Why is everyone so happy about the trade?

My whole point was that I'm not pissed about it, but I'm just surprised at how many people are excited that we got a THIRD round pick for a 1400+ yard running back....

383320[/snapback]

Exactly.

I can hear the lovely lilting melody of their favorite song playing right now:

"There's a maroon out tonight."

I'm not pissed, but the jism floating around right now about TD geniousity is as hard to take as it was predictable from his droids.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm happy for a couple of reasons:

1. TD got ripped by everyone for not trading TH before the draft. He wouldn't take a 5th or whatever he was offered then, because he wanted more value. He got more value.

2. TH was only going to be an insurance policy this year, and would have been gone next year for no compensation.

3. There didn't seem to be many buyers of veteran RB's with Alexander and James seeing no interest.

4. Bills fans know that TH is a tough runner who has some major weaknesses in blitz pickup and catching the ball.

Lastly, I look at it that we used a 2nd to pick TH, got 2 very good years out of him, and got a 3rd rounder for him before he left with no compensation.

I would have loved to get a 1st or 2nd for him, but it wasn't going to happen. If Tenn sucks as bad as I think that they will this year, it will be close to getting a 2nd rounder for him.

My whole point was that I'm not pissed about it, but I'm just surprised at how many people are excited that we got a THIRD round pick for a 1400+ yard running back....

383320[/snapback]

The problem is that as long as TH plays here, he will never be a 1400+ yard running back. As long as he's a Bill, he'll be getting 2-5 carries per game to help out McGahee.

We didn't trade a great running back, we traded a malcontent who didn't want to be here and was only going to be a problem behind the scenes. TH didn't have much value to the Bills anymore.

there was a realistic possibilty that we would have received nothing for TH.

He probably would have sat ou the year.. or if played, wouldn't risk injury.

TD got something for nothing.

I am amazed at the lack of value for 1000 yard RB's in the NFL. I think that will change in the next couple of years, but for now.. no value

TH did have 2 1000 yard seasons, but he was never great or dominant.

I remember one game where he wore down a defense... the 2nd JETS game of Greggs last year. That was it.

I was never impressed with TH.. He is not a thurman or a Willis

TD deserves much credit... Maybe not 3 threads.. but credit

For me, this is not about Tom Donahoe making a brilliant maneuver to improve the team. Buffalo had a disgruntled RB who vowed not to report to camp or play for the Bills ever again. I'm sure Donahoe would have preferred to keep Henry for his insurance value since he wasn't garnering enough interest to snag a top draft pick, but credit Donahoe for seeing that was not going to happen. Donahoe's patience did not result in a coup for Buffalo. Rather it avoided Buffalo being taken advantage of by another team. A third round pick does not represent super value, but it is clearly the most value the Bills were going to get out of Henry at this point whether he was traded or not.

I think travis was worth more than a third rounder also, but the bills obviously weren't going to get any more out of him,with that being said he would have been a backup here for one more year and he'd be gone and thats if he showed up for camp. The nice thing about THIS third round pick is the titans have cleaned house and this might end up being a pretty high third anywhere from beginning to middle of the round, i'm crossing my fingers tennesee is the worst team in the league next year!

Henry lost his job and was going to walk after the season if he didn't get traded...a 3rd rounder is better than nothing which is what we would have gotten

Not to mention, if he was in Buff it would have been a major distraction all year

I think TD did a great job - he was getting crucified by the media after the draft for not dealing Henry, when the only offers coming in were for 4th and 5th round picks - he stuck to his guns and got what he felt was value - if Edge and Shaun Alexander couldn't garner even a 2nd rounder offer, I'd say a 3rd is a good trade

I wish Travis well - he's a very good back and tough as nails....he kinda got screwed, but Mcgahee just ended up being too good to pass on - he deserved a shot to go somewehere else and star his career over...I live in TN now and the Volunteer fans still love him - its a good match

The trade was rushed. If Td stuck to his guns and waited until camp he could have at least gotten a second rounder. Backs are going to go down during cam and the preseason. The trade waters were just starting to heat up with Alexander and any other proven back being too expensive for anyone to take. Td you should have waited.

We now have THREE threads thanking TD for this trade.

Now, let me start by saying I don't think there was anything we could have done, so I'm not pissed about it. But, I'm not gonna start a thread thanking TD for this.

Think about it. TH ran for back-to-back 1300+ seasons and was on pace for a third till he got benched. I was never personally the biggest TH fan, but those stats and the guy is only worth a 3 rounder?

What percetage of 3 rounders ever become starters? We will end up getting a backup lineman or backup tight end next year, and like it or not, we traded a 2nd tier NFL RB for that.

If this had been any other year (meaning the market for RBs was better) TH is worth a high second rounder.. easily.

383312[/snapback]

Steve, you need to talk to the idiots who really thought he wasn't worth anything and wanted TD to just release him. I hope they grow a brain someday real soon.

Steve, you need to talk to the idiots who really thought he wasn't worth anything and wanted TD to just release him.    I hope they grow a brain someday real soon.

383475[/snapback]

Could you provide a list of these "idiots"? I haven't seen a single person post that, so this info would be great...

Could you provide a list of these "idiots"?  I haven't seen a single person post that, so this info would be great...

383477[/snapback]

I remember one person doing it. I couldn't find his post right now if I had to, but I remember in the heat of the draft, one particular person said we should just cut Henry, and he said it right after calling him a child-molesting moronic piece of crap who should be booted out on his ass because he's a worthless human being who shouldn't be allowed to suck oxygen, from a tank or otherwise. And that's actually paraphrasing him.

I remember it clear as day because I spent that entire day busting his nuts over it. :rolleyes:

383320[/snapback]

I am as big a Travis fan as anyone, but you just said Travis was a 1400+ yard running back and you're seemingly disappointed we didn't get more for him. He played four years. That was his best year. Why did you choose that one? Couldn't someone else say he is a 300 yard RB and a third rounder is a friggin' steal? He had seasons of about 700, 1400, 1300 and 300. And was beaten out. That, to me, is a 950 yard RB if you want to use stats. A #3 was a decent or good trade for him, especially considering everything that happened (he's injury prone, he was beaten out, he's coming off a bad year, he's bitching, he has one year left on his contract, other RBs were available, several teams drafted big name RBs in round one, etc).

I personally think it was a great trade for Tennessee, too, and he may a steal for a #3. But that doesn't mean we could have gotten much more for him.

Steve, you need to talk to the idiots who really thought he wasn't worth anything and wanted TD to just release him.    I hope they grow a brain someday real soon.

383475[/snapback]

Could you provide a list of these "idiots"?  I haven't seen a single person post that, so this info would be great...

383477[/snapback]

Looks like the results are in:

Win - Bill from NYC

Place - VABills

Show - stuckincincy

Anyone bet the trifecta? :rolleyes:

Looks like the results are in:

Win  - Bill from NYC

Place - VABills

Show - stuckincincy

Anyone bet the trifecta?  :rolleyes:

383525[/snapback]

New York City, Virginia, Cincinatti. Let this be known as "The Triangle of Shame",

or "The Cone of Ignorance".

Somebody save this.