So Where Do You Buy Your Gas From?

PTS

No political statements in this post.

This information is something that everyone should know. Oil companies need to report each month to the US Department of Engery where they purchase their oil from. Fox News reported today which five oil companies do not purchase oil from the Middle East.

Companies That Do Not Import Oil From The Middle East:

Sunoco

Citgo

ConocoPhillips (76)

Sinclair

BP

What's The Difference?

The report stated that the money you spend at gas stations that purchase oil from the Middle East does go to charities in the Middle East that are being fronted by Terrorist groups.

Seriously, share this list with everyone. Mobil -- where I used to get gas -- is one of the biggest importers of Middle Eastern oil.

Edited by Mr. Clutch

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even at $67/bbl, it's still cheaper than a glass of milk or orange juice.

Which, when you think about it, is really wrong.

You can always grow more oil I guess?

Fox News reported today which five oil companies do not purchase oil from the Middle East.

Was there any type of list included which showed which companies rely most heavily on ME oil? Or mention of subsidiaries of these corps which may use different names?

i love that site.  did you know they have an entire section devoted to factual assertions made by VABills?

:devil:

415866[/snapback]

Wow, are you in love with me or something? You're scary. Now stop.

Or better yet contrinute something other then Losman is great and you're an idiot. Yeah great analysis there.

Wow, are you in love with me or something?  You're scary.  Now stop.

Or better yet contrinute something other then Losman is great and you're an idiot.  Yeah great analysis there.

415908[/snapback]

oh please. stop taking the bait. you're like a child. isn't it about time for you to call someone (besides me) a fag, an idiot, or a fool?

aye caramba. :devil:

oh please.  stop taking the bait.  you're like a child.  isn't it about time for you to call someone (besides me) a fag, an idiot, or a fool?

aye caramba.  :devil:

415922[/snapback]

Again another great contribution to the board. Harrassment of other members. I love it. Keep it up, I am sure other like to see this.

This information is something that everyone should know. Oil companies need to report each month to the US Department of Engery where they purchase their oil from. Fox News reported today which five oil companies do not purchase oil from the Middle East.

Sunoco

Citgo

ConocoPhillips (76)

Sinclair

BP

What's The Difference?

The report stated that the money you spend at gas stations that purchase oil from the Middle East does go to charities in the Middle East that are being fronted by Terrorist groups.

Seriously, share this list with everyone. Mobil -- where I used to get gas -- is one of the biggest importers of Middle Eastern oil.

415824[/snapback]

How about this arguement. Buy oil only from those companies that buy it outside ot the U.S. Last I knew, oil was a limited resource. It isn't going to last forever. So why not use their's and keep ours.

Actually it is really a shame that it is used for transportation. Oil or oil derivatives are used everywhere in our economy. If it gets much more expensive, this may really start showing itself.

Oh the money issue. I'll bet they could find thousands of sources for terrorist funds, oil being just one of them.

Sunoco

Citgo

ConocoPhillips (76)

Sinclair

BP

What's The Difference?

415824[/snapback]

BP is owned by Arabs. The first 4 are American owned

I buy my gas from the reservation.  I couldn't tell you, nor do I care where they get it from.

It's too bad ethanol isn't a reliable source of fuel.  The US government wouldn't have to pay farmers anymore.  And everything would be grown here in the USA.

416218[/snapback]

What about Bio-Diesel? Same idea, different fuel...

Wow, are you in love with me or something?  You're scary.  Now stop.

Or better yet contrinute something other then Losman is great and you're an idiot.  Yeah great analysis there.

415908[/snapback]

you really have a problem with people stalking you...must be the nonsense you spew

If FOX NEWS reported this today?

Might want to check SNOPES before posting. :devil::blush:

415853[/snapback]

You might want to check the Department of Energy's website. Snopes is actually wrong this time. Which makes me wonder how right they are about other stuff.

You might want to check the Department of Energy's website. Snopes is actually wrong this time. Which makes me wonder how right they are about other stuff.

416237[/snapback]

I checked the DOE website, and SNOPES used the info from 2002, and it looks right to me.

I buy my gas from the reservation.  I couldn't tell you, nor do I care where they get it from.

It's too bad ethanol isn't a reliable source of fuel.  The US government wouldn't have to pay farmers anymore.  And everything would be grown here in the USA.

416218[/snapback]

Ahhhhhhh.....yes.....some good 'ol homegrown.....now you're talkin' bro!! :devil:

I checked the DOE website, and SNOPES used the info from 2002, and it looks right to me.

416276[/snapback]

Yeah, it's not as much "right" as "dated."

And in fact, when you look past the actual numbers and (gasp) read why the "plan" is bogus, you'll find this gem:

Economics Prof. Pat Welch of St. Louis University says any boycott of "bad guy" gasoline in favor of "good guy" brands would have some unintended (and unhappy) results.

Although foreign relations wax and wane, Welch says, the law of supply and demand is set in stone. "To meet the sudden demand," he says, "the good guys would have to buy gasoline wholesale from the bad guys, who are suddenly stuck with unwanted gasoline."

So motorists would end up buying Arab oil anyway — and paying more for it, because they'd be buying it at fewer stations.

And yes, oil companies do buy and sell from one another. Mike Right of AAA Missouri says, "If a company has a station that can be served more economically by a competitor's refinery, they'll do it."

Right adds, "In some cases, gasoline retailers have no refinery at all. Some convenience-store chains sell a lot of gasoline -- and buy it all from somebody else's refinery."

St. Louis University's Welch says, "The e-mail presupposes that you know who the supplier is, and that's not always the case."