestating to our chances of going 16-0 this year in the regular season. :D

I can understand how some would take a loss - anykind of loss very, very hard. :blink:

Name one person who doesn't have a setback now and then. Short of JP and Willis retiring b/c they had a no-so-good game, progress will continue. That's the definition of progress.

The coaches understood this going in. A lot of people here said they did, too, but their whining shows they didn't get it.

In reply to your title:

Your the idiot.

I remember this same thread last year and whether preseason mattered. We had concerns about the offense in preseason and sure enough, we weren't exactly lighting it up once the regular season started. Rememeber our record starting the season??

The fact that JP can't ignite a passing game coupled with McGahee's subpar numbers so far, should be reason for some concern. The preseason isn't the end all and be all, but yes idiot, it does make a difference. Now when you were practicing chess and you were invovled in your preseason matches, I could see where your those matches might not matter. However, when it comes to professional sports or higher level sports....it does make a difference.

It seems to me like the Eagles and Patriots are playing pretty well.....ohhh yeah, who cares, it's only preseason.

Yes, but you have to admit it's a blot on having an undefeated pre-season.

That's utterly devestating to our chances of going 16-0 this year in the regular season. :(

I can understand how some would take a loss - anykind of loss very, very hard.  ;)

420177[/snapback]

:lol::lol:

Anybody know what the Dolphins' preseason record was when they had their perfect season?

But, in reality... Why in the heck would the Bills bring in another punter for pre-season?... Does Moorman really need the competition or is it to avoid injury?

I have to agree that Orton looked good and put some nice stuff on his passes... By that time, the Bills were starting to sub.

Jones' (Chicago) 39 yard run was a downer... He hit the hole and squirmed through... Yet, he was caught before the TD... By who? A 12 year vet that he originally seemed to blow by? A bright spot for the Bears during the Benson fiasco. I think it an illusion for the Bears.

Chicago played kinda well. IMO, I think the Bills will be fine... I think Chicago is deep do-do... Even know they picked up the win, IMO seem to be more disorganized than the Bills.

I would take this downer and reality check for the Bills rather than the false sense of security that the Bears gained during this pre-season victory.

Just my $.02.

??

My bad... Steve Baker is also a place kicker... Why not let him kick the FG's yesterday?

420238[/snapback]

What? :lol: Lindell needs his preseason practice. After the missed fieldgoal and extra point - we can safely assume he's in midseason form. I know, I know...I'm being harsh but this may be an actual gameday reality this season, practice makes perfect or imperfect. :(

My bad... Steve Baker is also a place kicker... Why not let him kick the FG's yesterday?

420238[/snapback]

Or the XP! :(

Game doesn't really "matter", no. But loosing still sucks no matter how you package it. End of the world? Of course not. Bit of a downer? Yeah, sure is.

-Jeff

I remember this same thread last year and whether preseason mattered.  We had concerns about the offense in preseason and sure enough, we weren't exactly lighting it up once the regular season started.  Rememeber our record starting the season??

420229[/snapback]

Your point is obviously that our offense struggled last preseason and is now struggling this preseason so we will obviously have the same results and go 0-4 this year just like last year in the season's first quarter.

Since we're taking trips down memory lane, why not remind us what great event took place in our third preseason game last year. Remember? Can you see it? Care to Google? I'll save you the trouble.

It took our offense three preseason games to score its first touchdown last year.

Let me put that another way: Our offense DID NOT...in other words, FAILED...to score a touchdown for nine quarters.

But we're obviously struggling just like last preseason.

Christ, people. It's freakin' preseason and it doesn't mean a goddam thing except we are practicing.

What?  :lol: Lindell needs his preseason practice. After the missed fieldgoal and extra point - we can safely assume he's in midseason form. I know, I know...I'm being harsh but this may be an actual gameday reality this season, practice makes perfect or imperfect.  :(

420249[/snapback]

I just put the second half on tape so I haven't watched it yet, did Lindell miss a chip shot FG again like he did against Pitts last year. Surely you are not claiming that him missing a 53 yarder last week when he actually hit a 54-yarder is some sign from him that he or we are DOOOMMMEEEDDD.

I just put the second half on tape so I haven't watched it yet, did Lindell miss a chip shot FG again like he did against Pitts last year. Surely you are not claiming that him missing a 53 yarder last week when he actually hit a 54-yarder is some sign from him that he or we are DOOOMMMEEEDDD.

420276[/snapback]

At ease FF Sunny. No statements of doom. Was referring to the rather lengthy 46 yarder yesterday. Not a chip shot at all but given our offensive capabilities these FG attempts will need to be made on a reasonably consistent basis. Merely stating that I could see a regular season game with a similar scenario. But for the record "NO :( DOOM " from this fan. Carry on. :lol:

That Bears defense is tough. They had only given up an average of 50 yds a game on the ground thru 3 games. That also includes mop up time with their camp fodder. I thought that the Bills did ok considering the defense that they were up against.

Thoughts on JP - at least he hasn't turned the ball over. That is going to help us win games that DB blew. I would have liked to see JP throw a few long balls. Really haven't seen any vertical passing yet.

McGahee - He had a tough night against a great defense. It's not like he had a lot of room to run. I was concerned that he wasn't pulled earlier, but I guess MM wanted to make him work.

Gates - I'm not sure that this guy is ready for primetime. He looked good in the other games but in extended action last night he did not look good. Was surprised that Shaud Williams played so little again.

Backup linebackers - Stamer and Haggins continued to impress, Crowell did not. Crowell put a good lick on Peterson but couldn't bring him down.

Wire - made a few ST tackles early but looked bad later in the game.

Like it or not the Bills starters were not only winning, but controlling the clock the entire time they were in the game.  During the regular season that would have been a win.  Stop complaining about the preseason, it is bandwagonish and annoying.

420151[/snapback]

Very true!

But against those playoff caliber teams, we won't have a chance until Willis has big games for us and that doesn't appear likely since we can't block 1 on 1 for him and create holes.