The Terrel Owens thread

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ESPN is saying Reid told him to leave. That leaves the Eagles on the hook to continue paying him I believe...

404153[/snapback]

Well it's obvious to me that TO is the victim...again!!!

I wish that fat, spandex wearing coach/GM and the show tune loving owner would quit picking on him.

There's a really easy way to deal with this situation. Reid screwed up by ordering him to leave. He should have waited until TO came up with another injury in training camp, regardless of the severity and put his a$$ on IR, ending his season.

Frankly, I have no idea what everone is so cranked up about. This is a business, not a sport. TO has every right to decide that he wants nothing to do with his teammates and his team and has every right to walk out on them simply because he doesn't want to be somewhere simply because he thinks he needs more money because he last contract was unfair.

Plus, Drew Rosenhaus is really the one to blame for this, but you can't blame him because he's just trying to get his player more money and since the NFL screws players, players should be able to screw the NFL.

Get over it, people. TO can do what he wants because nothing else matters but TO.

That being said...

Eric Moulds, Josh Reed and a 4th pick for T.O. and Corey Simon.

404112[/snapback]

Are you out of your mind? Why don't we just trade Moulds and Spikes for Ricky Williams, Randy Moss, Rod Strickland and that hockey player that put out a contract to kill someone?

I've said before that I wouldn't trade EM for TO. I'll now amend that: I wouldn't trade Moulds for 10 TOs. TO is a PUNK. He puts himself ahead of the team. There is only one way the story ends for any team dumb enough to bring him in -- the way it's ending now in Philly.

Meanwhile, Moulds is going to have another big season in which he catches over 80 balls for over 1000 yards and is a monster in traffic when we need 7 yards on 3rd down. Moulds also won't complain when Evans has more touchdowns or when JP makes mistakes. The guy is a rock. If JP is half as good as Moulds we'll do some real damage in the playoffs. And when we get there Moulds is going to make whoever's guarding him regret that it's EM's first shot at the playoffs in 6 years.

I don't want to hear any more about "unloading" Moulds because he's going to have a big cap number next year -- especially not for someone like TO. How about a little loyalty to a guy that has busted his butt for disappointing teams (and been extremely productive despite playing with a bunch of different spotty QBs) for his entire career?

Moulds is going to have another huge season and the bills will re-work his deal so that he still makes good money for another 2-3 years. He's in unbelievable shape and is not going to tail off anytime soon.

That being said...

Eric Moulds, Josh Reed and a 4th pick for T.O. and Corey Simon.

404112[/snapback]

Are you friggin' nuts? Yeah, good idea, let's bring in a whiner TO who can't live up to a contract. There's a fine example for the youngsters!

I'm not sure Simon is worth his weight in whining, either...