Labatt Blue / Bills pint glass

Last week when visiting Buffalo for the week of the 4th, I became enamored of a certain pint glass I noticed at a place I frequent (Frank's in Lancaster) - it has a Labatt Blue logo on the side above a Bills logo. For some reason I just think they are the sweetest beverage container I have ever seen. I tried to buy some the first night I was there but they wouldn't sell - I'm sure the staff figured it wasn't their place to make that decision. Finally when I left that night the bartender just gave me one - I guess he figured I had earned it with all the Blue I drank :w00t:

Was there two more times during the week and each time the staff declined selling me any (I want a set of 4 :D ), and I didn't want to steal any. I looked on the web to try and find any way to get a hold of them w/o success. I did try to plant the seed w/ my Dad ("Boy - a few more of these would sure make a nice birthday present!") - we'll see how resourceful he is.

Anyone else notice these glasses as you've ventured out recently?

I saw the same glass at Consumer beverages in Hamburg about 2 months ago.

378432[/snapback]

Cool- Thanks. I don't see it on their web site but I'll have my local associate check it out :D

Last week when visiting Buffalo for the week of the 4th, I became enamored of a certain pint glass I noticed at a place I frequent (Frank's in Lancaster) - it has a Labatt Blue logo on the side above a Bills logo.  For some reason I just think they are the sweetest beverage container I have ever seen.  I tried to buy some the first night I was there but they wouldn't sell - I'm sure the staff figured it wasn't their place to make that decision.  Finally when I left that night the bartender just gave me one - I guess he figured I had earned it with all the Blue I drank  ;)

Was there two more times during the week and each time the staff declined selling me any (I want a set of 4  :D ), and I didn't want to steal any.  I looked on the web to try and find any way to get a hold of them w/o success.  I did try to plant the seed w/ my Dad  ("Boy - a few more of these would sure make a nice birthday present!") - we'll see how resourceful he is.

Anyone else notice these glasses as you've ventured out recently?

378427[/snapback]

You're right, they are nice glasses. My brother "borrowed" one from an establishment and gave it to me. :w00t:

Last week when visiting Buffalo for the week of the 4th, I became enamored of a certain pint glass I noticed at a place I frequent (Frank's in Lancaster) - it has a Labatt Blue logo on the side above a Bills logo.

378427[/snapback]

Does it say "Official Canadian beer of the Buffalo Bills" under the Labatt logo and above the Bills logo? I've got two of those. I got them from Benchwarmers in Ithaca, NY last year (i think i was watching the second Jets game there.) It was one of those buy a pint, keep the glass and get cheap refills deals.

Does it say "Official Canadian beer of the Buffalo Bills" under the Labatt logo and above the Bills logo?  I've got two of those.  I got them from Benchwarmers in Ithaca, NY last year (i think i was watching the second Jets game there.)  It was one of those buy a pint, keep the glass and get cheap refills deals.

378439[/snapback]

That's the one.

You're right, they are nice glasses. My brother "borrowed" one from an establishment and gave it to me.  :D

378438[/snapback]

I've borrowed them myself :w00t: Unfortunatly I think someone else borrowed them from my house!!

Geez, way to hijack a thread...

379398[/snapback]

Agreed - you would think the least she could do as payback is "borrow" some more of the subject glasses and give them to me...

I've collected quite a few unusual beer glasses over my travels. Most of the time people were happy to give me one if I asked nice. They have some pretty fancy barwear in Germany and Belgium.

Of course, I've borrowed some as well. Same with coffee cups. Don't think I've bought a coffee cup in 10 years.

Is your new employer uncomfortable when you use your pom poms to emphasize your point at staff meeting?  :wacko:

WB!  :P

379887[/snapback]

We had a Bills themed meeting last week and everyone was looking at me like I was going to break into a cheer or a dance..... I told them they don't pay me enough for that!!

:wacko: True.... but they won't let me wear the uniform or dance around to "Shout!" when we make our goals!!

380079[/snapback]

Welcome back! :P

If you come to the home opener, I will introduce you to my two cheerleading daughters. One is a teacher now, the other is in college and doing cheerleading competitions.

Welcome back, Trendi...Valerie and I were talking about you this weekend

380092[/snapback]

Hey, phislter - how are you? I seldom visit BZ because I remain dial-up and the site is well-nigh useless to me these days what with the heavy bells/whistles/graphics.

Yeah..I know what you mean..some people still pester LOG occasionally about getting stealth mode back...I've been good though...just busy...rarely get a chance to check out boards other than the Zone...dropped by here only cause Mikey told me one of my group's moderators was back online...a few of us were thinking about hitting the Cincy game this season..then the schedule came out...out of 4 road trips I was eyeing, I'm only making one...San Diego

How you been, man?

I've collected quite a few unusual beer glasses over my travels. Most of the time people were happy to give me one if I asked nice. They have some pretty fancy barwear in Germany and Belgium.

379901[/snapback]

My Dad has a small collection of German beer glasses, around twenty if I remember right. We were always warned that if we broke one, we'd have to go to Germany to get him a replacement.

My Dad has a small collection of German beer glasses, around twenty if I remember right. We were always warned that if we broke one, we'd have to go to Germany to get him a replacement.

380223[/snapback]

With his right foot providing your mode of travel?

Welcome back!  :angry:

If you come to the home opener, I will introduce you to my two cheerleading daughters. One is a teacher now, the other is in college and doing cheerleading competitions.

380084[/snapback]

That is awesome - I miss cheerleading so much!!! I ALMOST came back to the Jills this year but it is alot of work.

Sup y'all.

So, when I was a kid, our town had this "innertube regatta", which was really a Pabst Blue Ribbon festival in disguised as a welfare boat race. That's just the backdrop here though, as the one thing I remember the most about the regatta was that the locals used to run around the place wearing these crocheted (sp?) bucket hats that, all around the brim, were these cut-out tin can sides of Pabst Blue Ribbon cans crocheted into the bucket hat. That sh-- was hot. I need to e-bay up one of those.

I know, doesn't have jack to do with Labatts' glasses, but the thread got me thinking about beer, so here you go.

Sup y'all. 

So, when I was a kid, our town had this "innertube regatta", which was really a Pabst Blue Ribbon festival in disguised as a welfare boat race. That's just the backdrop here though, as the one thing I remember the most about the regatta was that the locals used to run around the place wearing these crocheted (sp?) bucket hats that, all around the brim, were these cut-out tin can sides of Pabst Blue Ribbon cans crocheted into the bucket hat.  That sh-- was hot.  I need to e-bay up one of those.

I know, doesn't have jack to do with Labatts' glasses, but the thread got me thinking about beer, so here you go.

380354[/snapback]

Doesn't take long to find one.....

EBay- Beer Can Hat (hats) Pabst Blue Ribbon - His and Hers