Apology Post to TD for TH Deal Here!!!

Well, you knoe who you are. I will not name any names lest this be interpreted as me calling folks out and I respect some of the OTHER opinions some of these TSW posters have had which did not flat out state things like TD would get 0 value for Henry in a trade or that TD was hurting us by waiting.

It just simply fortunately has not turned out that way and these posters were falt out wrong in their assessments of what value other league professionals assigned to TH and in their judgment that TD was being foolish in failing to pull the trigger on any offer (or in not cutting TH as he wished).

This merely an opportunity for some posters to sing TDs praises and admit that they were flat out wrong in this football judgment.

They can also take this opportunity if they choose to try to explain why we are all to stupid to understand the wisdom they were truly sharing or that why they are so much smarter than people at the Titans who at least are being paid to be such fools, but my guess is that any protests that they were really write will be mostly met with smug smiles.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, you knoe who you are.  I will not name any names lest this be interpreted as me calling folks out and I respect some of the OTHER opinions some of these TSW posters have had which did not flat out state things like TD would get 0 value for Henry in a trade or that TD was hurting us by waiting.

It just simply fortunately has not turned out that way and these posters were falt out wrong in their assessments of what value other league professionals assigned to TH and in their judgment that TD was being foolish in failing to pull the trigger on any offer (or in not cutting TH as he wished).

This merely an opportunity for some posters to sing TDs praises and admit that they were flat out wrong in this football judgment.

They can also take this opportunity if they choose to try to explain why we are all to stupid to understand the wisdom they were truly sharing or that why they are so much smarter than people at the Titans who at least are being paid to be such fools, but my guess is that any protests that they were really write will be mostly met with smug smiles.

383287[/snapback]

[whoops on that last reply]

to quote the fonz, i was wr-wr-wr-wr-wrONG! he did pull it off. the thing i felt that the bills had to pray for - injuries (or concerns about already existing injuries) to other starting backs - happened. it's a good move, and i certainly am thrilled that donohoe got it right. but he still has to draft a decent player, or its worthless. of course, i have no doubt that he can find an excellent role player (at least) in the third round next year.

Well, you knoe who you are.  I will not name any names lest this be interpreted as me calling folks out and I respect some of the OTHER opinions some of these TSW posters have had which did not flat out state things like TD would get 0 value for Henry in a trade or that TD was hurting us by waiting.

383287[/snapback]

Oh how times have changed.

Before the draft the board was awash in speculation over whether the old fox would get a second or a first round pick for Travis, afterall, we picked him in the second round and since then he proved himself by making the pro bowl. When that didn't work out, there were some after the draft still clinging to the idea that we were going to get a top pick for him. "Just wait" they said, "you'll see, ol' TD will get us into the second round yet just as soon as somebody else's back gets hurt". Now we are asked to congratulate him for getting a third rounder for him?

All TD did was get what Travis was worth, a lousy third rounder. Nothing more, nothing less. It was no major coup, no brilliant deal making.

THANK YOU TD FOR GETTING A 3RD ROUND PICK NEXT YEAR.

THAT SHOULD HELP US IMMEASURABLY THIS YEAR.

THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR GENIUS AND POKER-PLAYING SKILLS!

I FEEL LIKE A MAN AGAIN.

rooster-A-DOODLE-DOO!

MAN, I FEEL LIKE CROWIN' TONITE!

So far, thanks to Dave McBride for being real about this. I salue you for stepping up to the plate and acknowledging reality.

It is a good laugh though to see other posts in this thread which in their whistling in the light way find fault with TD for failing to deliver on his initial bargaining position (long since abandoned as real negtiationd ensued) that we want a 2nd for TH.

These post deliver quite a bit of humor if nothing else and stand in stark contrast to the posters by folks like dave m that show they have some real football knowledge by simply admitting they were WR-WR-WR-wrong.

You can really tell whose opinions are worth something or merely the photons they are printed with!

Third round pick for a former pro bowl running back

whoopdedamndoo

383384[/snapback]

no one has offered a 3rd round pick for Sea Alexander or IND james

but for a less talented RB wth injury, fumble, attitude and leagal issues, TD got a 3rd round pick

I'm Amazed.. and very impressed with TD

but for a less talented RB wth injury, fumble, attitude and leagal issues, TD got a 3rd round pick

383392[/snapback]

Well said. People seem to ignore the fact that there isn't much of a market out there for running backs right now. TD got a very good deal because it looks like Tennessee will finish towards the bottom of the league again.

Well well Fake Fat Sunny, others have said it good enough here that I dont have to espouse how it isn't the greatest thing ever since white bread, toasted white bread, milk or honey or even when the wheel was invented.

But remember this, he could have gotten a first rounder for him! but Good ole TD covered his ass by not doing it just in case Willis didn't work out.

He hedgedhis bet and it cost us two rounds worth of draft pick. NICE play. Obviously if something would have happened to Willis, kepping him all this time would have been the smart play.

But then, I guess we could say the same thing for this coming season too couldn't we?

The biggest mistake by TD was keeping him when he knew we were not a Playoff team with his other genius move. You know, DREW. (uh, gave up something signifiacant to get him here and run him out of town didn't we)

Of course I am using my hindsight as a forethought right now by saying I knew it all along that once we got rid of Drew, we would make it back to the playoffs! :rolleyes:

383392[/snapback]

I think it is about the current contracts those guys have. You're taking on

their current contract. Henry's final year contract is really almost nothing.

This may be another reason why you see so few trades in the NFL, or at least a

contributing factor.

quite simply because james and alexander are still with their respective teams... TD wanted a 3rd and got a third.

383451[/snapback]

But, assuming these teams are going to take a 3rd round draft pick for these players doesn't mean anything.

383392[/snapback]

Alexander wants tons and tons and tons of money. No one will sign him for that kind of money and of course, no one is going to trade for a palyer they can't sign. Do you think the Titans would take TH over Alexander if the price were the same?

All TD did was not trade him for a 4th rounder at the draft. The hue and cry at that time was not that he should have taken that but that he should have been able to get a second rounder "at least". My take before and after the draft was that TH just isn't worth as much as so many here claimed. My beef wasn't with TD on this one but with all those who were not only sure that we were going to get a second of first rounder for him but were pretty aggressive to any who disagreed.

For my part, the trade just vindicates what I always thought, if TH were worth so much, we wouldn't have drafted WM to begin with. As for TD, he didn't pull of any miracle here, he got rid of a good back for less than it cost us to get him. The reaction here by some that this verifies his genius is embarassing to watch. This may very well be one of the most insignificant trades we have ever made.

Alexander wants tons and tons and tons of money.  No one will sign him for that kind of money and of course, no one is going to trade for a palyer they can't sign.  Do you think the Titans would take TH over Alexander if the price were the same?

All TD did was not trade him for a 4th rounder at the draft.  The hue and cry at that time was not that he should have taken that but that he should have been able to get a second rounder "at least".  My take before and after the draft was that TH just isn't worth as much as so many here claimed.  My beef wasn't with TD on this one but with all those who were not only sure that we were going to get a second of first rounder for him but were pretty aggressive to any who disagreed.

For my part, the trade just vindicates what I always thought, if TH were worth so much, we wouldn't have drafted WM to begin with.  As for TD, he didn't pull of any miracle here, he got rid of a good back for less than it cost us to get him.  The reaction here by some that this verifies his genius is embarassing to watch.  This may very well be one of the most insignificant trades we have ever made.

383497[/snapback]

That is one way to look at it. And all of what you say is true. The other way to look at it is that TD got Travis virtually for free (remember he traded down, picked Clements a pro-bowl caliber player and then got Henry, too, for that pick). Got three good seasons out of him including two that went for about 2800 yards and 25 TDs, got an extra year out of him for a relatively small amount of money on an extension, waited until his stud RB he gambled on was healthy and ready, and then got a third round pick (probably top of the third round) for the guy when he was going to be a back-up and/or leave via FA.

I think that's pretty damn good.