You Idiots

coltrane34

Your point is obviously that our offense struggled last preseason and is now struggling this preseason so we will obviously have the same results and go 0-4 this year just like last year in the season's first quarter.

Since we're taking trips down memory lane, why not remind us what great event took place in our third preseason game last year. Remember? Can you see it? Care to Google? I'll save you the trouble.

It took our offense three preseason games to score its first touchdown last year.

Let me put that another way: Our offense DID NOT...in other words, FAILED...to score a touchdown for nine quarters.

But we're obviously struggling just like last preseason.

Christ, people. It's freakin' preseason and it doesn't mean a goddam thing except we are practicing.

420272[/snapback]

Thank you for making my point. Yes we did struggle in preseason last year and yes we did not make the playoffs last year.

I agree that the preseason is not going to make or break our regular season - because as you say, it is practice. However, to ignore preseason completely is naive.....or freakin' naive.

It never ceases to amaze me how many people !@#$ up the contraction "you're" when calling somebody an idiot.  :(

420453[/snapback]

Thank you for the correction. My reply was only intended for the original poster who called people who hold any credibility in preseason, an idiot.

Just as an fyi, your tag line "whatever..." is an incomplete thought.

I didn't see the game but it sounded like JP just sucked. The thing that remains, however, is that he has left the field with 10, 10 and 9 point leads in three games. And he has done that because our defense has gotten turnovers and he hasn't turned the ball over. He hasn't thrown a lot of picks in practice, against a great defense, and he is the all time lowest INT percentage passer in his school's history. It looks like a trend, although we cannot know it until he plays a whole season.

He has a lot of learning to do, and a lot of mistakes in his near future. But if you don't turn the ball over, with a great D and ST, you can win a lot of games.

What?  :lol: Lindell needs his preseason practice. After the missed fieldgoal and extra point - we can safely assume he's in midseason form. I know, I know...I'm being harsh but this may be an actual gameday reality this season, practice makes perfect or imperfect.  :(

420249[/snapback]

Not sure if this was mentioned but, I am pretty sure Jon Dorenbos wasn't in there doing the long snapping... It was clearly a fugged up snap and hold... In my book Lindell gets a pass on the muffed PAT.

Can anybody confirm this?

Not sure if this was mentioned but, I am pretty sure Jon Dorenbos wasn't in there doing the long snapping... It was clearly a fugged up snap and hold... In my book Lindell gets a pass on the muffed PAT.

Can anybody confirm this?

420557[/snapback]

I don't think Dorenbos ever snaps for PATs or FG's.

As hard as it is to beleive, the longsnapper just snaps for punts. I've been very opposed to cutting other players to hold this spot for him in the past, but man is it scary to have inconsistent snaps on punts.

Yes, the snap was bad, and the recovery was decent, but not great. The ball was point-down, but was being held diagonally. From the one camera angle provided, it was impossible to tell if it was also leaning back too far.

NFL Network edited out Lindell's missed FG. Was it far off? Could someone give me a written replay?

I didn't see the game but it sounded like JP just sucked. The thing that remains, however, is that he has left the field with 10, 10 and 9 point leads in three games. And he has done that because our defense has gotten turnovers and he hasn't turned the ball over. He hasn't thrown a lot of picks in practice, against a great defense, and he is the all time lowest INT percentage passer in his school's history. It looks like a trend, although we cannot know it until he plays a whole season.

He has a lot of learning to do, and a lot of mistakes in his near future. But if you don't turn the ball over, with a great D and ST, you can win a lot of games.

420544[/snapback]

Actually, I thought JP played a good game. Good decisions and no turnovers.

In reply to your title:

Your the idiot.

I remember this same thread last year and whether preseason mattered.  We had concerns about the offense in preseason and sure enough, we weren't exactly lighting it up once the regular season started.  Rememeber our record starting the season??

The fact that JP can't ignite a passing game coupled with McGahee's subpar numbers so far, should be reason for some concern.  The preseason isn't the end all and be all, but yes idiot, it does make a difference.  Now when you were practicing chess and you were invovled in your preseason matches, I could see where your those matches might not matter.  However, when it comes to professional sports or higher level sports....it does make a difference.

It seems to me like the Eagles and Patriots are playing pretty well.....ohhh yeah, who cares, it's only preseason.

420229[/snapback]

First off....I am not calling ANYONE an idiot....

But.......preseason really isn't a total barometer for the regular season one way or the other......the patriots aren't winning all of their games either.....the bills when we were going to super bowls were ALSO not winning a lot of preseason games....

Would I liked to have seen JPL throw for 2 scores and Willis for another?  Yes......but the fact is that when it was starters against starters....the bills WERE winning the game......

I don't think Dorenbos ever snaps for PATs or FG's. 

As hard as it is to beleive, the longsnapper just snaps for punts.  I've been very opposed to cutting other players to hold this spot for him in the past, but man is it scary to have inconsistent snaps on punts.

Yes, the snap was bad, and the recovery was decent, but not great. The ball was point-down, but was being held diagonally.  From the one camera angle provided, it was impossible to tell if it was also leaning back too far.

NFL Network edited out Lindell's missed FG.  Was it far off?  Could someone give me a written replay?

420752[/snapback]

I don't think it was that far off... It happened so fast... My first reaction was that he missed and thought: Oh, MY! It seemed to take a long time calling it a miss... Then again, I may be way off! ;):lol:

:D